Show us your FPV Multicopter

Tahoe Ed

View attachment 3440View attachment 3441

I just finished moving my Naza to my F450 and my WKM to my F550. I set my F450 up for FPV. Here are some photos. I am using my GoPro for video and an Immersion 600mw 5.8 vTx. I have the Eagle Trees eLogger v3 and OSD Pro connected as well. Standard F450 with a P-Glass plate fastened to the front tab. Two washers on the front mounting screws to provide a downward bias. I am one vTx Rx short to be able to use my Eagle Trees Tracker. I have a 5.8mHz patch antenna along with iBCrazy's BlueBeam antennas. Unfortunately, we have a storm front moving in and the winds are 20-30mph with gusts. Not good FPV weather, especially since I am still a noob at this.

I am using Visix 920 goggles. I just took them off the included sunglasses and I am going to mount them on a pair of ski goggles. They just pop off their mount. I am thinking that I might remove the mount and screw it to the ski goggles. I think that they can be mounted inside the goggles vs outside that has previously been demonstrated. I will let everyone know when I get working.

Attachments

• IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 863

kevinv033

RCNut, cool ground station.

Tahoe Ed, nice use of the space you have there. I really dig the look of the flamewheels too.

kloner

Aerial DP
just rebuilt my fpv quad....... it's got the latest dragonlink LRS system, ET OSD PRO fully loaded. Think the only thing missing is the pitot tube for airspeed. Homemade 433 dipole, shes ready for some long range. Everything twisted

022%20%281024x792%29_795.jpg

018%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

012%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

this time made a custom mount that gives me 5 degrees up angle with my go pro, little more horizon in view when it leans forward. Added the artificial horizon to the osd as well. Figured since it'll be going lr, may as well ditch the lights, draw less attention running around too. Taking it out this weekend for a shakedown

Also got my ground station where it needs to be size, robustness wise for traveling safely. softbags didn't work, went to fly and the servo for the tilt was relocated..... lame.

i.php

i.php

i.php

The goggles are stand alone SPM only...... then can wire up to the tracker but i like the 22" widescreen better

002%20%281024x907%29_795.jpg

After getting the LRS system and realizing a few things, mainly not liking the loss of model match but the abaility to put the lrs antenna up high or even outside while i pilot from inside and not have to worry about loss of signal, ordered this repeater deal..... makes it alot easier to get dragon link to fly a group of models with the 11x

http://fpvlongrange.com/fpv-repeater-system/

with the plank getting near finished, it'll be nice to be able to kick back in the trailer and watch it on the bigscreen with the ac going that hunched over a back seat of my truck

kloner

Aerial DP
i love em. you know how you drag a nail on a motor and it's smooth or not, well these are as smooth as i can imagine a brushless being, but it took 5 to get 4 clean ones. the motors were putting out 700 watts last trip out full tilt forward with a naza and the motors had a temp gauge, it was 104 degrees out, and it ran 116 degrees.

even after crashing in the field and repairing still takes decent enough vids to watch. i'm so confident in the motors i stole the temp sensor to watch the vtx temps, since i think that and my battery are the worse off doing this, and it's only gonna get hotter

in case you missed it, last trip, with said conditions.

when you wrap the throttle in manual mode, the noise and power they make is frightening

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

View attachment 4154View attachment 4155View attachment 4156
Here's a couple of my small ones. They are made from carbon fiber plus nano tube fibers mixed in the gel coat. A lot of work to save 50 grams over a F450 frame but it does have a few other advantages. The motors are TM4008's, props are 10.5 x 3.5 specials. 600watt immersion plus yellow jacket or 1.3 lawmate. I use monitor on a shoulder strap. Never got on with goggles.
The larger one has a cantilever mount which is unique I think in the model world. It is supported on a wire damper system. CC or a special APM-2 normally used for camera stab. GoPro version has Naza and the larger one has WKM. which can also switch between small fpv camera and the main Panassonic camera in flight.

