The ALL New DJI S900 Hexacopter!

The new DJI S900 Hexacopter!!!

http://www.BuiltDrones.com/dji-spreading-wings-s900-hexacopter/

DJI_Spreading_Wings_S900_Hexacopter_2__14397.1406888045.1000.1200.jpg

DJI_Spreading_Wings_S900_Hexacopter_1__91151.1406887569.1000.1200.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Looks lovely doesn't it. I like the removable top plate for placing your electronics easily.

The DJI S800 EVO is now discontinued for those who haven't heard.

Tahoe Ed

I will have one next week and I will start a build log. S900, A2, Lightbridge, BMPCC HD Gimbal. I have some 15,000mAh lipos coming.

ZAxis

For UK builders, the all up weight will be of particular interest. If it can be kept below 7kg, it will be a winner.

andy

Benjamin Kenobi

Yeah, it looks like it's going to be tight on the weight front. I think it might be a single lipo setup to keep it down.

It weighs 3.3kg whereas my original S800 is 2.6kg. The EVO is 3.7kg so there is a small weight saving in comparison.

ovdt

Does the base price (900$) include motors & ESCs?

I'm wondering why DJI doesn't offer S1000 without controllers like S900. There is market for those who don't use WKM or A2 as a flight controller and still want to use this portable frame.

Benjamin Kenobi

Yes, it includes motors and ESCs as they are integrated into the frame. Why wouldn't you use a WKM? They're great! I'm sure they'll offer it as a frame only also. Remember, they are not on sale yet so you'll only see the package deals on offer at this stage.

Tahoe Ed

Does the base price (900$) include motors & ESCs?

I'm wondering why DJI doesn't offer S1000 without controllers like S900. There is market for those who don't use WKM or A2 as a flight controller and still want to use this portable frame.

You can buy an S1000 with out a flight controller. The bundling is a dealer option.

PMaughan

Yeah, it looks like it's going to be tight on the weight front. I think it might be a single lipo setup to keep it down.

It weighs 3.3kg whereas my original S800 is 2.6kg. The EVO is 3.7kg so there is a small weight saving in comparison.

Does look very tight to keep below 7kg, just totted it up using 2x4ah, gh4 and Zen and it came to 6.95kg. Am I right in thinking you can use the same machine in sub 7 config when you need it but go over 7 when it's not a problem? Although I dare say that will still mean airworthiness check will be required.

SamaraMedia

WOW... $1400 for rig, retracts, motors and ESC's... WOW.

Only $400 more gets you a WKM? That seems like a steal! Sleepy, I know you're an Super X man, so you probably would buy frame only. Not sure I like the esc's built into the arms as an integrated package, does that mean if you have an esc failure do you need to replace to whole arm?

Seems like a great "little" package but I would like to see some more details first.

Benjamin Kenobi

What's a steal is a new GH4 Zenmuse for £2,000 or a DJI S900 with WKM and Zenmuse GH4 for £2,500. I will be making the most of this offer!

soler

Nothing on the DJI website. Has anyone confirmed these prices? Either DJI have changed their pricing policy or this is indeed too cheap when compared to their other line up.

Dave_EP

If that's true then that's fantastic value. I maybe tempted as this will get my GH4 in the air.

Ditto. That's pretty good pricing compared to the S1000 I've been looking at. Hmmm.... food for thought. The only one I found was a GH3 gimbal but I guess I just need to look further.