FlyGirl

It looks nice obviously, it's Chicago in the sunshine. At the start I did hope that you might have stayed over the same spot or within Grant Park someplace and that was a close to traffic as you were going to get. But then you keep ominously swaying higher and wallowing over the traffic, which was making me cringle a bit by the end of it. I've flown over spots in my own city, but that's a lot smaller and it's only been by arrangement on Christmas day when it's practically empty or very early in the morning in Summer when it's deserted. I'm not sure Chicago gets that quiet though at any time. Unless you have the power/influence to clear the streets, I think you should stay in the park or over the lake in future for safety. You'll still get some ace shots there. :)

+1.... I kept thinking "let's see how many things are wrong here.." Lot's... Yes it's a cool video but this is why things are going badly for us. To the original poster, did you ever stop to think about what would happen IF something went wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Yeah, I know. But it's hard for us to accept these kinds of videos when we know they are bad practise. I have lots of videos flying in central London, but they were commercial flights and all fully approved. The only difference between my vids and his was the silly paperwork aspect.

I really hope we haven't scared him off too much! :nevreness:

FlyGirl

Yeah, I know. But it's hard for us to accept these kinds of videos when we know they are bad practise. I have lots of videos flying in central London, but they were commercial flights and all fully approved. The only difference between my vids and his was the silly paperwork aspect.

I really hope we haven't scared him off too much! :nevreness:

He has another one on his YouTube channel at night that is much prettier and didn't take the risks that he did in the one he deleted. Listen, I feel bad for the guy too but if we don't police ourselves then someone else will and I would rather it be us and not "them".

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
it's too little too late for that mindset. phantom ruined it already.....

Why could I not stop thinking of The Simpsons all through that video? Shades an' beer guts with more bone than brain caricatures. 'Jonathan' was cool. He talked circles around those dimwits.

daniel

hi

i wanted to share my first 4K aerials with the Panasonic GH4....
we shot a short film inside that cruise on the video, and of course , a lot of Aerials, launching from a small boat....
i really like the GH4.....

https://vimeo.com/99384725
password : pacaya

Last edited by a moderator:

daniel

Beautiful stuff! What gimbal is this?

the gimbal is a modified Gothelirc brushless for sony nex/black magic pocket gimbal.....i removed the top bar so the GH4 can fit, and double sided taped the IMU sensor on top of the GH4.....
and changed the tilt motor, for one like the roll motor....

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
hi

i wanted to share my first 4K aerials with the Panasonic GH4....

When the video image gets this good one has to resort to real nitpicking when it comes to trying to find faults. In this case I would suggest that there is perhaps a small issue with the horizon much of the time? But, as I said, it's a nitpick. That is a good reel.