Macsgrafs

Very nice Ed. please tell James he's done a great job, love the music as well. One thing that gets me..if this is the wilderness then how the hell did that shopping trolley get into it at 0:18 ;) ;) ;)

Ross

siim227

Damn, again ...
Thank you! Actually, not well .. I have not used with the fact, that I have to be rather far from object with my new camera (NEX 5), than with my old GoPro. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kari

There was so nice weather yesterday when i was driving home from work so i couldn't resist to stop and fly couple of flights.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
There was so nice weather yesterday when i was driving home from work so i couldn't resist to stop and fly couple of flights.

Really smooth, clean and sharp, well done. Same question as always ... what camera? That doesn't look like a NEX because you can see all the tiny branches instead of a smudgy fluff. I reckon you might even be using a video camcorder rather than a video capable stills camera. It's a MOS sensor, not CCD. The image is clearer than CCD and there is just a hint of the jello at 2:11.

BTS footage from our shoot with the Chase Jarvis team and the CineStar 8:

Cheers,
Jeff

Kari

Thanks MombasaFlash!

I used Panasonic SD90 camcorder. One problem with that camera is that it does jitter occasionally quite badly when tilting camera. I think this is due to optical stabilizer in camera.

Kari

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
OIS induced artefacts is something we all discover. OIS can be so effective in smoothing out your raw recorded images that it is hard to turn it off. Many claim they do because of the jitters it can cause during pans and camera moves. Arguably better to avoid those moves and benefit from the straight-line stability that OIS offers because software post-stabilisation is more destructive to overall image clarity.

Vortex

BTS footage from our shoot with the Chase Jarvis team and the CineStar 8:

Cheers,
Jeff

Hey Jeff, Nice to see some "Behind the scenes" vision. :)

What camera are you using on the viewfinder??

Regards,

Lance

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Had a little mess about with the Gopro 2 wide angle 1280x960 outside my house at sunset:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the community so thought this would be a good place to start getting involved.

This is my First video shooting many moving subjects. My 10th flight overall on the CS6

Cinestar 6 with CS 2 axis Gimbal straight out of the box and not well tuned. All manual flying no autonomous functions used.

Camera- GoPro HD mostly in the air

Will be working on getting better stable footage.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Here's a music video i did for a local musician. There are a few aerials at the very end.

Good question. It's a little CCD that I've been using on the 5Dmk2 and 5d for probably 7 years. Might be time for an update :)

Here is a quick flight from yesterday in Idaho:

Cheers,
Jeff

Hey Jeff ??

Thanks

Lance

Cinestar 6: 360 Gimbal 1st Flight Test

Hi all,

Hopefully this is ok to post a test flight here. This is the 1st flight with the new 3 axis Cinestar gimbal.

I've seen a lot of 360's on CS8's but I confirmed that it works just fine on my CS6 with only 3 vib isolators that come stock with the frame.

I would say that we have more tuning to do in order for this to be the best it can be. You will see a some jumpy frames in the vid. Most likely some small dials in MKT and some on the Radio itself.

No fpv- my stinger cable connector went "ca-put" last week

Way to go Quadrocopter/Freefly Systems!

My initial Flying observation is the new flying technique (need to focus on new visual cues) definitely different especially on this Multi and will need to figure out a good solution for better visual orientation. Perhaps some brighter LED's on the end of the back boom. Any suggestions welcome.

Sorry for rambling :nevreness:
TjD