MultiRotorForums.com DJI Wookong Contest giveaway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I'm very happy to announce our newest multi-rotor flying contest in which one lucky winner will fly away with a brand new DJI Innovations Wookong Multi-Rotor control system for the very low price of FREE!!!

The contest rules are complicated and will require hours of focused studying and comtemplation. The risk to your machines is great but commensurate with the reward for your careful piloting. Win this contest and your peers will respect you, the girls may notice you a bit more, even your dog will sense a certain specialness (is that a word?) as you go by. But enough of the jabbering, let's get to the details......

Here at multirotorforums.com, we like to do lots of stuff with our heli's but at the end of the day it's all about flying and becoming a better pilot. Therefore the contest goal is to get out and fly better than you ever have before and to expand your skills.

What you'll need are five buckets (large, small, you decide what to use), a piece of string about ten feet long, a tennis ball or similar sized object, a flying multi-rotor helicopter (duh!), and a video camera.

The five buckets will be arranged around a circle of about fifteen feet (5m) in diameter and should be placed to represent the points of a five point star. The string will be attached to your multi-rotor on one end and the other end will be tied to the ball (rock, barbie doll, gerbil (preferably a stuffed one), you decide). The goal is to take off from the center of the circle and then dunk the object into each bucket while flying the shape of a star. Get a good video of the event, add some creative style, beg for the approval of your peers and you may just walk away with the prize!

As with the last contest, we will vote for our five favorite video entries and then pick the final winner from the top five "vote getters". This is meant to keep it fun and to let the creative process keep as many flyers in the game as possible.

Flying counts but so does how you present it. There are NO GUIDELINES for voting so lack of flying skills can be offset by making an entertaining video but it must be seen that you are trying to fly the course.

Some things to keep in mind

• Actual contest videos should be limited to the flight itself. Out-takes, crashes, interesting commentary, bikini models that might wander by can all be posted as part of the contest thread but let's make it easy for voters to watch the actual entries by keeping them short.
  • A hanging weight can swing enough to upset the flight of your heli so start slow and get the feel for the weight before trying to impress the voters!
  • Wherever you decide to host your video, please put multirotorforums.com, DJI, and Wookong in the tags line of your video when you upload it. Please also title your video with "Multirotorforums.com Wookong Giveaway Entry" just so we know which video is the official entry.
  • As with past contests, please ask about details that don't make sense so we can get them straightened out ASAP.
  • Please have fun and no crying allowed.
  • If the wandering bikini models are lost, please refer them to me for directions. :)

CONTEST ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING TODAY AND ENDING NOVEMBER 30.

VOTING WILL BEGIN ON DECEMBER 1 AND WILL RUN FOR ONE WEEK.

EXPECT A WINNER TO BE CHOSEN ON OR ABOUT DECEMBER 9

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO View attachment 1096 FOR THEIR SUPPORT AND FOR THEIR GENEROUS DONATION OF A WOOKONG MULTI-ROTOR FLIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM!!!!!!!

http://www.dji-innovations.com/en/

Attachments

• Wookong Multi logo.png
    Wookong Multi logo.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 276
  • DJI logo.gif
    DJI logo.gif
    779 bytes · Views: 327
Last edited by a moderator:

Kilby

Good job, Bart. This is an exciting contest you have lined up for us. I can't wait to get started on my entry!

Bartman

I forgot to mention, website moderators (RTRyder and Droider) are eligible to win. NOT eligible to win are advertisers or those with a forum in the Vendor Support area.
I'll sit this out as well although I may post a video if I can fly that long without crashing.
Bart

Borneoben

Wow

Awesome Prize

I better get practicing!

This will surely bring the entries in!!

Great job Bart for arrangeing this and Great Job DJI for getting involved!

Ben

ovdt

Well done Bart. Even though I couldn't understand what to do, I'll post my video as soon as other guys post their videos :)

Bartman

I may be able to get my X650 back up and running with an OP board tonight. If so I'll try to get a video posted with a demonstration before the end of the weekend.
Bart

IceWind

Cool!
So if I got it right we have to jump into a bucket while flying a copter and wearing a bikini...

:tennis:Thanks for organizing this event, Bart.

We hope more and more people get to know DJI system. Combining modern design tools, innovative system design theory with advanced sensor and micro processor technologies, DJI will continue to meet customer needs, particularly in intelligent flight control system leading the industry.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi DJI, Terry?

Thanks for supporting this competition. Its nice when an actual Manufacture shows a interest in what people in the real world are doing with their kit..

Great stuff.. now just need to get my little quad up to try and win!

Chocks away

Dave

DennyR

Seems like the first thing you need for a winning entry is a Wookong M to hold that string steady!!!

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Seems like the first thing you need for a winning entry is a Wookong M to hold that string steady!!!

Get 2 dowel rods about 2ft long, make them into a cross and suspend under the landing gear. Tie the ball on using 4 pieces of string, one from each end of the rods, making a pyramid shape with the string...hey presto, steady ball!

Ps; if you win, I want half please ;)

Gunter.

DennyR

Maybe we should have rule clarification Bart as that seems an obvious suggestion, one piece of string with no stays or what?
Also how close to 'about ten feet' is acceptable - 6ft, 7ft, or 9.5 ft. shall we say 10 feet exactly? and the bucket size no larger than 12" Dia.
Any size of ball etc.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Maybe we should have rule clarification Bart as that seems an obvious suggestion, one piece of string with no stays or what?
Also how close to 'about ten feet' is acceptable - 6ft, 7ft, or 9.5 ft. shall we say 10 feet exactly? and the bucket size no larger than 12" Dia.
Any size of ball etc.

D.

Denny, I think the goal is more about originality and and flying, rather than getting everyone doing exactly the same thing...but that's just my take on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.