TBS Discovery Pro

kloner

Aerial DP
if you add them to a cart, i'm pretty sure they will ship really fast.... unless they are gone which they may be..... he has a huge pile heading his way in 45 days,,,,,

SamaraMedia

Kloner, I'm getting a mail delivery failure on that email address above. Sent note through your contact page on AerialMOB.

Thanks,

John

SamaraMedia

No problem, let the bugging begin ;}

Just noticed the AerialVisions in NY is listed on the TBS site and supposedly has your arms for sale, do you know if they have the V2? I know you;ve been talking about them being released soon so wondering if this new batch is the V2's?

BruceTS

There was still one hex arm kit available so I went ahead and purchase that as well, but still want another quad kit, I e-mailed Treg so hopefully it is the new upgraded kit

BruceTS

No problem, let the bugging begin ;}

Just noticed the AerialVisions in NY is listed on the TBS site and supposedly has your arms for sale, do you know if they have the V2? I know you;ve been talking about them being released soon so wondering if this new batch is the V2's?

This will be version 1.5 batch

kloner

Aerial DP
it is hard to say who has what at this point.... v1.5 are just getting shipped now..... If anybody has any warranty issues, hit me up now....

kloner

Aerial DP
no more cracking, inserts are a lot better, most are stepped now so they can not pull through no matter what, instead of using set screws to keep the boom in at the frame there is a bolt through the boom to prevent any possibility of slipping....however, we still recommend pinning the booms at the motor side once set.

V.2 are due in 45 days and have the registration on the motor side a lot like droidworx so there is less time in setting it up and has an oversized motor mount for the 50+mm motors to still easily mount. this one will no longer need the pinning..... and there is a lot of this v.2 in production, 10s of thousands of kits

SamaraMedia

Well I guess I can wait for another month or so, that will give me time to complete my original build and get a little used to it before making the upgrade. I'll keep watching this thread for product arrival.

Thanks guys,

henrysj

Changed the esc to Tmotor 30A Pro but the wobble persists. i've aligned then realigned the motors using a flat metal bar from one motor to the other as per kloner's video and they are prefect.

Will try different probs and then if still no luck try some stock dji arms to rule out for sure the alignment possibility.

Any more ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
try adding another battery to it to see if moving the throttle range up helps... we see a smaller version on this move even when perfect, but you want this to be less to give yourself margin....

kloner

Aerial DP
all my partners finally got chased around, but i'm far enough south it all missed us, can't even see smoke, can't smell smoke. 20 miles north. usually i'm the one spending the night at moms evacuated, i live in the heart of where the other big ones here went

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Changed the esc to Tmotor 30A Pro but the wobble persists. i've aligned then realigned the motors using a flat metal bar from one motor to the other as per kloner's video and they are prefect.

Will try different probs and then if still no luck try some stock dji arms to rule out for sure the alignment possibility.

Any more ideas?

Long arms, big props, low weight, and a DJI controller is the cause, at least in the case of what I've built.

IMG_3052a_zps1f784c34.jpg

On this one the arms and motor mounts are pinned in place and can't be in misalignment, still does the yaw twitch if there's the slightest bit of wind. Only in the calmest conditions with the ATTI gains dialed way down and the main gains tweaked via TX knob for the current conditions can I get anything resembling completely smooth flight whether it be straight and flat or banking turns. I keep both Basic and ATTI gains TX adjustable so I can get the best possible flight at the time of takeoff, trying to find fixed settings that work in all conditions just isn't possible with 390kv motors, 12 inch props, and 330mm arms. I've tried it with all 4 arms at 330mm as in the picture and the current setup with the front arms cut down to align the motors with each other front to rear, seems to work better with the shorter front arms.

This one uses essentially all the same parts as the large one except the arms are slightly longer than stock DJI and I'm using standard size 880kv motors with 9 inch props...

Flys flawlessly and with TX adjustable gains I can dial it in to be smooth as silk in almost any conditions you would want to fly in. Main differences are the motors are spinning faster, with smaller props they spool up faster, and with near standard length arms no one motor creates enough leverage on the frame to cause the flight controller to not be able to compensate, end result is a much smoother flight overall.

I've found adding weight to the long arm version does help as well as adjusting the CG to be a bit more rearward which loads the longer rear arms a little more and seems to tame the twitching a bit. That I can easily do as I have the battery slung underneath and held with Velcro straps, loosen both and slide the pack a bit in the desired direction and it's instant CG change.

Ken

henrysj

Thanks for all the advise.

Strapped another battery on underneath, did it before I saw ur post Ken so put it directly under the COG - it helped but didn't make a huge difference. Then saw your post Ken so dropped it right back so was directly underneath the internal battery - this again improved things even further so now with the combination at least it doesn't look like its gonna fall out the sky when it yaws however its still a long way off being smooth. With the 2 batteries in manual mode it hovers at 62% throttle - with the one battery I think it was about 51% using 13" Tmotor props.

Before I start chopping down the arms or even switching motors don't you have virtually the same setup as me Kloner? Your obviously getting good results with yours as we've seen in your awesome videos so I cant see how mine is so far off the mark.

kloner

Aerial DP
your running u5? 13" props?

Those u5 don't take a special esc? was it better or worse on tiger vs jedi? mine are butter smooth..... what brand props are they?

kloner

Aerial DP
couple more,,, are any of the motors hotter than the others?

take all the props off, fire up the motors and drag your nail along each motor, any feel rough?

the extreme rearward cg improving it makes me think a front motor is sub optimal

Last edited by a moderator: