The ALL New DJI S900 Hexacopter!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Oh-no, not sparks! :nevreness:

I used Deans for the last year and a half on my S800 so anything seems perfect to me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronan

I got the XT-90 AntiSpark which i was told are better than EC5 (easier to solder, less prone to plug them the wrong way, thicker metal cores, etc).

If people are using deans and EC5 then i should be fine with XT-90's...

Ronan

Does the A2 GPS puck need to sit flat/leveled? The folding mast has a slight bent into it (looks to me like the plastic folding part was not molded properly).

On top of the mast, the GPS is not at a slight angle to the left...

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I believe that the S900 uses both the AX150 for positive and the XT150 for negative terminal. So you have to order pairs of each then set aside one red XT150. I have some stock of both from the original manufacturer direct from China but have not used them yet. I bought them because the batteries I just purchased came with thee matching connectors.

Anyone replaced the XT-150 on the S900? I ordered some XT-90 Sparkproof. Good idea?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... I used Deans for the last year and a half on my S800 ...

Were you born on a Golden Sunday or something? You suddenly popped up just over a year ago and to my knowledge, with the luck of the devil have not reported a single problem with one of the flakiest products ever brought to market!

Envious? Pah! What ... me ... ?

Bloody right I am ! :playful:

Benjamin Kenobi

Thanks MBF!

Admittedly my aircraft has been relatively niggle free. I do treat it with care though. I've had a couple of ESC failures in flight which meant I had to land and put a new arm on, but I know how to spot the signs beforehand now.

Yes, my deans got slightly warm after a long day of flying, but only warm, not enough to start melting plastic or solder. I have changed them all to EC5 now to bring them inline with the S900.

I'm sure lots of people are flying S800's successfully, they just aren't forum users. Hardly any of the operators I speak to go anywhere near a forum. Many lurk and read but don't post.

Honestly, it's the Zenmuse that has made me my fortune. The aircraft doesn't matter, it's the gimbal. You can have a couple of broomsticks with motors on as an aircraft but as long as the footage is awesomely stable you'll do well. :nevreness:

Last edited by a moderator:

sonos

Hey there, just set up my new s900 with gh4 gimbal and 16.000 tattu 6s.
i used following settings. has anybody nearly same figures? thanks
imu
X -9
y 0
z 9

gps
y0
z - 32

thanks

Benjamin Kenobi

They seem okay, but your imu is 9cm above the CoG. Seems a little high to me. Of course I know very little about CoG! :nevreness:

I have mine at 1cm above CoG, which is very low. My aircraft flies great though.

I think you'll be fine with those settings.

Tahoe Ed

Hey there, just set up my new s900 with gh4 gimbal and 16.000 tattu 6s.
i used following settings. has anybody nearly same figures? thanks
imu
X -9
y 0
z 9

gps
y0
z - 32

thanks

IMU Z and GPS Z are way too much. You are saying that the IMU is 9cm below the COG and the GPS is 32cm above??? I am comfortable using the bottom plate as the Z=0 My puck on the longest mast is -20. I am flying with a BMPCC HD Zen, 15,000mAh lipos and S1000 landing gear legs.

sonos

hey there, yes my cog is about 7,5 centimertes under the botom plate. i used the middle of the a2 imu.
an i used the long mast for gps which is about 20 cm long.
i thought the cog is the trigger point. so i have to take the space between middle of gps to the cog and by imu from middle of imu
to cog.

Jumpy07

Think my Z is -20.. its well below plates... remember gimbal and camera are quite low.. and lipos are also well below bottom plate... (GH4 and Zen)

You could always use a piece of string and hang S900 from something and check where it balances..

Tahoe Ed

I hang my copter by an arm to determine where the center of gravity is in ready to fly condition. Yes the gimbal and camera for the BMPCC HD is lighter than the GH4. Remember you have the arms, escs, motors and electronics above the bottom plate. The lipo mounts right under the plate. If it flies well for you, that is great.

Ronan

I hang my copter by an arm to determine where the center of gravity is in ready to fly condition. Yes the gimbal and camera for the BMPCC HD is lighter than the GH4. Remember you have the arms, escs, motors and electronics above the bottom plate. The lipo mounts right under the plate. If it flies well for you, that is great.

Can you elaborate? I don't see how hanging it from 1 arm can determine CG?...

Tahoe Ed

Can you elaborate? I don't see how hanging it from 1 arm can determine CG?...

I hang it from a clothes hanger from a A/C vent. I then take a picture and draw a line from the motor straight down. Where that line intercepts the X and Y axis is the COG and the center point of the Z axis. There are also several video on you tube as well that explain different methods if you don't like mine.

Ronan

I hang it from a clothes hanger from a A/C vent. I then take a picture and draw a line from the motor straight down. Where that line intercepts the X and Y axis is the COG and the center point of the Z axis. There are also several video on you tube as well that explain different methods if you don't like mine.

Interesting, never thought of doing it this way! I'll give it a try.

Skyshots

S900 Beeping issues and connecting Futaba 14 channel to desktop software

I’m having huge head aches setting this drone up.

I cannot get the futba 14ch to register on the computer and i also am getting a constant beeping from the s900
i have installed all the software i thought i needed and yet i still have issues.

Further more it tells me i need to do an led update but when i try it tells me to do something towards powering down and up again. I disconnect the battery and try again with the same error coming up.

Any advice on this matter?