CS8 to X8 conversion - Herkules ESC III V3

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Okay parts are finished in the digital world. But they are going of to a CNC guy in the next days.

View attachment 7740

KW 10 arrived

View attachment 7741

And Herkules boards should be on its way soon

Boris

Attachments

• Final3dhalter.jpg
    Final3dhalter.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 309
  • kw10.jpg
    kw10.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 383

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
Oh the KW series thanks for clarifying, by the way I've always wanted to buy from Kopterworx but I dont see Singapore on the list or I cant get the shipping calculation but I know my friend buys his Cinestar and other things from Kopterworx dont know how that works. ANayway Sorry for OT...

Boris looking forward for the final build

krleas

FPV Freak
Oh the KW series thanks for clarifying, by the way I've always wanted to buy from Kopterworx but I dont see Singapore on the list or I cant get the shipping calculation but I know my friend buys his Cinestar and other things from Kopterworx dont know how that works. ANayway Sorry for OT...

Boris looking forward for the final build

Strange i will check where is problem right now. Thanks for info.

I check it, we have all shippign rates for Singapore, can u send me on email your username, so i can see where is problem, thanks.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Herks arrived :)

Munting them tomorrow. A little sad that they come assembled to the cooling plate and with the power cable and elkos already soldered actual like doing that. But I understand the troubles with the versions before hand who some delt with them and messed them up soldering wise.

View attachment 7811View attachment 7812

Boris

Attachments

• Herks1small.jpg
    Herks1small.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 227
  • Herks2web.jpg
    Herks2web.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 250

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
think I am going to mount it directly under the center plate, just a little close to he plate though.
Nicely protected and close to the lipos which will be under it.

View attachment 7815

Attachments

• P1020400.jpg
    P1020400.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 281

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
small changes conceding HV3:

LEDs are on without PPM being connected. ESCs give a startup signal without ppm being connected. The ESC themselves will signalize that they are on and a motors is connected with a beep. Motor connected and PPM will result in the motors additionally signalizing the boot up ! LEDS go out if there is a PPM input an turn on again when the motors start. More thought trough !

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Quick one for those that already installed the Herks with a WKM system.

Do i need to bring the GND from the PPM now or not ? Does the jumper need to be closed ?

Asking because in the previous Herk version it was not a problem to not bring the GND from the WKM MC, PPM only would work.

Now testing the the Herks3V3 with a servo tester the ground from the servos tester was needed.

Thanks

Boris

View attachment 7858

Attachments

• HerkulesConnections.jpg
    HerkulesConnections.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 431
Last edited by a moderator:

achta

du kannst alle Flachbandkabel verbinden,/ you can connect all Cables to the adapter,
Jumper leave open :)
on wookong systems..

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
thanks michi. I was mainly concerned if I have to bring the GND from the MC which i don't particular like since in my eyes its a GND loop. Having GND coming from the Flachbandkabel and from the MC. On the old Herks it was no problem to leave out the GND from the MC and this time it seems like it docent work.
Just going to try it out directly connected to the MC and not the servo tester. Testing this shouldn't cause any issue for the herks !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
finished installation of the herks.

Didn't use hot glue on the Elkos prefer Silicon hold better and give extra vibration dampening. The herks themselves are mounted to the CS8 vibration dampeners. Should additionally give some dampening to them !
Probably going to cover the soldering joints of the motors wires with some liquid tape just to isolated them !

View attachment 7891

Kept the cables long enough to take of the herks and to have access to them.

View attachment 7892

Mounting under the frame makes sense for me since they have extra protection and space it given since the x8 conf and the adapter for the S800 landdingger and zenmuse setup.

View attachment 7893

Attachments

• Herk1a.jpg
    Herk1a.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 313
  • Herks2a.jpg
    Herks2a.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 267
  • Herks3qqqa.jpg
    Herks3qqqa.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 333

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
don't think so. I am waiting for cnc´ed parts and by the way its going it will take another 2 weeks ;( Might do a waste basket landing gear and back 10 KG into it and do some 12 -- 14 kg tests before. But not in vienna want to go to the country side for this. Just to risky killing someone !

Boris won't this approach of mounting the Herkules under the frame and the Zenmuse even lower create a pendulum effect messing with the frames center of gravity?
Are you trying to keep the Herk away of the IMU and GPS?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Boris won't this approach of mounting the Herkules under the frame and the Zenmuse even lower create a pendulum effect messing with the frames center of gravity?
Are you trying to keep the Herk away of the IMU and GPS?

Tot tell the truth one of my best flying wkm birds, in the attributes what is needed for a cam plattform was my first rc carbon 900 build. The weight was heavily distributed under the frame (av /130 canon and the lipo on top of the av 130). Since Dji also went the way of creating a bottom heavy bird S800, i was convinced to follow that path again. Besides the arms issuses and props the s800 has very good flight characteristics in my eyes!

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
but if things go wrong and i have to change its also possible. Desolder Hekrs mount on top WKM components on a second plate. Lipos on the arms or over the top. I need the spec between the center plate and the landing gear though to keep the props oout of the pic and to be able to use the S800 retracesm which ever version it will be to have them far enough away from the props

Boris