Photohigher skyline rsgs

alexoki

Will PH be supplying these dummy pots free of charge to skyline owners as they are now a required component to make the original product functionable?

iceman

I already have another machine with 2 axis gimbal.
I need 3 axis for some jobs.

I will wait for new firmware, can i know how much days for release ?
1001 Copters have this thing working at 2 axis at least, can someone how he made this, what FW version and connections.
I have the cinestar gimbal with the 1001 Copters adapter.

I am reading all pages of this topic, i am at page 30 now but nothing really clear.

Regards

Cristiano

Do not forget the Skyline was designed for the Photohigher AV130 and AV200, no guarantee has been made that it would ever work with Cinestar gimbal.

nicwilke

Will PH be supplying these dummy pots free of charge to skyline owners as they are now a required component to make the original product functionable?

You are talking about four 10¢ resistor and two 5¢ servo plug and pins. I'm sure they won't mind sending you one if it's gonna break your budget. Just make them yourself as shipping them to you will cost you fifty times the cost.

I was told by a dealer here in the UK that they will be sending out batches of new looms for the dealers to distribute to existing customers.

alexoki

You are talking about four 10¢ resistor and two 5¢ servo plug and pins. I'm sure they won't mind sending you one if it's gonna break your budget. Just make them yourself as shipping them to you will cost you fifty times the cost.

My question has nothing to do with the cost of the parts but more to do with PH supplying a complete product as advertised out of a simple matter of principle and good business practice. Also I do not want the hassle of tracking down the relevant parts required.

nicwilke

My question has nothing to do with the cost of the parts but more to do with PH supplying a complete product as advertised out of a simple matter of principle and good business practice. Also I do not want the hassle of tracking down the relevant parts required.

Well, you could ask them to send you the 50¢ dummy pots and wait another 3 weeks for delivery from New Zealand, or PM me your address and I'll send you some as I got a bulk pack of those resistors and have plenty of male servo plugs and pins. I'd gladly make you some.

iscorama

Can anyone post a link to worldwide supplier of that 2.5 resistors?
I can't find them anywhere in my small town and can only do bulky solution with some old resistors I allready have:View attachment 6144

Attachments

• IMG_0575.JPG
    IMG_0575.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 278

Auto-Tune doesn't work on FW 1.2.1 & AV130

Auto-Tune: the roll always hits the dead end stop very roughly and stays there while the servo tries to go on.

But: if I disconnect the tilt the Auto-Tune does work for the roll. But for me the stabilization worked better on firmware 1.6. (I always used only roll stabilization as tilt&roll together didn't work)

Does anyone have success with 1.2.1 & AV130 ?

vip

I will be getting an AV130 /360 option soon for my driodworx HLE8, it is in mail.. can anyone tell me some set up tips, like maybe the gain
setting to start with and maybe a better explanation of where these resistors go... I am not concerned with the 360 right away, just need stable video.

I have no idea what version of software it has, he said it is one month old, I bought it from this board..

Mitypsilon: i know they're at 1.2.2 so possibly your issue is already old (i know this may sound bad but understand it the right way). Whilst waiting for the official release: i'd try manual tuning, it takes really a little to do it.

Vip: as i can't see it named in your post i guess you're going to manage the gimbal with a Skyline board. In that case if you have the fw 1.2.xxx you're ready to set it up as per instructions (manually is better IMO) and go flying, if you have a previous release i'd just wait a few days for the new fw and its instructions. This will save you a lot of time and headaches.

Last edited by a moderator:

vinnygogo

hello everybody,

i also own a skyline with av200. in 2 days i have a huge project here in the netherlands, where i would really like to have the skyline. because of that, i really cant wait 2 more days for photohigher to put out the official release. could anyone who has the 1.2 firmware send it to me asap, because if i dont have the firmware by tommorow and be able to test it, i am forced to put the old stabilization back on, because 1.1.6 aint useable.

please help me asap!!

thanks in advance!!

vip

Mitypsilon: i know they're at 1.2.2 so possibly your issue is already old (i know this may sound bad but understand it the right way). Whilst waiting for the official release: i'd try manual tuning, it takes really a little to do it.

Vip: as i can't see it named in your post i guess you're going to manage the gimbal with a Skyline board. In that case if you have the fw 1.2.xxx you're ready to set it up as per instructions and go flying, if you have a previous release i'd just wait a few days for the new fw and its instructions. This will save you a lot of time and headaches.

should be no problem , I won't have my new stuff until then.
thanks Have you been a tester?

Contact them directly and they may be able to give you a beta. But that may be a bit risky for a commercial job.

hello everybody,

i also own a skyline with av200. in 2 days i have a huge project here in the netherlands, where i would really like to have the skyline. because of that, i really cant wait 2 more days for photohigher to put out the official release. could anyone who has the 1.2 firmware send it to me asap, because if i dont have the firmware by tommorow and be able to test it, i am forced to put the old stabilization back on, because 1.1.6 aint useable.

please help me asap!!

thanks in advance!!

nicwilke

I'd still suggest we all stop asking for beta releases and just wait. PH have got an absolute asskicking for firmware that wasn't ready from a lot of people, and now we're begging for them to do it again????

It's not far off...

But that may be a bit risky for a commercial job.

I agree. And feel i better clarify my message to Vip: If you have the 1.2.0 you are ready to carry on the partial modifications (only PH know what the definitive ones look like), set it up manually (only tilt and roll, no pan) and go flying. In fewer words: it is still a beta....but in my experience a very good working one.

Nic,

Beta testing also helps them produce a better product and they always ask for the feedback when we get them.

What are version you using at the moment?

I'd still suggest we all stop asking for beta releases and just wait. PH have got an absolute asskicking for firmware that wasn't ready from a lot of people, and now we're begging for them to do it again????

It's not far off...

vinnygogo

i am not the one who questioned photothigher because they released an unfinished firmware:) and of course i will test it tommorow. but in the end, i think it will be my own call to use the skyline or not;) but because of the promising videos i saw, i would reallly love to test it, but therefore need it tomorrow. please people who have the latest firmware, be so kind to send them to me. you would really help me out, and make me spent my sunday testing a great system. please help me, and ofcourse as said it wil be my responsability to use it or not:)

i hope you will be so kind! i would really love to try an beta version instead of having to use the naza again...