MultiRotorForums.com DJI Wookong Contest giveaway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennyR

I have known that Pelican for about 10 years now. We first met when I had just sat down to enjoy a nice Sea Bream and a glass of white wine, perfect, or so it seemed. Then over my shoulder came that long beak and before I new it he had plucked my fish off the plate and ran off with it. Later I decided to shoot some video of him close-up. That was fine and then he came towards me and pulled the Rycote fluffy off my mike and ran off. At 160 quid a throw I was definitely going to get it back as it was far too big for him to swallow. I eventually brought him down with a rugby tackle a hundred yards up beach, and retrieved the cover. We have been good mates ever since.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I have known that Pelican for about 10 years now. We first met when I had just sat down to enjoy a nice Sea Bream and a glass of white wine, perfect, or so it seemed. Then over my shoulder came that long beak and before I new it he had plucked my fish off the plate and ran off with it. Later I decided to shoot some video of him close-up. That was fine and then he came towards me and pulled the Rycote fluffy off my mike and ran off. At 160 quid a throw I was definitely going to get it back as it was far too big for him to swallow. I eventually brought him down with a rugby tackle a hundred yards up beach, and retrieved the cover. We have been good mates ever since.

Me and the missus had curried Pelican last weekend at a local restuarant. It didn't taste too bad, but the bill was enourmous :)

DennyR

I couldn't imagine eating him but they do farm ostrich just up the road from here. That is also expensive.
We get a few pink flamingoes stopping over on their way to Africa. The hunters here will shoot anything, that includes their dogs and each other.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I couldn't imagine eating him but they do farm ostrich just up the road from here. That is also expensive.
We get a few pink flamingoes stopping over on their way to Africa. The hunters here will shoot anything, that includes their dogs and each other.

Denny,

It was just a little joke, I would never dream of eating curried pelican :)

plingboot

Well, here's my entry for the wookong contest.

Before you view:
• There's only two bins - it'll become obvious as to why 5 were not required.
• There's no skimpyclad women - it's cold and grey here today
• There's not much obvious flying skill on display
• It does show that the arducopter is pretty steady

• Maybe watch it with the sound ON, it helps make up for the crappy flying,
• there's an HD version
• do watch it all… :tennis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8lWA2i73O8

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

Before you view:

• there's an HD version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8lWA2i73O8

Good try, looks like you ran out of battery in the end.

mbsteed

aerial video centric

Before you view:

• there's an HD version

Great Action! I had a similar experience - it is much harder than it looks. I am working on the footage.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Well, here's my entry for the wookong contest......................

laughed.......out........loud!! love the circus music, perfect! the little buzz of the prop hitting the garbage can at the end is the icing.

Bartman

Did a first test flight and it is indeed a challenge to get the object into the buckets......but......the contest isn't just about the buckets so be creative, take your best shot and post the video.......there's lot of room for creativity and lousy flying.

there's a free $1100 DJI flight control system for the lucky winner so get those entries in!!!

Bart

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I was planning on doing mine in the near future but just noticed a problem with my esc's today...I best get new ones asap!

DennyR

I was messing about today with some bucket ideas, and It is a lot easier with a 450 size machine than my big heavy lifters which move about more in the wind. The tweak of the week - angle plates under the motors. Did all five in 47 seconds.

Bartman

yuri,
the final authority is the individual voter. as long as the basic premise of the contest is respected, you should be fine.
it's

Efliernz

Pete
it has been blowing here for weeks and yes - my hex will fly in 40km/hr winds (I have video proof), the string is almost horizontal :(

mbsteed

aerial video centric
Multirotorforums.com Wookong Giveaway Entry

Okay, here is my entry/attempt.
Let me start with the excuses:
  • Handicap 1: I had planned to use my small quad (Gaui 344) for this because it is much more manoeuvrable but when I went to fly it for the video it started flipping over - bad ESC I think, so I was stuck with the tank; this is a X8 heavy weight beast that I have built for video, not so manoeuvrable.
  • Handicap 2: In the dark I had little or no depth perception. I have flown in the dark before but for fine placement, it doesn't work well at all, I didn't anticipate that.
  • Handicap 3: I only had one night to pull it off - limited batteries with the tank (had tons of batteries for the little Gaui)
I think the idea was a good one just didn't quite work out like I visualized.

...at any rate here it is - tried to make it as short as possible (best to watch the HD version on Vimeo in full screen mode):

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/32490014?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Well it was fun even if it wasn't that successful.

combatxe2

Very good Mbsteed Love the dry ice, very mean and moody with the lack of light.
Will be uploading mine tonight, looks like id better get creative...:0)

Status
Not open for further replies.