MultiRotorForums.com DJI Wookong Contest giveaway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borneoben

Hey Juz

I thought you would of being doing this FPV!!

just turn the camera to fce straight down it would be easy im sure!!!

LOL

I will be starting my attempts very soon.

Had a mishap with my quad and broke a motor mount.
I went to repair it but then found that 3 of teh 4 arms have what i call "green stick fractures" the 10mm carbon rube has ben twisted and have fractured along the length meaning they have lost all there rgidity when you twist them. So no i have to wait for some more carbon to arrive.
Should be hera anyday so after teh rebuild will get some practice in.

Cheers

Ben

Not me Denny..I am very busy this week and its raining heavily outside, so I gave it a go. Yes, I have broken every "rule" but it was fun and very challenging. I don't mind if it isn't considered a valid entry, I just wanted to give it a try.

I tried to make the 5 "buckets" as fast as possible (about 2 mins), gee its hard. So I hope its not too boring. My kids enjoyed it, until my daughter wanted her doll back.

Not quite dancing girls ;-)

But looks hard, well done!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Who comes up with this stuff? How about next contest is best explosion from high speed impact into a wall.

would that be of your head or the kopter? use you imagination, this is supposed to be fun!

go hit the dollar store and find something fun to use in the video.

DennyR

Here's one I did earlier. Only my third flight with the Wookong but it was good enough to complete the job in about three mins. No practice. Just shows how stable the wookong is although I need to dial out some stick sensitivity. I decided to take off the normal camera to save some weight and I taped a small POV camera on the bottom next to the string. Started with FPV and then found it easier to line up with the slight wind and fly normally. this is a big model but needed no tuning straight out of the box.
http://vimeo.com/30987761

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Here's one I did earlier. Only my third flight with the Wookong but it was good enough to complete the job in about three mins. No practice. Just shows how stable the wookong is although I need to dial out some stick sensitivity. I decided to take off the normal camera to save some weight and I taped a small POV camera on the bottom next to the string. Started with FPV and then found it easier to line up with the slight wind and fly normally. this is a big model but needed no tuning straight out of the box.

Denny, classic video, I really liked that :)

Bartman

wait a minute, isn't sitting in front of my computer checking new registrations against the spammer database a good time? no?
oh my......

DennyR

I tried again to see how fast I could get all five in after some practice. Now under 1 min. Tip- make model lighter and bottle heavier and Keep model facing into wind, drop down when the weight swings backwards not when overhead. A little constant wind helps.

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!

That was great Denny.Is there a subliminal message on the pebble?

Just watched your Splash OF THE Titans too,good stuff.

DennyR

Jake
Only that Red Bull gives you wings and Yellow Cow gives you flings. Cyprus the Island of Love- some say, others tell the truth. More like sex on the beach I would say.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Gunter
I am impressed with your new bird. Be interested to know what duration you are getting.

Thanks Denny. I will do a bit of work on dialling in the settings some more this weekend and then do a timed flight-I'm keen to know myself! I'm hoping for over 10 minutes, fingers crossed!

DennyR

I forgot to mention, website moderators (RTRyder and Droider) are eligible to win. NOT eligible to win are advertisers or those with a forum in the Vendor Support area.
I'll sit this out as well although I may post a video if I can fly that long without crashing.
Bart
Bart you may have to take that risk, crash may have been right, it is awfully quiet around here. what happened to all that fun we were going to have.

Bartman

denny
the intent here was to get multi-rotor enthusiasts all under one roof but the people that make flight controls seem to think it's better to have everyone hunkered down in their own forums away from the rest of the multi-rotor community. the XAircraft thread at rcgroups is certainly an indication of this as is the OpenPilot forum where the project folks have locked themselves away. as i understand it, hoverfly also has an active forum for their product. people from all of these projects have registered here but why they don't remain more active is a mystery.
as for fun, i've got an idea for this contest but i'm short on time so it hasn't come together yet. i'm sure others have ideas as well but we haven't seen many contest posts yet.
where's yours?

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
I wanted to join this contest but I find my flying skill boring and not ready to compete with you guys. Maybe I'll just vote but I think warthox dog already won me over :D even tho task was not completed its still funny

Status
Not open for further replies.