Photohigher skyline rsgs

Macsgrafs

ross, just my 2 cents, there is something else going on with your constant rolling problems.
I have used 1.2 .. 1,6 ( not happy with that one) I just installed 1.7 beta and none of them "keep rolling"
both of my roll & tilt servos readings are int he 3000's... and it is quite stable and level on the bench.
Only real test I did last night was to yaw the copter on the bench and watch for roll which I did not see any.
are you centering your servos correctly? I would imagine so , but I ask because I have never seen a number out of the 3000 range.

Tell you what, I'll do a video & then you can all see my results. I have removed the drive belt on tilt & the drive wheel on roll, so you can see & hear what's going on & maybe tell me where I'm going wrong ;)

Ross

Macsgrafs

I will second vip here. The only real problem I've ever had from rsgs is that it won't hold level - especially on a pan. Now that's a pretty big problem.

But I have never had a software crash or constant roll or several other problems people are describing.

TB

Tom may I ask what version of hardware you are using (RSGS)?

Ross

Macsgrafs

Ross

I found V1.7beta the best yet last night. I will try to video my pc this morning for you.

Pete

Pete I have shot a video & need to edit & upload it so EVERYONE can tell me where I'm going wrong? Did you rotate your copter to see if the horizon holds level??
What version of hardware are you running Pete?

Ross

Efliernz

Pete
Pete I have shot a video & need to edit & upload it so EVERYONE can tell me where I'm going wrong? Did you rotate your copter to see if the horizon holds level??
What version of hardware are you running Pete?

Ross

V1.2. I have recorded the calibration process and I'm editing now... but I have to go to work soon. Mine stayed level and works. I got the BSOD on film :)

Pete

nicwilke

Flight test on 1.7 show good results. I'll get some footage up for sampling.

Ross, while you have the roll gear and tilt belt off, I encourage you to do the FW update. I believe that your problem will be fixed with 1.7beta. If you have roll or tilt drifting, counter act it in software.

When i mean anomalies, I made not talking about the firmware, that appears great, the software has a small glitch for me, and Brendan is onto it.

Cmon, you will not regret it.

Macsgrafs

Good question. I have no idea. How can I tell?

Where all the leads plug into your RSGS, just above the socket on the RSGS you will see a version number?

Flight test on 1.7 show good results. I'll get some footage up for sampling.

Ross, while you have the roll gear and tilt belt off, I encourage you to do the FW update. I believe that your problem will be fixed with 1.7beta. If you have roll or tilt drifting, counter act it in software.

When i mean anomalies, I made not talking about the firmware, that appears great, the software has a small glitch for me, and Brendan is onto it.

Cmon, you will not regret it.

I have done that Nic.....wait until you see my video which is editing now (via windoze movie maker) & I will upload it on YT in about 15 mins or so, then post the link here.

Ross

tombrown1

Where all the leads plug into your RSGS, just above the socket on the RSGS you will see a version number?

I have done that Nic.....wait until you see my video which is editing now (via windoze movie maker) & I will upload it on YT in about 15 mins or so, then post the link here.

Ross

Macsgrafs

OK here's my video, its only 14 mins & speeded up when I adjusted the servo's in the software so you don't have to sit there twiddling your thumbs.

Now can someone tell me where I'm going wrong here...PLEASE!

Regards
Ross

Last edited by a moderator:

vip

OK here's my video, its only 14 mins & speeded up when I adjusted the servo's in the software so you don't have to sit there twiddling your thumbs.

Now can someone tell me where I'm going wrong here...PLEASE!

Regards
Ross

In see something I do different.. I only plug one servo in at a time during set up.
I do just what you did for the tilt..only I am a little more patient, when i get it as close as you were, i then click it one number at a time until it stops.
then I save , then unplug the skyline and level tray/ attach the belt. I now unplug tilt and do the roll servo.. same process, level tray for roll then slide the gears together.
now plug both servos in...

now I open software, plug the skyline in, power the skyline, and connect the com port before it does the start sequence and go into set up mode...blue light
now i do the auto tune process... . mine sits very still...

I think you're crazy monitor numbers has to do with no tension on the skyline and servos.

alexoki

Had a quick look at your video Ross. I noticed that the first thing you did after connecting the skyline to the software was to set the XY level before you centred your servos.From what I understand you need to center the servos first. What has worked for me is that after connecting rsgs and software I go to the tuning tab and then press servos on. Now I tune the tilt and once you get it to stop turning press servos off and then press save settings. Do the same for the roll (switch servos on/get them to stop/switch servos off/save settings.)
Now with servos off I put the tilt/roll belts back on and the level the tray. Next step I take is to set the XY level then press save settings (servos off all this time). Next I tilt the tray 90degrees and set the z axis followed by save settings. Next I level the tray once more and hit the auto tune button. The skyline should now initialise and go through its startup procedure and autotune for you. Hope this helps. The manual needs a major overhaul.

vip

try that Ross i think it will work and solve your issues. Thanks for clarifying for him

This is cool, I feel we are getting somewher now working together.

nicwilke

Had a quick look at your video Ross. I noticed that the first thing you did after connecting the skyline to the software was to set the XY level before you centred your servos.From what I understand you need to center the servos first. What has worked for me is that after connecting rsgs and software I go to the tuning tab and then press servos on. Now I tune the tilt and once you get it to stop turning press servos off and then press save settings. Do the same for the roll (switch servos on/get them to stop/switch servos off/save settings.)
Now with servos off I put the tilt/roll belts back on and the level the tray. Next step I take is to set the XY level then press save settings (servos off all this time). Next I tilt the tray 90degrees and set the z axis followed by save settings. Next I level the tray once more and hit the auto tune button. The skyline should now initialise and go through its startup procedure and autotune for you. Hope this helps. The manual needs a major overhaul.

This is how you set it up. Correct.
A manual would be easy to write, you got it in one.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

iceman

I've only had my RSGS for just over a week now so can't comment on previous firmware, only 1.16 and now the 1.17 beta. Here is my latest video. I haven't had many flights but those that I did with 1.16 did have some roll drift but now with 1.17 it holds well, at least with this one test flight. You will see in the video that I'm suffering from some jitter in the tilt (can be seen clearly at 2.45 in video) when tracking to the side and in forward flight especially at speed. Anyone have any ideas regarding my jitter in tilt?

iceman

I've only had my RSGS for just over a week now so can't comment on previous firmware, only 1.16 and now the 1.17 beta. Here is my latest video. I haven't had many flights but those that I did with 1.16 did have some roll drift but now with 1.17 it holds well, at least with this one test flight. You will see in the video that I'm suffering from some jitter in the tilt (can be seen clearly at 2.45 in video) when tracking to the side and in forward flight especially at speed. Anyone have any ideas regarding my jitter in tilt?
Sorry password for video is rsgs117

Macsgrafs

Now I'm even more confused?????:upset:

Do I only do 1 servo at a time & then unplug & connect in the other servo...then plug the first back in.....this sounds very long winded & very complicated.
I didnt read the bit in the manual about that!!!!

But I'm glad so many have chipped in, at least then I can do another video, with better lighting & your kind advice put into practice, then we can hopefully upload it as a how to do it video...complete idiot guide ;)

Ross

Macsgrafs

Iceman, you got great eyesight mate ;)

As for your question, I can't honestly answer because I don't fly my MR that fast to be honest, I try my best to keep it slow & smooth, but thats the style I fly. Maybe its wind resistance pressing against the tray & the rsgs sensing the movement trying to compensate?