The ALL New DJI S900 Hexacopter!

Langdale

tikigod19 (Grasshopper) "you have come long way in short time. Master is watching. You go forward, not crash, good luck, you are now free......"

PMaughan

So AUW with GH4 gimbal, 8amp battery and IOSD2 comes to 6.8kg. That's on my bathroom scales so can't say for sure just how accurate they are but adding it up on kitchen scales it came to 6905g so I'm pretty happy that it's under 7kg. Thinking the Tattu 9amp battery may be a good option. No idea on flight times yet.

Pete

Dave_EP

So AUW with GH4 gimbal, 8amp battery and IOSD2 comes to 6.8kg. That's on my bathroom scales so can't say for sure just how accurate they are but adding it up on kitchen scales it came to 6905g so I'm pretty happy that it's under 7kg. Thinking the Tattu 9amp battery may be a good option. No idea on flight times yet.

Pete

Thanks. Pls keep us up to date with flight times too. I'm holding off because I'm hoping we're going to get the longer legs soon, but I don't see a reason to get the S1000 now.

tikigod19

Thanks for the info pete. You included downlink flight controller cabling etc? Would love to hear you flight time when you get up in the sky

tikigod19

Thanks. Pls keep us up to date with flight times too. I'm holding off because I'm hoping we're going to get the longer legs soon, but I don't see a reason to get the S1000 now.
Dave some are already shipping with the longer legs. Think it's done on a dealer by dealer basis. Somebody bought from a shop. In Scotland last week and it came with longer legs

Jumpy07

Pete

Thanks Pete that is great news.. I was getting worried that I would not get near 7kg..

fdproductions

FD Productions
I wonder how much flighttime you can get out of just one 5,000mAh pulse lipo, I am totally fine with going up and down several times if my copter is going to fly significantly better. I've clearly noticed my rigs fly signficiantly better and with much less strain on the motors when I fly light.

Don't really want all that mAh just in case the copter decides to fly back to china, i'd rather have her just stop in the states somewhere lol!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

PMaughan

i wonder how much flighttime you can get out of just one 5,000mAh pulse lipo, I am totally fine with going up and down several times if my copter is going to fly significantly better, what i've clearly noticed... on my s1000 i used to fly those huge 22,000 packs then went down to one 16,000 and now i only fly it with on 10,000 mAh pack because the s1000 flies like a dream with that lipo.

know what you mean, my Skyjib feels much nicer with a couple of 8000 rather than 10000s. You wouldn't think it'd make so much difference.

fdproductions

FD Productions
know what you mean, my Skyjib feels much nicer with a couple of 8000 rather than 10000s. You wouldn't think it'd make so much difference.

seriously, almost wants me strip all components of plastic housing but im worried about the potential interference of electrical components. has anyone ever broke open an A2 IMU I wonder if there's any difference between it and WKM IMU v2

econfly

I've noted the same thing with my S1000. Even a little extra weight really changes how it feels. In general I think things work out best when the rig hovers at half-throttle right after takeoff (when the packs are at max voltage). If I can take off, switch into manual mode, and hold altitude right around mid-stick, then I'm happy. If it takes much more than that to keep it in the air then it seems like the flight is more sluggish and especially so when the batteries are low and it's time to land.

fdproductions

FD Productions
precisely, not only that econfly but putting the rig in manual mode while the copter is stable and just hovering is the best way also to check your cg
I've noted the same thing with my S1000. Even a little extra weight really changes how it feels. In general I think things work out best when the rig hovers at half-throttle right after takeoff (when the packs are at max voltage). If I can take off, switch into manual mode, and hold altitude right around mid-stick, then I'm happy. If it takes much more than that to keep it in the air then it seems like the flight is more sluggish and especially so when the batteries are low and it's time to land.

PMaughan

Thanks! Which one do you use? Can any of you guys recommend any particular lightweight 8000-9000mah lipo with xt60 connectors?

It's just a Nano Tech. Not the best to be honest, will pick up some Gens ace, the 9000 looks much the same weight as the 8000 on paper.

Pete