WooKong-M CX4 Crash

wildnrg

This was the second flight of the WKM CX4, and about 2 mins into a nice smooth flight, it banks right in the middle of the turn and yaws left, I did my best to bring her down gentle, but ended up breaking a landing gear.

Anyone have any ideas what went wrong? The sound of the motors as it banked might indicate a problem with the ESC or motor?

Last edited by a moderator:

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
First of all, hallo there, and welcome.

Your engines sound very strange. what is you setup ?

wildnrg

First of all, hallo there, and welcome.

Your engines sound very strange. what is you setup ?

AXI2217 droidworx edition with GWS 10x6 tri blade props
Hobbywing 18A ESC.

I agree that as the copter banks and yaws the motors sound weird. The sound of the motors prior to that seem normal.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi wildnrg,

what flight mode were you in when this happend ? Looks like attitude ?

Boris

DennyR

I think it is an ESC programming problem, what timing are you using? sounded like a motor stopped phasing. Check your motors again on the ground. Keep opening and closing the throttle fast and see if one stops, It will let out a squeal when this happens. You probably need high or medium timing.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildnrg

@DennyR. Sounds like it might be the issue. I am using low timing, I will reprogram with high timing when I get the replacement landing gear (that broke on crash). Just in case, I will replace the ESC, as I have 4 spares anyway, better safe than crash again.

wildnrg

@Boris, yes it was attitude mode, does it matter, on a left turn the copter shouldn't bank right and yaw left mid way through. Even in attitude hold one might expect it to level, from a left bank but not go into a right bank.

The video is posted, you see what I saw.