Photohigher skyline rsgs

Macsgrafs

What a crazy Rollercoaster this is!

Dave

100% agree, as does everyone who has posted on this thread with problems....one day she is fine...the next (where's my knife I'm going to slit my wrists), well lets just say all over the shop & even worse...for NO apparent reason!!!!!!

Ross

They have alot of problems, they really do, but I still like the skyline when it works :p My only problem is that I havn't had it working myself since the manual for installing skyline is really bad...

Does anybody have a better schematic over hooking up the new version of the cable harness?
The way I have hooked it up now the roll is wrong, it rolls and maxes out to one side, and if i plug the servo in to a reciver it just starts spinning...

Anybody wants to buy a skyline?? :p

-Kjetil

iceman

They have alot of problems, they really do, but I still like the skyline when it works :p My only problem is that I havn't had it working myself since the manual for installing skyline is really bad...

Does anybody have a better schematic over hooking up the new version of the cable harness?
The way I have hooked it up now the roll is wrong, it rolls and maxes out to one side, and if i plug the servo in to a reciver it just starts spinning...

Anybody wants to buy a skyline?? :p

-Kjetil

At first I had problems with the set up but if you follow the guide in this video as I did it works, just make sure you start with roll servo disengaged from the roll and the tilt belt removed from tilt gear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

I have a GREAT idea.... ask photohigher.. !!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sure they will be happy to let us know...

I'm sure you are correct vip, but maybe peoples trust has started to deminish just a tad ;)

Next question...who has installed this & if so, any improvements?

I think maybe most are waiting for someone else to suffer the pain & torment first ;)

PS is there any difference in v1.2 - v2 as regards to the actual RSGS unit...anyone know?
Ross

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi All,

Sorry for all the trouble. I am working to get this sorted out.

The only difference between the two latest versions is a bug fix where the skyline sometimes stops responding after setting levels.

I have narrowed down what is happening with the drift problem. The new firmware is less dependent on the acceleration so I lowered the contribution from it but it was also helping cancel drift from the gyro and that drift seems to change over time creating problems. I'll release a new firmware version putting closer to where it was before so there will still have some roll when accelerating side to side like in 1.2.2 however it should get rid of the problems people have with 1.6.

The version numbering has been a bit screwed up due to misnumbering. Anything that says 2.2 is supposed to be 1.2.2 and don't ask why I numbered the lastest version 1.6.0.1 and not 1.6.1.

We will be hiring someone to rewrite the manuals and provide better support for the skyline.

We have someone working on a proper testing framework for our code which will improve the quality of our firmware releases.

And I'll put together a spreadsheet of tests beta testers can run so I can better quantify the results before releasing new firmware.

Macsgrafs

Hi All,

The only difference between the two latest versions is a bug fix where the skyline sometimes stops responding after setting levels.

I have narrowed down what is happening with the drift problem. The new firmware is less dependent on the acceleration so I lowered the contribution from it but it was also helping cancel drift from the gyro and that drift seems to change over time creating problems. I'll release a new firmware version putting closer to where it was before so there will still have some roll when accelerating side to side like in 1.2.2 however it should get rid of the problems people have with 1.6.

The version numbering has been a bit screwed up due to misnumbering. Anything that says 2.2 is supposed to be 1.2.2 and don't ask why I numbered the lastest version 1.6.0.1 and not 1.6.1.

We will be hiring someone to rewrite the manuals and provide better support for the skyline.

We have someone working on a proper testing framework for our code which will improve the quality of our firmware releases.

And I'll put together a spreadsheet of tests beta testers can run so I can better quantify the results before releasing new firmware.

That's more like it, let's all hope you get the cure once & for all!!!!

Since you are here, what is the difference in hardware between RSGS 1.2 & V2?

Efliernz

Pete
Progress... awesome.

I am going to down-power my gimbal and get some flight time in to keep the fingers working and wait for PH before I waste any more time on trying to make this work. I suspect we are quite a while away though.
I am lucky that I do not have pending work - unlike some of you guys...

Pete

B. Thanks for chiming in and acknowledging the problem.
Is anyone else having their computer crash when hooked up to the skyline software?
My computer never crashed but has crashed about 3 times only when plugged into the gimbal.

vip

Hi All,

wow that is soooo cool, thanks Brendon for the update as just hearing this makes the problems easier to deal with.

Is anyone else having their computer crash when hooked up to the skyline software?
My computer never crashed but has crashed about 3 times only when plugged into the gimbal.

Do you know at what point the crash happened each time? Did your computer give you any information you can forward on to me? Can you do a screen capture if it happens again?

Cheers,
Brendon

Efliernz

Pete
I am using a 1.6G netbook. I get the BSOD - complete lockup every time I hit the "monitor" tab. It corrupts the program and I have to manually delete it and re-install after every crash / use.

Differcult to take a screan shot with a dead pc!

Pete

Macsgrafs

I am using a 1.6G netbook. I get the BSOD - complete lockup every time I hit the "monitor" tab. It corrupts the program and I have to manually delete it and re-install after every crash / use.

Differcult to take a screan shot with a dead pc!

Pete

Pete get your video cam out ;)

Many thanks for the photos, they will look good on my desktop ;)
Ross

tombrown1

No problems at all with crashing software.