Kari

Kari Your shoots are really pro. Slow smooth moves like crane, but rich higher :)... You have a feeling in your fingers. Are those Raw footage or post stabilization? Also very smooth tilt movement from plan view to horizon. What cam gimbal are you using?

Thanks Vojec,

I had to add some stabilization in FCP, not that smooth without stabilizing. First clip was also slowed down a little as i yawed too fast after takeoff :) I'm not sure will it ever be possible with mount based on conventional servos to make it really smooth without stabilizing in post. Or at least maybe gimbal compensation should be switched off when calm.

Kari

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
So Krleas, I have to ask. What is it really like to have a bottomless pit of money to try out every single new high end toy that comes out? :dejection:

Lanzar

@Mombasa Man u have stoped buging our best online friend @George and now he is sleeping, no more new firmware. :(
Othervise i think Krleas solved your mistery. But we like to test all new things offcourse.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
It wasn't a dig guys, it was very much tongue-in-cheek to disguise my envy !!

EDIT: I haven't been bugging GM because I haven't really been using the PL. To be frank, I don't really see any great improvement over the MK FC camera control. If you fly really carefully the horizon stays pretty level and if you wallow around, so does the horizon - albeit slightly less than the MR itself - and if you fly sideways the initial horizon compensation gives way to the same lean that plagues the FC camera control.

However, I am satisfied with the MR's at the moment (MK Octo with FC control and AD-8/Av200 with PL3X) and am currently concentrating on installing a new camera mount stabilisation system on the big heli, as the PL clearly cannot cope on that platform.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lanzar

Yes I know. I am one of your customers!

What Power Board have you settled on with all these SkyJibs that you are assembling? FC etc. appears to be a standard MK stack on this one with a CS mount.

Aerodrive boards, since only board that can handle our motors and the power consumption. Rest is MK on it ofc.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Presumably you do a lot of stuff with your smartphone. Clicking on the URL leads to a 'Mobile Desktop' You Tube page. Clicking on the video brings up a Launch Application request for either QuickTime or another Application .... too many clicks.

JAZCAM

This is just a simple test video and promo for our new waterproof quadrotor design. Carries a GOPro, fully amphibious (as you can see).

janoots2

Some test footage at the air field of my second official video. Sony HX9V:

Testing out how my tilt only gimbal works for shooting video. This is the first time that I have trimmed videos and put the clips together so sorry my transitions aren't very smooth. I haven't done any further editing other then to compress it to a suitable size for vimeo upload.

http://vimeo.com/43491340

alik

My first ever multi rotor flight: Xaircraft, DJI WKM, GoPro:

Raptor .37, fixed mount GoPro:

Multi-rotor filming my dog: