Photohigher skyline rsgs

nicwilke

Just all hang in there for the moment. Wait for PH to release the latest software and firmware and stop sharing round the beta software willy-nilly as the final release will also have detailed instructions. So, get your dummy pots made and chill out on this for a few more days or so.

Please stop asking me for it as what I have isn't for release, it's only test. :thumbup:

blushoes

dancing gimbal??

hi guys.

pls help. i bought this darn rsgs over a month ago and its been sitting in the box. just had time to follow the set up instructions.
i downloaded the software and upgraded to firmware 1.1.6

after that, i turned off the unit, turned it on again.
the LED goes from flashing red, to amber to green.

when it becomes green, my gimbal rolls left and right and tilts back and forth pretty violently.

now, when i try to flash the firmware again, i keep getting a no response error

:(

Thomb

hi guys.

pls help. i bought this darn rsgs over a month ago and its been sitting in the box. just had time to follow the set up instructions.
i downloaded the software and upgraded to firmware 1.1.6

after that, i turned off the unit, turned it on again.
the LED goes from flashing red, to amber to green.

when it becomes green, my gimbal rolls left and right and tilts back and forth pretty violently.

now, when i try to flash the firmware again, i keep getting a no response error

:(

please wait for the update that will come soon than all the problems are over. there is a working version of 1.2 but that needs a some tweaking.

PondMedic

2.5k resistors. What is the ohm rating for a 2.5K? 250 ohm? Also, what wattage resistors are you using? 25 watt?

Anyone have a link to an U.S. online store selling the 2.5k resistors so I can see the specs on it? I want to see if I can find the correct resistors at a local electronics shop.

Michael64

You can get 2.2K 1/4 Watt resistors at Radio Shack that was closest to me and I make them with those. I also ordered some 2.5K 1/4 Watt from Mouser Electronics, I live in Texas and they are located in Dallas Ft. Worth area so overnite shipping should have some tomorrow if you dont find them I should have extra.

Michael64

PondMedic

Thanks. I'll look up Mouser. So I can get some from them. But you say the 2.2K will work just as well as the 2.5K? If that's the case, I might just stop at my local Radio Shack.

Macsgrafs

2.5k resistors. What is the ohm rating for a 2.5K? 250 ohm? Also, what wattage resistors are you using? 25 watt?

Anyone have a link to an U.S. online store selling the 2.5k resistors so I can see the specs on it? I want to see if I can find the correct resistors at a local electronics shop.

2k5 = 2500 ohm. You can buy 2k5 presets, which will allow you to alter the zero position as well!!!!

Michael64

Why worry about adjust just get the fixed ones they are smaller and easier to make and tape to servo 2.2K to 2.7 1/4Watt they will work.

Michae64

Before buying even something so small as some resistors i would wait for PH infos about the new fw, wiring and (if any) required modifications. They're the only ones who know what our Skylines will need and look like in a few weeks (or days, or hours).
Just my opinion

Michael64

Resistors to make Dummy pots are required and there is a wiring change as well for the 1.2.2 firmware. Wiring change is for 1.2.2 FW and new software. The dummy pot will work with the 1.1.7 as stated here along with the servo wire change. They will be releasing the Manual with wiring change instructions and firmware in the next few days.

Michael64

Mactadpole

Before buying even something so small as some resistors i would wait for PH infos about the new fw, wiring and (if any) required modifications. They're the only ones who know what our Skylines will need and look like in a few weeks (or days, or hours).
Just my opinion

Point taken! It's been happily sitting in its box this long...

nicwilke

Yeah, hold on a few days. I was looking over the instructions they are going to release, and its got step by step instructions (very easy) for the pot dummies, and the small alteration to the original wiring loom.
NEARLY THERE. This is exciting, and Photohigher have not released the 1.2.X yet as they want to cover all bases.... A good idea so people dont go chasing their tails. I think its going to be ready in a day or two.

PondMedic

Some questions for those who are already using 1.2.0...

1. I'm using a WKM flight controller and Hitec optima 9 receiver on my hexacopter. I do not have my AV130 set up for a two person operating system, so I'm plugging in my RSGS tilt input to channel 7 on my Optima so I can manually control the tilt on my camera from my transmitter.

Here's the problem - the battery pack that's dedicated to my RSGS is backfeeding power to my Optima, ultimately backpowering my WKM and I'm getting the constant red light strobe from my WKM telling me something is wrong with the connections on my PMU. The WKM doesn't know what to do with it. I can also plug in my RSGS without my WKM on, but my tilt input plugged into the Optima RX and the PMU LED light flashes, so it's definitely backpowering from the RSGS.

So, the question is -- how do you keep the RSGS power from interfering with the WKM when using the tilt input? The only way I've found to do it is to 1) power up the RSGS first, then power up the WKM, then plug in my RSGS tilt input to the Optima RX. Seems like it shouldn't have to be that complicated.

2. When using RSGS FW 1.2.0, I'm trying to set up my RX, TX and RSGS to manually control the tilt on the AV130 from a slider switch on my TX. The "slew" setting in RSGS is not the correct setting for this, but the "non-slew" setting takes the tilt slowly back to level after moving the slider switch to tilt the gimbal pan down. How do you set up the RSGS so that your slider switch will manually move and HOLD the gimbal tray at a certain angle?

RSGS FW 1.2.0 is definitely an improvement over 1.1.6. No more jitters! I'm using 2.2K, 1/4 watt resistors instead of the 2.5k. I might try the 2.5k's and see if it makes any improvement. So far, it's pretty good with the 2.2k's from what I can tell. A little fine tuning on the gains with the camera mounted and it works great. I still need to do a little fine tuning on my gains and I think I'll have it in the air taking really stable footage. Now, if I can just figure out how the RSGS is going to interact with my TX, RX and WKM, it'll be great! Let me know if you have experience with these issues!

nicwilke

So, the question is -- how do you keep the RSGS power from interfering with the WKM when using the tilt input?
Remove the red cable from Reciever to Skyline tilt input. Try it.

How do you set up the RSGS so that your slider switch will manually move and HOLD the gimbal tray at a certain angle?
You may find the red wire removed may fix this also. Uncheck - slew and test with the servos switch on in software.

PondMedic

Nic - removing the red wire from the receiver to RSGS tilt input stopped the power backfeed to the WKM (as you would expect), but I get no tilt response when giving slider switch input on my TX. Any other thoughts?

PondMedic

Chris - maybe I'm not thinking all the way thru it, but for them to have a common ground, do the RX and RSGS have to share thMesame power supply? I thought the RSGS needed to be powered independent of the flight system, i.e. the RX.