Photohigher skyline rsgs

Here is where I'm at with my Skyline. If they are looking for Beta testers for the FW I'll volunteer.

Last edited by a moderator:

nicwilke

Here is where I'm at with my Skyline. If they are looking for Beta testers for the FW I'll volunteer.

I actually viewed that video yesterday and thought 'great work'

Good to see a multi rotor for inside use. Keep up the good work.

Mitypsilon: i know they're at 1.2.2 so possibly your issue is already old (i know this may sound bad but understand it the right way). Whilst waiting for the official release: i'd try manual tuning, it takes really a little to do it.

Vip: as i can't see it named in your post i guess you're going to manage the gimbal with a Skyline board. In that case if you have the fw 1.2.xxx you're ready to set it up as per instructions (manually is better IMO) and go flying, if you have a previous release i'd just wait a few days for the new fw and its instructions. This will save you a lot of time and headaches.

Soaringclauz:
I would really like to do manual tuning! With my software 2.1 it's not possible because there is no button like this. In older versions there is a button but it's not working neither... No reaction of the servos when I change the values.

Does anyone manual tuning with firmware 1.2.1 ? How??

hdj912

Nicnaimless, which gimbal are you using? Doesnt look like a Photohigher one in your other vimeo video. Just curious...

Soaringclauz:
I would really like to do manual tuning! With my software 2.1 it's not possible because there is no button like this. In older versions there is a button but it's not working neither... No reaction of the servos when I change the values.

Does anyone manual tuning with firmware 1.2.1 ? How??

Hello, manual tuning is not button, it is done in the tuning windows by manually changing the values in the tilt, roll and pan servo center boxes. It involves removing belt and mechanical connection of the roll servo and ticking the "servo ON" option in the low left menu. The procedure to do it is in the 1.13 second manual that i believe it's online on the PH site, if you don't find it just send me a pm with a valid mail addresse and i'll forward it to you.
C

Edit: check also my post nr 1215 to see if it can be of any help.

Hello, manual tuning is not button, it is done in the tuning windows by manually changing the values in the tilt, roll and pan servo center boxes. It involves removing belt and mechanical connection of the roll servo and ticking the "servo ON" option in the low left menu. The procedure to do it is in the 1.13 second manual that i believe it's online on the PH site, if you don't find it just send me a pm with a valid mail addresse and i'll forward it to you.
C

Edit: check also my post nr 1215 to see if it can be of any help.

Thank you very much for the hint how I can set it manually. Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees.

With roll it works very good now with manual tuning.

With tilt I do auto tuning and I'm fine now and only have to do fine tuning and can't wait to do a test flight!

Thanks a lot!

Andy

vinnygogo

can anyone tell me what the difference is between position, velocity and integral gain? and is there a desired order for adjusting them(like which value causes what?)

Trnquill

Waiting the new firmware very eagerly! Here's my quick observations about Skyline. I build my own gimbals and have now tried Skyline in two different gimbals with two different servos.

Gimbal A is "Cinestar-like" gimbal with roll axis coming behind the camera. Servos are Spektrum H6040 which work like a charm with Picloc etc. Skyline works very well with tilt and stabilization is almost perfect. Roll on the other hand is shaking like mad if I raise the gain over 20... And as you can guess, gain of 20 is not nearly enough to make the stabilization work like it should. Both axis are belt driven and gear ratio is 6:1. First I had very severe servo jitter but I got rid of it with H-loom and using ferrite rings in the pot wires.

Gimbal B is "AV200-like" gimbal with arch like roll axis above the camera. Roll and tilt are belt driven, gear ratio is somewhere near 8:1 on both axis. Servos are Savöx SC-1258TG. I'm able to raise the roll gain to 280, tilt gain is a bit under 200. Both axis stabilize very well and I have only a slight jitter without any H-loom or ferrite ring nonsense. Tilt still jumps a bit every now and then but nothing compared to the jitter I had with the Spektrum H6040's in the other gimbal.

Now I'm just wating for the new firmware to see if it will get rid of the final remains of jumpy behaviour my gimbal B still has. Exiting times!

EDIT: This all with the firmware 1.1.6

We were tuning the skyline for a clients project with his GH2. This "disco" space is for rent for events in the city. The "point" was to benefit the community and show another skyline video without post-stab for evaluation. No intent to impress or awe you, just to add some of my test result to the community of folks working towards better performance with the skyline.
Nice disco, but what has a camera + multi rotor + gimbal + skyline have to do with this? Any HH camera would have done a far more better job than what you are now showing .
So what is your point apart from getting software?

Hi Guys,

Where we are at today:

FW is almost ready. Last week I told you about an issue with the pan, if your landing gear is attached to your gimbal, the Skyline will spin around on the ground. The only solution we could think to this that is elegant is to have another servo input to turn the stabilisation on and off. This would mean that you turn it on once in the air and off when landing. Brendon is coding it in now.

Will post again in a few hours with progress. If all goes well, we can send it to betas (who have panning gimbals) in a few hours, wait for their reply... release tomorrow. Will touch base soon.

Oti

nicwilke

Hi Guys,

Where we are at today:

FW is almost ready. Last week I told you about an issue with the pan, if your landing gear is attached to your gimbal, the Skyline will spin around on the ground. The only solution we could think to this that is elegant is to have another servo input to turn the stabilisation on and off. This would mean that you turn it on once in the air and off when landing. Brendon is coding it in now.

Will post again in a few hours with progress. If all goes well, we can send it to betas (who have panning gimbals) in a few hours, wait for their reply... release tomorrow. Will touch base soon.

Oti

Thanks for the update Oti. I flew yesterday with the 1.2.2 beta, and it went very well.

Good job PH.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Oti,
I am rying to undersatnd what you are telling us. Means if I have a AV-200 with Landing gear and 360° Pan, I can not use the new FW because my Copter will spinn on the ground ???
My question is then, what is the Pan stabilization then good for ??

Turbowilly

Digitech

Hi Oti,
I am rying to undersatnd what you are telling us. Means if I have a AV-200 with Landing gear and 360° Pan, I can not use the new FW because my Copter will spinn on the ground ???
My question is then, what is the Pan stabilization then good for ??

Turbowilly

the problem is the gyro tries to 0 out the gimbal
but since the gimbal is locked to the ground it will spin the aircraft round and will continue since the gimbal stays put.
they need to make a sort of Failsafe for the pan port so it can be enabled with a switch like others did it before.
or make your own with a 3 usd electronic remote switch and put between the Pulse cable.
then when you take off , enable the pan port and all is ok

Hi Digitech,

Okay I got that so far, but what if your TX has no more capacity for a additional function to turn the pan stab on and off ???
What can I do then ?

Turbowilly

Digitech

i asume on a 360 system you have a second TX system connected?
so you should have another channel free?
if not then your in trouble.

meme

Thanks Oti,

my money is on you now, just ordered a Av130 :)

-meme

Hi Guys,

Where we are at today:

Oti