The ALL New DJI S900 Hexacopter!

PMaughan

First flight today, most impressed, very smooth and quiet. Default gains other than vertical all seemed good.

9'45" minute flight on an 8000. Stretched it a wee bit too long as I put 6550 back in. So 9min is probably more sensible with maybe 7'- 8' for more adventurous flying, which is what I was hoping for.

AUW 6.9kg ish.

Gimbal was all over the place, creeping on roll and pan but I didn't really pay much attention to setting that up yet so hope I can fix that.

Pete

tikigod19

What gimbal and cam Pete? Great news 7 mins seems easily doable. Everyone will be very pleased with your findings.. Now.. What is stopping me from buying now..I'm not sure..

PMaughan

Cool, same as I plan on getting. What tx and rx you using? Is the set up simple?

Just using Spektrum stuff which I quite like. Easy enough, took forever setting up my skyjib when I first started, with a few mistakes which I learned from, so this was pretty smooth!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
How terribly sarcastic. He said mode switching, not much way a non zen owner would know what he was talking about

And that's why I googled it for you, because that's how a non zen owner would find out about it. It's more polite than saying 'Google it' :nevreness:

And no, there's no way to switch the GH4 on a Zenmuse from video to stills in flight, it does suck!

Quinton

How terribly sarcastic.

TBH I didn't find it sarcastic.
I am pretty new here too, but when I see a lot of the posts people make it is something that could easily be found with a "little" bit of research.
Forums are a great place to learn things you don't know, but a little bit of research goes a long way, and people would not have to ask 80% of the questions that are being asked, especially if there is so much money involved.
Sorry if this sounds harsh, but most of the questions asked can easily be found in these forums using the search box.

tikigod19

Fair point and I do spend a hell of a lot of time researching but I access through tapatalk and find the search pretty useless. youve all been very helpful in my research so I wasn't really being serious.

PMaughan

That's not good news. How much was the roll creeping? As much as previous Zenmuses have or more?

I think the roll crept about 20 degrees so pretty drastic. Maybe just something on my tx. I'll reset and start again with it.

After I'd reset the gimble the footage I shot did show horizon drift on turns then levelled up slowly before the creep set in. May have spoilt myself by getting a movi where fast figure of eights are so level it looks odd....

And no, there's no way to switch the GH4 on a Zenmuse from video to stills in flight, it does suck!

without zenmuse, do you know a rc shutter for the gh4, i mean where you can trigger video and photo?

by the way: today i did some easy flying and hovering with my s900 loaded with besteady one gimbal (1,2kg), panasonic gh4 and the multistar 16000mah lipo. i landed after 14min and 40 sec after drawing 80% 12800mah. before landing the cells were between 3.56 and 3.60. the temperature was handwarm ... not bad! i'm curious how this lipo will behave during faster flying ...

Stratifier

I can't resist to announce it: My S900 is on it's way! (will be here in 3 weeks due to shortage on GH4 Gimbals apparently) All bells and whistles on board, WKM, 3 X 16000mah , 2 operators FPV units, navigation cams, (no lightbridge though). Waiting for the GH4 as well, (this one should come today)... Plenty of time to test the camera then. Training and Flight assesment for the RPQ-s has still to happen... Will keep posting!

sguarch

Nice I wish I could get an update on mine as well. I ordered the s900 with GH4 too. Has anyone in the United States receive theirs yet? It seems like DJI isn't giving any updates on the shipment orders..