Photohigher skyline rsgs

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
Need help to those that already on 1.2.2 I unplug both the till/roll pot and forgot that the tilt signal wire needs to be cut and soldered to the existing Tilt servo output (signal wire). can someone post a photo or let me know where the "new" tilt signal wire is connected? I plan to just more the existing tilt signal wire instead of soldering it. Appreciate some help thanks

if not mistaken

x x x x x x x x x x
x x x x x x T x x x

can you confirm?

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• connections.jpg
    connections.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 278

Hi,
I am using a Graupner MX-12 HoTT for the Camera Gimble but all channels are already used for Camera zoom etc... functions.
To find a available channel for the Pan on / off function will be hard.

Turbowilly

If you havnt got any free channels then an alternative would be to make a little takeoff cradle for the airframe that keeps the legs off the ground.

Trnquill

Route your pan servo power wire to one of the landing skids and mount small push button there. Align it so that whenever your aircraft sits on ground the button is depressed and cuts the power to the pan servo. And as soon as you lift off the button jumps out and connects the circuit enabling the pan servo to do its work. Simple! :)

I am very very happy with the results now (1.2.2 / av 130 / felt washer on tilt). But there is still a little jittering when the camera is tilted down. I balanced the camera position as good as I could and in horizontal position there is no
jittering at all. But when I tilt down, the camera gets a little bit front heavy: jittering.
Any advices?

Thanks,

Andy

I am very very happy with the results now (1.2.2 / av 130 / felt washer on tilt). But there is still a little jittering when the camera is tilted down. I balanced the camera position as good as I could and in horizontal position there is no
jittering at all. But when I tilt down, the camera gets a little bit front heavy: jittering.
Any advices?

Hi Andy,

If your camera tray isn't already in the lowest position you can try lowering it tray by changing the screw holes it is mounted on. You might be able to get it more level in the vertical direction.

Progress:

New firmware is on website. Use it cautiously at first.

-You will need to make a few changes to your wiring loom and make up the dummy pots.

-Dummy pots are being assembled now and we will be sending dummy pots to the distributors next week. You can wait for those if you want.

-If you have a panning gimbal AND your landing gear is attached to the gimbal, you will need an available channel to switch the pan on and off. If you don't have a spare channel for this switch, DO NOT use the pan stabilization as it will spin when you turn it on.

-Please test it carefully.

Cheers
PH

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
Not sure whats going on but I got the 1.2.2 FW from distributor. Got all the wiring loom prep (thanks to andy for diagram). Now when I try and install it on my desktop it wont install even running it in compatibility mode. I have windows 7 ultimate 64bit on desktop. I tried my tablet window 7 home 64bit it install fine. Now when I tried to install FW, its throwing different error message.

- connected unpowered and followed the instruction to the letter however it doesnt say com port open but instead failed to connect. And pressing update FW thats the time I plug in power. I am getting "Unhandled exception occurred......" I know it will fail cause it wasnt able to connect to skyline.
- Connect to skyline with power and tried to connect skyline says I must be in FW 1.2.1 to use that software

So I tried my luck on website and saw copy of 1.2.2, downloaded the software and same results. Anything special I need to do to upgrade this? RSGS is currently on 1.1.6

Edit: I uninstalled 2.2.0 software and reinstalled 1.1.6. If I press connect unpowered it will say com is open. Could it be that it requires that Skyline must be on 1.2.1 for us to upgrade to 1.2.2? But how can we do that if that is unpublished?

Not sure whats going on but I got the 1.2.2 FW from distributor. Got all the wiring loom prep (thanks to andy for diagram). Now when I try and install it on my desktop it wont install even running it in compatibility mode. I have windows 7 ultimate 64bit on desktop. I tried my tablet window 7 home 64bit it install fine. Now when I tried to install FW, its throwing different error message.

- connected unpowered and followed the instruction to the letter however it doesnt say com port open but instead failed to connect. And pressing update FW thats the time I plug in power. I am getting "Unhandled exception occurred......" I know it will fail cause it wasnt able to connect to skyline.
- Connect to skyline with power and tried to connect skyline says I must be in FW 1.2.1 to use that software

So I tried my luck on website and saw copy of 1.2.2, downloaded the software and same results. Anything special I need to do to upgrade this? RSGS is currently on 1.1.6

Edit: I uninstalled 2.2.0 software and reinstalled 1.1.6. If I press connect unpowered it will say com is open. Could it be that it requires that Skyline must be on 1.2.1 for us to upgrade to 1.2.2? But how can we do that if that is unpublished?

The upgrade will work on all skyline units. The wrong software file got uploaded to the website. It's fixed now. If everyone can download the software again. Very sorry.

Jffry7:
check that the three pan input connection go exactly where Andy's schematics say the must go. I moved the pan input positive to another positive pin and had the same problem.
Positives and negatives can be connected to more than one place....all except the pan input as the pan input positve is not actually a positive but a part of the communication between pc and skyline.
C

EDIT: sorted by PH...i will leave the message in case someone else makes his own harness like i did

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
I do have my own harness been using for a while now as I always power my servo from a different power source. But thanks for the suggestion. The Software issue on the site was the culprit, I was able to upgrade now. Just need to tune this but I really need to sleep. So far looks promising, just need to figure out my gains.