The ALL New DJI S900 Hexacopter!

Buzz_Roavr

Too good a deal to refuse... hope to see some stiff competition in the coming months or DJI are going to totally corner the Hobby and Pro market with this, just cant understand how they can offer this combo at little more than a single Zenmuse. A great deal yeah but its taken something away I feel. I'm torn but I'm not going for it myself. Maybe I would think differently If I had not just shelled out on a Legacy 3X and Carvec G-Lock

I feel like this to. I wonder if DJI have just devalued their business to make a few bucks?

I need a GH4 lifter as my XM-X4 won't do it but I just don't know which way to go.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Ben...
I have spare set of S1000 legs that I've fitted to our S900. Everything fits, no problem.
However, I'm not too impressed with the quality of some parts. GPS mast pivot block tie bar stripped it's thread without even getting tight. Leg to landing skid clamp not machined correctly inside. Prevented leg slot engaging. Several parts with bad surface cosmetic damage.

andy

What up Andy!

One of the screws on my GPS mast wasn't long enough and didn't engage with the thread, used a longer one from my 'box of many things' and all good now.

I was impressed with the S900 otherwise. I thought the quality looked great (remember, I'm coming from an original S800 :) ). I didn't find any cosmetic damage, and believe me I 've spent the last two weeks going over it with some tweezers and a magnifying glass! I've been gagging for a new build!

Let us know what else you find. :nevreness:

PMaughan

I feel like this to. I wonder if DJI have just devalued their business to make a few bucks?

I need a GH4 lifter as my XM-X4 won't do it but I just don't know which way to go.

I get my S900 on Monday so can't comment on quality just yet but I think there will always be big price drops or leaps in the tech for the same money in an area like this, I do a lot of work with big very bright video projectors which when they first came out 15 years ago you'd pay £100K for a 5000 lumen projector which was the size of a small car, now you can now pick one up for a couple of hundred that'll fit in your laptop bag. DJI had to do this to maintain market share before someone else did...expect it to get cheaper and cheaper and better and better.

PMaughan

How are people getting on with the AS150?

Currently using Anderson Powerpoles and don't want to change but if I need to run with a single lipo on the S900 think I'll need to. I'm no electrics genius but am I right in thinking if the max consumption is 3Kw running on 22.2v current would be up to 135a?

Cheers

Pete

Bowley

Its a 'no brainer' Matt! only downside is its a flat hex, coax config is kinda handy in our neck of the woods.

Jumpy07

Couldnt find the DJI motors on Ecalc.. so this is done on HP 4114 400kv.. 7kg and 2 x 5000ma 6s 30c lipos

attachment.php

Attachments

• de3393a8dbefe3490904dc64ccb11299.jpg
    de3393a8dbefe3490904dc64ccb11299.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 292

Tahoe Ed

One of the screws on my GPS mast wasn't long enough and didn't engage with the thread, used a longer one from my 'box of many things' and all good now.

The screws that attached the GPS bar are just for shipping. The box contains longer screws for attaching the foldable GPS mount.

tikigod19

Great thank you. What is the softwares definition of flight time compared to hover time? Does flight time mean aggressive flight? Should I be looking at the mixed value for a flight time prediction when flying for filming?

Jumpy07

I find ecalc tends to be worst case scenario.. doing AP work you unlikely to be chucking it about.. so would go with somewhere between mixed flight and hover..

if anyone is considering flying the s900 with a canon 5d. today i did a testflight with my s900 + besteady one plus gimbal + canon 5dmk3 + 1lipo with 8000mah. i got 7 minuits of easy flying. i recharched 6000mah. im pretty stoked ...
attachment.php

Attachments

• s900.jpg
    s900.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 326

Jumpy07

Cracking picture Screwdriver...

Thats a great flight time.. wouldnt have though u would have got that long..

tikigod19

Great. That's exactly the test I've been waiting for.. Now I have no excuse to hold off on a £6k purchase! Be brave.. Click buy..

Tahoe Ed

Did you get the longer landing gear with your S900? I would think with the 5D you would need it.

if anyone is considering flying the s900 with a canon 5d. today i did a testflight with my s900 + besteady one plus gimbal + canon 5dmk3 + 1lipo with 8000mah. i got 7 minuits of easy flying. i recharched 6000mah. im pretty stoked ...
attachment.php