Attachments

• F1 Ultralight-1.jpg
    F1 Ultralight-1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 609
  • cant-2.jpg
    cant-2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 590
  • cant-1.jpg
    cant-1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 577

Breezemont

View attachment 5714View attachment 5715View attachment 5716
Here's a couple of my small ones. They are made from carbon fiber plus nano tube fibers mixed in the gel coat. A lot of work to save 50 grams over a F450 frame but it does have a few other advantages. The motors are TM4008's, props are 10.5 x 3.5 specials. 600watt immersion plus yellow jacket or 1.3 lawmate. I use monitor on a shoulder strap. Never got on with goggles.
The larger one has a cantilever mount which is unique I think in the model world. It is supported on a wire damper system. CC or a special AMP-2 normally used for camera stab. GoPro version has Naza and the larger one has WKM. which can also switch between small fpv camera and the main Panassonic camera in flight.
Denny those are cool!

Meez

born to fly
Here is my X525 with FPV setup. I use 900mHz vtx. To avoid vibrations, i use tygon tube (fuel line for petrol engine - yellow colour) to hold batteries and camera. Works great for me.................

View attachment 4278

Attachments

• DSC_0542.JPG
    DSC_0542.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 444

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
The latest addition to the FPV fleet, DJI F330 with GPS, Immersion 600 mw VTX with Sony SN777 camera and 3S 5000 battery. Easy 10 minutes in the air with plenty of power left, if I want to push the pack to 80% discharge flight time is close to 15 minutes. Not a lot of real estate on the F330 frame so everything is packed in tight and I had to put the VTX underneath a small piece of copperclad G10 to shield the GPS enough to get a full satellite lock, not enough space to get the needed separation any other way.

DSC00068a.jpg

DSC00065a.jpg

DSC00067a.jpg

Ken

Stupest

I must say that all you guys a very inventive in regards to your installations.

Malcr001

+1 stupest. Its great to see everyone tackle problems all in their own unique way.

My quad is getting close to finishing now, just need to 3D print my last parts then hopefully I can show you mine.

Is this thread a sticky yet?

shyfx003

Almost ready for fpv gear!!

View attachment 4993View attachment 4994Hi guys,heres my quad which isn't quite finished yet..It started out as 650mm nextlevel quad with bigger engine mounts taking it to 675mm..I wasn't happy with the weight of the bigger arms and all the landing gear so i went back to the shorter arms with the bigger engine mounts and the landing gear from my old 500trex..The pic on the grass was when it was first built as a 675mm quad..
I have the gps for my naza on the way and some much needed bigger props..I just need to make my mind up as to what fpv gear i should be getting.?

Kloner,are you flying with just your monitor as i have 22" flatpanel sat in a box doing nothing..As i have to wear glasses i am thinking this might be my best option..

Attachments

• IMG00119-20120526-1955.jpg
    IMG00119-20120526-1955.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 452
  • SN851867.jpg
    SN851867.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 485

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
The little F330 is proving to be an outstanding FPV quad. I spent a good 5 hours out flying it yesterday morning and I'm starting to get confident enough to do things I wouldn't have dreamed of with any of the other FPV multis I've had. By the end of the day I was flying it into the edge of the woods surrounding the field and picking a path around and through the trees then back out into the open. The biggest limitation here is 5.8 gHz video system but due to size limitations of the 330 there isn't much I can do about that, I started to get signal breakup if I went a bit too deep into the trees so I stayed out near the edge. Only thing I have to be super aware of is the 30cm mast with cloverleaf antenna at the top, snagging it in an overhead branch would likely result in a broken mast and the coax plus antenna tangled in a prop post crash.

On Saturday I received my EZUHF and 1.3 gHz video gear, no way any of that is going to fit on a 330 with the stock frame setup. Maybe with some custom centerplates it might be possible but I seriously doubt it would be possible to get the necessary separation between components for everything to work without interference. I guess I'll just have to wait until my TBS Discovery ships next week then rebuild the F450 onto that platform with the long range gear and find some woods with a little larger spacing between the trees ;)

I'm also taking a close look at the QAV500, might have to build one of those as well to see how it compares...
http://www.fpvmanuals.com/2012/05/01/qav500/
Ken

kloner

Aerial DP
I have the 330 frame ready to cut, want the file to give a try? I can't afford it right now. It is pretty much the size of discovery with 330 arms