The ALL New DJI S900 Hexacopter!

Dave_EP

It seems to me to become easier to fly within 150m of congested area for a >7kg UAV . (Paragraphs 4.1 to 4.3) Once the safety case assessment is accepted by the CAA, should I understand that it will remain active and be a part of the 12 months permission?. Please somebody clarify , thanks.

This means that without an approved safety case (12 month duration) you won't be able to fly > 7Kg AT ALL in a congested area. There will be no more on-off site-by-site approvals. This makes no change to the current < 7Kg situation.

dcgarrick44

I just ordered my new S900 and I am very excited. I have selected all the parts I would like but I am not sure which radio to purchase for this beast. I was suggested I use the Futaba 10CHG by a dealer but I am very interested in hearing what everyone else is using. Thanks in advance for responding with suggestions.

I just ordered my new S900 and I am very excited. I have selected all the parts I would like but I am not sure which radio to purchase for this beast. I was suggested I use the Futaba 10CHG by a dealer but I am very interested in hearing what everyone else is using. Thanks in advance for responding with suggestions.

Will you be getting a second remote for the camera pop or are you setting this up as a single operator? That radio is pretty solid or the 14sg is a great option nd widely used choice. Running the s900 with A2 I'm assuming? If so setup is a breeze with both radios and the A2 system.

Happy flying!!

dcgarrick44

Great question. I think to start I will use one then add the second. Yes, I am going to use the A2 (delivery is Tuesday!). I am worried about having too much to pay attention to using one remote. I do know two is a much better option especially for scene quality. I did look at the 14SG and was leaning that way. Question however, do both radios have to be identical?

Thanks!!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I flew mine today, fantastic! Flew like a dream and stable as anything. Very quiet compared to my old S800, a smooth hum from all the motors.

Benjamin Kenobi

Zenmuse GH4. I don't care about the short legs, using a couple of blocks is fine by me...it's only for the calibration bit so no biggy.

Benjamin Kenobi

I fly from every surface known to man. A couple of flight cases or blocks will work in any circumstance. I guess I could get the S1000 legs if need be. My old S800 legs look like they'll fit also...

Bowley

Too good a deal to refuse... hope to see some stiff competition in the coming months or DJI are going to totally corner the Hobby and Pro market with this, just cant understand how they can offer this combo at little more than a single Zenmuse. A great deal yeah but its taken something away I feel. I'm torn but I'm not going for it myself. Maybe I would think differently If I had not just shelled out on a Legacy 3X and Carvec G-Lock

Jumpy07

Picked up an S900 / WKM / GH4 combo today (wont get gimbal until next week). .. It came with the extra long legs..

attachment.php

Difference in long and short legs.. carbon twill looks different.. and they feel like a lighter tube...I weighed them and there is 3gram difference in weight per leg.. so long legs 6g heavier..
attachment.php

Part no of longer legs if anyone need them..
attachment.php

Started the build..

Attachments

• DSC00170_1920.jpg
    DSC00170_1920.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC00168_1920.jpg
    DSC00168_1920.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC00166_1920.jpg
    DSC00166_1920.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 264

tikigod19

Thanks for the info jumpy, are you in UK? If so where did you buy from to get the longer legs? I'm considering the wookong bundle too

Jumpy07

Jumpy07

This is the S900 with the longer legs, (not I had red arms to rear.. but have now moved them to front before anyone points that out lol)

I really like the design, its a lot smaller than my CarbonCore H950 Hex.. and looks quite squat.... loads of room..

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00178.jpg
    DSC00178.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC00176.jpg
    DSC00176.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC00174.jpg
    DSC00174.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC00179.jpg
    DSC00179.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 255

ZAxis

I fly from every surface known to man. A couple of flight cases or blocks will work in any circumstance. I guess I could get the S1000 legs if need be. My old S800 legs look like they'll fit also...
Ben...
I have spare set of S1000 legs that I've fitted to our S900. Everything fits, no problem.
However, I'm not too impressed with the quality of some parts. GPS mast pivot block tie bar stripped it's thread without even getting tight. Leg to landing skid clamp not machined correctly inside. Prevented leg slot engaging. Several parts with bad surface cosmetic damage.

andy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 193

Tahoe Ed

Ben...
I have spare set of S1000 legs that I've fitted to our S900. Everything fits, no problem.
However, I'm not too impressed with the quality of some parts. GPS mast pivot block tie bar stripped it's thread without even getting tight. Leg to landing skid clamp not machined correctly inside. Prevented leg slot engaging. Several parts with bad surface cosmetic damage.

andy

Andy,

Can you post some pictures that I can send to DJI? Thanks.