Photohigher skyline rsgs

ATFlyer

I don't have your combo but I also cannot get rid of the tilt jitter all the time. I set the gains low 50 and it does it and I up them to the 200 range and it still does it. It is not constant just when ever it feels like it, no rhyme or reason to it.. I have an av130 / nex5n 16mm lens.. RSGS does not like the longer lens at all. I am thinking to change to free fly servos ....

Is that with firmware 1.7 or earlier?
I found that earlier versions randomly rapidly shook occasionally causing a jitter. 1.7 seems to have got rid of that. Now I only have unwanted movement of the tilt when I'm rough with the aircraft & that's caused by the backlash. Direct drive can't come soon enough!

Freefly servos don't have significantly less backlash than a good example of a Savox.

vip

Is that with firmware 1.7 or earlier?
I found that earlier versions randomly rapidly shook occasionally causing a jitter. 1.7 seems to have got rid of that. Now I only have unwanted movement of the tilt when I'm rough with the aircraft & that's caused by the backlash. Direct drive can't come soon enough!

Freefly servos don't have significantly less backlash than a good example of a Savox.

yes it is 1.7... it's not terrible but it is there. "Direct drive can't come soon enough!" my phrase would be , " i can't wait until someone else buys it and see the reviews"
skyline for sure is getting better but could you just imagine spending 4K and going thru this?

Macsgrafs

Ross - I think it is personal. Your rsgs really hates you!

Either that or it is total crap! I really can't make my mind up yet, put it one way 5 people so far have asked me if it's worth getting a RSGS & every one I have put off! All I have to do is show them my videos & explain what happens ;)

Ross

Macsgrafs

Pete, what did you say you are using for a power supply to your RSGS?
I haven't plugged my receiver back inline yet, maybe that might help...but I can't see how if it's playing up without it inline :(

Ross

rcmike

I did my first test of 1.7 today when I went to our clubs flying field. I was showing the mutirotor off to some people so I didn't do actual testing but it seemed to work pretty well. I followed the video posted earlier and didn't use the autotune function. I did have to try the Set XY button several times to get the values near 0 and not drifting. Most of the time either the roll or tilt or both would drift. I need to do some tuning but it's pretty close. While setting it up I noticed that the roll axis moves slightly when I flip the Aux switch. It was just a tiny bit but enough to notice. I need to do a little more testing and then I will fill out the spreadsheet and send it in.

MikeH

At flyer - I doubt weight will be the issue, My av200 with skyline carries a Sony fs 700 (body only weight of 1.5kgs) with a lens that is the same weight as the body so AUW is 3kgs + the battery, The camera is roughly 35cm long! . This would easily be at least twice the weight of a 5d.

I am the same with regards to the anomalies, we have some days when it works beautifully, Then on other days we have to lower the gains.

Efliernz

Pete
Pete, what did you say you are using for a power supply to your RSGS?
I haven't plugged my receiver back inline yet, maybe that might help...but I can't see how if it's playing up without it inline :(

Ross

I power my rsgs off a UBEC with the -ve common with the rx (and signal of the tilt). The servos are directly connected to the rsgs, but the whole mount has it's own 10A UBEC. Not a fancy one... just a big Hobbyking one.

Pete

Macsgrafs

I power my rsgs off a UBEC with the -ve common with the rx (and signal of the tilt). The servos are directly connected to the rsgs, but the whole mount has it's own 10A UBEC. Not a fancy one... just a big Hobbyking one.

Pete

Thats what I use, a 8-15a bec with a 3s 1300ma lipo....strange how you havent encountered any problems!

Ross

nicwilke

I run a high voltage BEC direct from my Droidworx PDB. I have 2 BEC's on board, where the PDB has octo capacity, I have the 2 spare places as BEC power outputs. One for gimbal, the other for Receiver.

MikeH

I thought some of you may be interested in our promo reel. Its shot using an AV200 with skyline runing 1.2.2
Cameras used were a Sony FS700, Sony NX70 and Canon 7D.
Some shots have post stabilisation but no more than 103%, So very little.

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought some of you may be interested in our promo reel. Its shot using an AV200 with skyline runing 1.2.2
Cameras used were a Sony FS700, Sony NX70 and Canon 7D.
Some shots have post stabilisation but no more than 103%, So very little.

Enjoy

Fantatstic

I keep coming back to this thread wondering whether I really want to start down the Skyline route. I see work with Radians that persuades me otherwise! Nice to see it working well even with a little help!

I know the costs are different but am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeH

The torquiose water is called the blue pools. Alot of the sth island rivers are pretty similar.
Here is the link. Its pretty much on the other side of the world :)
http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?ll=-4...08651,0.021136&t=h&z=16&lci=com.panoramio.all

Thanks for the kind words.

With regards to the 'little help'. My personal view is that we have a paid a few hundred dollars for a circuit board to stabilise a camera. It isn't a cineflex so we will always encounter some slight movement unless we fly in very low wind conditions all the time. The rock climbing shots were flown in roughly 20kph+gusty wind conditions so pretty strong for a RC aircraft, it doesn't matter if you use Radian, HFpro or the skyline, I don't believe anything will be perfect
The firmware and technology can only get better :)
Might as well make use of the technology we have at our disposal in the meantime!

Just my .02 cents :)

Macsgrafs

Right here we go guys maybe you can tell me what is wrong.

As you know I finally managed to setup my RSGS using v1.7B...2 days later (not touched at all) the tray slowly leant over to the left by about 20 degrees. I walked away until just now. Plugged in, powered up & it is perfect again!!!!!! WTF!

So the software still sucks...think it's time I sold it all on....anyone want to buy a 2 month old RSGS + AV200???

Ross

toscatara

Right here we go guys maybe you can tell me what is wrong.

As you know I finally managed to setup my RSGS using v1.7B...2 days later (not touched at all) the tray slowly leant over to the left by about 20 degrees. I walked away until just now. Plugged in, powered up & it is perfect again!!!!!! WTF!

So the software still sucks...think it's time I sold it all on....anyone want to buy a 2 month old RSGS + AV200???

Ross

where is the v1.7B?
thank

Thanks for the kind words.

With regards to the 'little help'. My personal view is that we have a paid a few hundred dollars for a circuit board to stabilise a camera. It isn't a cineflex so we will always encounter some slight movement unless we fly in very low wind conditions all the time. The rock climbing shots were flown in roughly 20kph+gusty wind conditions so pretty strong for a RC aircraft, it doesn't matter if you use Radian, HFpro or the skyline, I don't believe anything will be perfect
The firmware and technology can only get better :)
Might as well make use of the technology we have at our disposal in the meantime!

Mike, I totally agree. The little help is absolutely fine. If I could use a Skyline add some stabilisation and get results like yours the effort would be so worthwhile.

It is just Ross always seems to be pulling his hair out!! I haven't got too much left to be doing the same.

I am probably not as patient and just want it to work and I'm looking for the best/most simple solution.

Macsgrafs

It is just Ross always seems to be pulling his hair out!! I haven't got too much left to be doing the same.

What makes me angry Steve is that one day it holds fine...turn it off, walk away without touching anything & come back to it 2 days later...now it doesnt hold level & keeps trying to roll over by 20+ degrees...so I switch off, walk away without doing anything else...come back 2 days later, attach the very same lipo & it holds fine!

With the NEW gimbals comming on the market, the AV130, AV200 & RSGS will be worth scrap only!!!!!

Ross