Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
ken,
i can hardly hear the motors over the chainsaws in the background! so can we as a group say that the high freq. jitters are more of a problem with digital servos than with airframe vibrations?
i'm learning with the modifications i've been making to my MKTR mount (formerly Ken's, with digital servos, doh! Ken! what were you thinking?) that there is a big difference between isolating vibration and making the mechanicals sloppy. the MKTR has mounting plates cut from thin CF and they flex at least a quarter inch under the weight of batteries and camera mounts. in video that shows up as a bull whip effect as momentum shifts from one direction to another.
maybe what we need is a camera mount modifications thread. i've got four so far that i've done to the MKTR and the difference has been huge. i'd like to try the analog servo swap but i'll have to dig out the digital one that is in there.
so much to do, so little time.
bart

Went out fun flying the other day to test the MKTR but more importantly the Vixia which I think is on the fritz. Nothing great but Bart you can see where I'm at. This video is not stabilized but the speed has been reduced to 85% speed and it does help the fast jitters. Another problem is my Image Software seems to be corrupted and I can't get it to run cleanly. It ends up being worse stabilized which is very weird. It's doing things during the processing that it never has before. I'm using the same settings as normal and have tried others but doesn't correct itself. So like I said this is unstabilized.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0ijlpmDY2k&feature=channel_video_title

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
ken,
i can hardly hear the motors over the chainsaws in the background! so can we as a group say that the high freq. jitters are more of a problem with digital servos than with airframe vibrations?
i'm learning with the modifications i've been making to my MKTR mount (formerly Ken's, with digital servos, doh! Ken! what were you thinking?) that there is a big difference between isolating vibration and making the mechanicals sloppy. the MKTR has mounting plates cut from thin CF and they flex at least a quarter inch under the weight of batteries and camera mounts. in video that shows up as a bull whip effect as momentum shifts from one direction to another.
maybe what we need is a camera mount modifications thread. i've got four so far that i've done to the MKTR and the difference has been huge. i'd like to try the analog servo swap but i'll have to dig out the digital one that is in there.
so much to do, so little time.
bart

Hmmm, those "chainsaws" are your Xoar props up close and personal, at least from the GoPro's point of view! From the camera platform the Graupners on the AD-6 sound quieter though from the ground the Xoar props are definitely quieter and the Graupners louder...

Personally I think both the airframe vibrations and the digital servos are a problem when it comes to smoothness on a camera gimbal. Digital servos are great when you need the precision they're capable of, like on the cyclic of an RC heli, but if smoothness of motion is what you need regardless of the amount of motion, then an analog servo is better suited to the task. And those nice digitals on your mkTR, thank DJ at Photoship One for them, they're the stockers that came with it although in hindsight I may have been able to get it working much better had I swapped at least the roll servo for a good stout analog Hitec :rolleyes:

I also discovered somewhat by accident that some flight controllers and airframes are less tolerant of the weight of the mount and landing gear hanging down under them. The Hoverfly Pro would not fly steady with the Droidworx landing gear and AV 130 hung off the bottom of the MK quad frame its sitting on, works just fine with flexlander gear and the old Hisight II mount in place of the AV 130. I believe part of the problem was the imbalance of the 4S pack sitting behind the AV 130, had a definite rearward weight bias and the H/F didn't seem to like that much. I think if I had added some ballast to the camera platform to get the CG back to frame center it may have been a lot happier but it was just easier to swap the quad/HF for the stock MK Hexa to get everything flying correctly.

Ken

J.T.

Spiralling out of control
Yo JT nice pic.
They look like veins! Interesting. Not sure of the Geology down there but it looks like semi porous and none porous rock formations below the surface the porus allowing the water table up to the subsoil allowing the wheat over the seams to get their water.. PS quick fact the UK has the most diverse geology than any other place in the world.. well so I am reliably informed!

Nice evening shot of which estuary?

Droider,

River Blackwater, Thames estuary.

Jim.

Kilby

Hey thanks Ross
We are very lucky to live where we do, we still can't believe it. The only 'roo "chase" scene is in my FPV 8 - the cure video. Though its very short. The 'roos don't really care about my quadcopter, infact they sometimes try and "get" it as seen in the last scene of this video...

juz

Great flying, juz. I kept finding myself trying to duck as you were flying under the fence posts. Good job, and welcome to the site!

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

Juz, I remember watching this video a few weeks ago, love the way that roo took you out ;)
Im sure I left some comments on it, but cant rem too well (Im getting old ) :) :)
Great flying, impressively close may I add.

Ross

Macsgrafs

Nice smooth filming Jeff, I particulary like the first video, I always feel aerial video of water is stunning.

Ross

Jeff, Those are really, really good. I'm sorry if you've said it but what camera are you using? We're gonna be in the market for one soon. Thanks and again wow man!

CopterCam

Jeff,
Beautifully smooth footage and I detected a Golf Course near the Soccer Pitch ? Do you get any business from the Golf Industry ?

That Hexa and GH 2 make a great team............ !

Sid

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Warmupper, welcome to MRF. Beautiful part of the world. May be you could post up your set up in the new members thread. Its always nice to see what other people are flying and filming with.

Again welcome and I see you've jumped in theDW frame give-away good luck.

Dave

Emowillcox

Took some cool photos of a bridge going over the Colorado river out towards Austin, Texas

attachment.php
[/IMG]

attachment.php
[/IMG]

attachment.php
[/IMG]

My newest customer

attachment.php
[/IMG]

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yo Emo.. nice, blue sky now wind and the sun on your back.. i wish... rain and wuindy as hell here, wind has been here for weeks!