Photohigher skyline rsgs

vip

I have to admit, it is nice to hear from ( Branden) Photohigher and a little over a week later have another version..
I do believe it is in the best interest of product development to have the beta versions available to anyone for more feedback.
Obviously just the beta testers they had for 1.6 was not enough to become aware of all the bugs..
I am willing as I really do what to see this work..

Last edited by a moderator:

vip

Mike don't get me wrong but you are always here praising new version of beta fw for skyline and when PH put it online for everyone it turns out to be a failure...
It doesn't make sense :dejection:

Being he is the only one that seems to have access to the beta is sooo limited..
they need more feedback THAN ONE user. My company writes software also.. we have 20 to 30 testers...

Macsgrafs

Being he is the only one that seems to have access to the beta is sooo limited..
they need more feedback THAN ONE user. My company writes software also.. we have 20 to 30 testers...

I believe Mike who is really Nic is one of about 8 testers.

Ross

vip

I believe Mike who is really Nic is one of about 8 testers.

Ross

Ok... that worked well with 1.6 didn't it?:highly_amused:

I still think they should put out any "beta" version like DJI does for anyone that wants to test to feel free to do so.
It took DJI a while but they had so much input they actually were able to get it pretty right with 5.16

Macsgrafs

Ok... that worked well with 1.6 didn't it?:highly_amused:

I still think they should put out any "beta" version like DJI does for anyone that wants to test to feel free to do so.
It took DJI a while but they had so much input they actually were able to get it pretty right with 5.16

I agree, if you want to take the chance..then you should be able to beta test for PH. Have you tried asking them?

Why not ask PH to put up every new beta version with a warning attached of course that if you naff up your RSGS then its your own fault, that sounds good to me ;)

Ross

fabietto_91

I agree, if you want to take the chance..then you should be able to beta test for PH. Have you tried asking them?

Why not ask PH to put up every new beta version with a warning attached of course that if you naff up your RSGS then its your own fault, that sounds good to me ;)

Ross

+1

I agree!!
They can put on their website the beta version for a week or two, (and also the current working version) ad see what happen....
if new firmware won't work, they will know in few days...

nicwilke

Well, I'm not 'always' here telling you all how good this software and firmware is, I'm trying to make it work for you all, and trying with all my experience to see if it's working well enough. I guess it's like Ross said to me being a guinea pig.
I report my findings back to Brendan, and I guess he compares with other issues the other testers make.
I have got reasonable results with every version of firmware since they rid the nasty 'jitters', it just takes time ad concentration.

So, rather than ***** about this, PM me and throw your balls on the line and help me test it, I'll send you the beta to your email.
Cheers.

vip

Well, I'm not 'always' here telling you all how good this software and firmware is, I'm trying to make it work for you all, and trying with all my experience to see if it's working well enough. I guess it's like Ross said to me being a guinea pig.
I report my findings back to Brendan, and I guess he compares with other issues the other testers make.
I have got reasonable results with every version of firmware since they rid the nasty 'jitters', it just takes time ad concentration.

So, rather than ***** about this, PM me and throw your balls on the line and help me test it, I'll send you the beta to your email.

Cheers.

pm sent, thanks, not using them for much anyway these days..

Here's the beta version for anyone willing to test it : http://photohigher.co.nz/assets/Uploads/SkylineSoftware1.7beta1.zip please provide as much feedback as you can. It increasing the acceleration gain (Still less than 1.2.2 but less than 1.6) so should fix that drift problem. There's a spreadsheet included in the zip file for feedback. Please send it back to me at brendon@photohigher.co.nz.

For those with the blue screen of death issue. Check device manager, under ports open Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge and check the driver version. If it's not the current version 6.6.1 then upgrade it (http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx). According to there release notes they have fixed a BSOD bug that was present in 6.5.

If it is crashing and you have the latest drivers then please sent me a screenshot (digital camera one will do). Open Event Manager in Control Panel and also send any events that happened the time of the crash. I'll forward this info to SiLabs and see if I can find out what I'm doing to cause the driver to crash.

GeorgeM

Brendon... I've used the same chip in Picloc for some years.
The BSOD can be caused by RSGS sending a bunch of data, and the PC Serial port is not open to receive it.

my 2.5c

:)
gm>>