Photohigher skyline rsgs

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yes I am using it for two axis and when it works as long as you fly the machine nicley and dont try and wang it all over the sky then the unit works ok... BUT it is not 100% consistent and at time it takes three or four rebioots to get it sorted..

I still fly it for now until I get the G-Lock up and running.

Dave

ares87

Yes I am using it for two axis and when it works as long as you fly the machine nicley and dont try and wang it all over the sky then the unit works ok... BUT it is not 100% consistent and at time it takes three or four rebioots to get it sorted..

I still fly it for now until I get the G-Lock up and running.

Dave

what are your settings in gains tab?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Worried about two "AXES" though, hope it doesn't get the chop, maybe that's how they spell axis in NZ?

Gbillerty

Man, I will stay away from Photohigher products. I will not forgive them about the RSGS.

I have now made my own Brushless Gimbal for the Sony NEX7 and it works like a charm... We are looking for a 5D and I will also build the Gimbal...

ZAxis

Just to say that this 'upgrade??' does not use the Skyline RSGS so must be the final chapter in it's sad sad story.

andy

ROLL DATUM OFFSET

From what I have read, this may work on other systems, it did on mine.

I have been trying to get RSGS 130 to operate without any roll offset or tilt jitter for a long time. It is true the software really sucks, it crashes, looses comms, the comms when working are tempermental at best. However, I have managed to get the offset reduced to near zero on the roll and tilt judder to a minimum. It is all about being patient with the tuning and gains settings and getting the load central on the bed plate.

When making alterations to the gains, they sometimes jump to max and the software crashes, if this happens you need to unplug the associated servo plug from the controller, restart the controller, re-connect your pc via the software and change the maxed out setting, but to do this, do so in the numerical field only, do not try the slider bar, the system will crash again. when the setting is back in the real world save and exit.

I have found that to set the roll offset the only way to do this is by changing the setting in the number field and it is done by trial and error, small trims at a time. Do not try the "Set Level" buttons, they do not work.
1st. With the servos off, set the tray level manually, this may not help but gave me peace of mind.
2nd. Connect the PH controller to the power. Wait for it to completely start.
3rd. Connect PC, start the programme and select "connect" from the pull up menu, you may have to do this several times before it does so. In the "Tuning" tab note the "Roll Centre Tune" figure and write it down.
4th. Turn servos off from the pull up menu.
5th. Increase / decrease by 2 to 4 units at a time in the numerical window only and press enter.
6th. Turn servos on from the pull up menu.
7th. Repeat this procedure until the correct setting is obtained.

Sometimes the number you enter results in the system rejecting it and entering its own max offset, sometimes it will result in a crash, others it does not, however you need to take control of the system again and enter a different number, some times it can be just one digit above or below the number used previously.

For information I found the following gains okay for use with a SLR, Canon EOS 550D
Tilt Pos Roll Pos Tilt Vel Roll Vel
95 138 25 100

I know these setting may not work for everyone but they work well for me. Good luck with what appears to be very good hardware let down badly with very poor software.

A

Last edited by a moderator: