MultiRotorForums.com DJI Wookong Contest giveaway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Denny,
One piece of string should hold the ball to the copter. There's room for interpretation regarding the ball/object and buckets. Since we are voting on the videos, people are free to use artistic license in applying the rules. If the buckets are obviously too big then I believe voters will take that into account.
For example, if you use a garbage can as your bucket and just fly the course then you probably won't get many votes. But if a bikini model pops out as the ball is lifted out of the barrel then I'd guess that will be pretty popular.
Any other questions?
Bart

Last edited by a moderator:

warthox

watch out for dogs before you hang a tennis ball under your copter, otherwise making a video for the contest isnt that easy ;)

Efliernz

Pete
Oh dear... it looks harder than we thought. My night-time idea is looking really stupid now!

The guys at work loved this. Great video ;) Nice touch with the sheep! Will it fit in a bucket???

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!

Just a brief clip of an early practice with just two buckets.I had to shorten the string because of the roof height.
It,s tough task,I managed to get two buckets on the next run.Will post a link once the video is uploaded.
As for 5 buckets in the shape of a star,I don`t think my batteries will last that long!

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!

Sorry posted wrong clip before.Think I got four boxes and two buckets in this practice.

DennyR

Anyone think that we should shrink the rope length to 5 feet?
I the interests of getting enough entries that would probably be quite a good idea. Also it should be done outside. Not limited to those with a local indoor arena?

juz

FPV pilot
Relax Denny. Don't worry about indoors or out, ball size etc etc. If it's entertaining, and in the spirit of the contest (fun flying), then lets include it. The videos that makes me smile the most will get my votes. Isn't that what its all about? fun?:)

Bartman

I the interests of getting enough entries that would probably be quite a good idea. Also it should be done outside. Not limited to those with a local indoor arena?

well, a pendulum swings more quickly with a shorter arm so it could make it harder.
indoors, outdoors...........up to the discretion of the pilot.

contest tip of the day, drop the ball on the ground near the bucket to stop the swinging then pick it up again and put it into the bucket. :shame:

Bartman

Everyone moving along with this ok? Any questions? It's been quiet the last few days.

Bart

Borneoben

Yes i have been quietly planning my attack on this competition!!

but time keeps getting in the way.

Am planning on my first attempt this weekend!

mbsteed

aerial video centric
I just got my bird back in the air - my flight times seem to be way down because the frame is heavier than expected. ...hmmm that might thwart my idea. Need to do some testing when the wind stops blowing - for southern Alberta that could be spring.

juz

FPV pilot
Not me Denny..I am very busy this week and its raining heavily outside, so I gave it a go. Yes, I have broken every "rule" but it was fun and very challenging. I don't mind if it isn't considered a valid entry, I just wanted to give it a try.

I tried to make the 5 "buckets" as fast as possible (about 2 mins), gee its hard. So I hope its not too boring. My kids enjoyed it, until my daughter wanted her doll back.

Status
Not open for further replies.