MultiRotorForums.com DJI Wookong Contest giveaway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emowillcox

Last minute entry.. hey Bart so sorry to hear about your knee.. hope you weren’t trying to use a chain saw in the contest :upset: This turned out to be more difficult then I planned on but here is my heavy
lift entry.

Last edited by a moderator:

plingboot

excellent, my kind of attempt and impressive use of potty mouth!

emo, that brought a smile to my otherwise grumpy northern face.

Emowillcox

Thanks Plingboot... it was fun trying to make the video.. just wish I had more time and more batteries.. that heavy brick gave me alot shorter flight times then I was use to with my normal batteries.
Even the camera battery got tired and shut down early :tennis::nevreness::cold::02.47-tranquillity::livid::highly_amused::dread: Now just hope the judges will find my entry as impressive as you!

DennyR

I don't know how this contest can possibly be judged. No entrant plus his or her friends is going to vote for anyone else as it reduces their own chances, especially if there are some strong favorites. Those people will be lucky to get any votes.
In future I think you should have a panel of judges made up from the contest director (Bart) plus 2 judges from the sponsor and three judges taken from the moderators. The highest and the lowest score is ignored leaving 4 votes to be added together as marks out of ten. That way you could actually arrive at something sensible.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi Denny
I'll try to do better next time but we've got over 1000 members at the site now so I don't think any one person really has enough of a network to pull voting too far in any one direction. I like your idea though that we should have sponsor reps involved in the voting but that's another level of complexity that would have to be worked out, especially with us all spread out around the world. Interesting idea and one we'll have to give some thought to for the next contest.

THanks for the kind words regarding my knee. I bumped it against a chainsaw blade after cutting through some brush in the backyard and the blade was still moving quickly enough to give me a pretty good gash across my knee. My kneecap wasn't damaged so it should be a week or two and I'll be back to normal.

I'll organize the video entries today and we'll get to work voting on our favorites. Once we have the requisite number picked out we'll vote again to pick a winner. I've got the DJI Wookong M sitting on the desk here next to me and I'll be sorry to see it go. I only hope it goes to a good home and receives lots of love, affection, and plenty of insane flying.

Bartman

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
it's worth pointing out here that we've got a wide range of multi-rotor helicopters represented in the contest videos from AR Drones (finally!!) up to Denny's very custom aerial photo rig. it's a sign that this aspect of RC is continuing to grow and that the site is attracting the full spectrum of flyers. very cool if you ask me.
bart

DennyR

Bart
Your doing a fantastic job, I hope you are back to normal real quick. BTW the little Flame Wheel that I got from Geoff at Quadcopters is amazing. get yourself one and have some real fun. I can't stop playing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.