TBS Discovery Pro

kloner

Aerial DP
you could even unsolder that tab to make sure your not messing up..... the voltage going into the immersion vtx should be soldered to the same pad as your esc's get power from. the cam tab should be soldered to 12v and wired normaly through core and osd....

SamaraMedia

I was just looking at the wiring diagram the 600mw vtx I have and as you stated it looks like the vtx pad is in-soldered, guess I'm ok then. So the pad is only meant to be soldered if you are using a direct Molex plugin for your vtx

kloner

Aerial DP
it controls core power output,,, for vtx like lawmate and others that need to be regulated. the stock disco core setup really only handles a 500mw or smaller vtx and if it's an immersion, doesn't need to draw regulated power so it puts less stress on core which will act up a tad when it gets hot out so less stress the better.

SamaraMedia

Success! Wired up the new vtx tonight and everything checks out, finally. Looking forward to a maiden with eyes on this weekend, love these Kloner arms! Thanks for all the help in sorting out the electronics.

After firing it all up and going through the core menu I realized it doesn't give a whole lot of info and since I'm using Futaba which doesn't support RSSI what options do I have for a more robust OSD at a reasonable cost?

kloner

Aerial DP
if the radio has telemetry and your not planning going ezuhf use that. immersion ezosd is another option, looks like this

Last edited by a moderator:

TBS MOB

hey kloner ive been emailing your website about some pulled brass on a few of my mounts and was asked for a address....and its been about a week....would you know what else i would need to do to find out if they are going to be replaced...let me know...thanks!

kloner

Aerial DP
I'll go yell at them for ya. if they tell you there out let me know, i have a small personal stash i'll dip into take care of ya.

pm me your name so we can figure out who you are

kloner

Aerial DP
there response was that they replied to you 9 days ago.... asking for an address, can you get back to the support request and please just send that info, they will get replacement parts out asap. do not reply to the email, login to aerialmob.com/support

TBS MOB

Klone...Thanks man!... they sent my replacements plus an extra....! ordered the tbs 400kv motors and the 15" props....cant wait to try them out...Thanks!

beo1329

Hi Boltzman, which backpack are you using here? Thanks.

Packing up my Klonerarms TBS NEX-5 Disco for a 3 weeks flying trip in the Philippines. Everything incl fpv equipment etc fits in a backpack. I will bring a full dual redudancy setup so I can go some extreme with flying. Waterbuoys, triple gps systems and gps trackers are set to recover from the most distant crashes. Keep you updated how the Klonerarms and GotheliRC VX5 gimbal delivers in these extreme conditions.

ura8y3yb.jpg
uvabu6e8.jpg