Emowillcox

Wow Jeff that is amazing video... really makes me almost embarrassed to post my videos on here. Work like yours inspires me to achieve better standards. The quality of the video isn’t bad but it is super impressive to see how smooth your footage is. What set up are you using.. maybe you already have it posted on here some where?
Okay just so people can see how good Jeff’s work is i’ll post mine ;-)
This video is from stuff I shot on Friday down at the beach.. I got hired to shoot photos of a condo down there and I took my quads, puppies, and wife to make a day of it.

PS It was super windy this day and my camera is mounted by velcro to my quaid

Last edited by a moderator:

juz

FPV pilot
Haha...a dog wearing sunnies! nice place to fly!

My videos are not smooth either, but that is not what I'm aiming for...

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Juz you just make me want to go fly FPV.. my FPV quad is almost ready.. cant wait now.. love the Kangaroos.. whats you range?

Dave

juz

FPV pilot
Juz you just make me want to go fly FPV.. my FPV quad is almost ready.. cant wait now.. love the Kangaroos.. whats you range?

Dave

Kool kool, thx Dave. I am building another FPV quad too. My range is limited by my 2.4ghz spektrum gear. Probably around 800 metres? Someone may correct me on 2.4ghz range. My 1.2ghz 300mW FPV gear will go much further than the rc gear will let me =[ I need a long range rc set up =]

...rules are made to be broken Stacky :D nice video

juz

Emowillcox

WOW guys nice work... Juz love your video and music.. who is the artist? Flying FPV is on my list of things to do.. I have the gear just have to set it up.. can't wait to try that experience. JUZ your fpv stuff is super cool how do you go so far.. do you get nervous about finding your way back? You have a great place to fly.
Stacky nice video as well... do you have floaties on your gear... just saw the shadow and wondered about your landing gear?
VillagePilot is brave flying at night.. I get turned around sometimes flying during the day I can't imagine what it would be like to fly at night... thanks guys for sharing those videos!

WOW guys nice work... Juz love your video and music.. who is the artist? Flying FPV is on my list of things to do.. I have the gear just have to set it up.. can't wait to try that experience. JUZ your fpv stuff is super cool how do you go so far.. do you get nervous about finding your way back? You have a great place to fly.
Stacky nice video as well... do you have floaties on your gear... just saw the shadow and wondered about your landing gear?
VillagePilot is brave flying at night.. I get turned around sometimes flying during the day I can't imagine what it would be like to fly at night... thanks guys for sharing those videos!

Thanks for the comment... Well just strap on some light and scare the neighbours Bro... Anyways, the board was doing most of the work... Its the FH-X46 board from Taiwan... Super Stable to fly at night... Warthox is using the board for FPV... Love the way he flies... Anyways, this board really helps and teach me how to fly Multirotors ... It has given me the comfidence to fly any Multirotor now...

Stacky

Hi Emo, yes I have the thin version of floaties on the landing gear. Will remove them as i get more consistent with my landings. I did have the usual size on but they have an impact on how it flies. These have less impact with a wind. Thanks Mike

juz

FPV pilot

Hey thanks. I am glad that you enjoyed the ride. No special gear .. 1.3ghz 300mW (IBCrazy vee antenna) on diversity (with 8dBi patch and 3 dBi omni) can get anyone with a multicopter as far as they dare to fly. I use eagletree OSD so I know exactly where I am (I also know the areas I fly really well, as they are usually where I work).

juz

Emowillcox

Hi juz thanks for the info and you have a cool place to work and fly. Who was the artist with the cool music?

Edit
Okay I found it..

Mr Little Jeans "the suburbs”

I’ll have to check them out.. keep up the cool videos!

Emowillcox

HI Stacky... I thought maybe you were going to tell you were using the floats for landing on the water

Hi Emo, yes I have the thin version of floaties on the landing gear. Will remove them as i get more consistent with my landings. I did have the usual size on but they have an impact on how it flies. These have less impact with a wind. Thanks Mike

Stacky

Ha, no but theres a thought..... Truth is Im havent been doing this long and I had damaged my landing gear with rough landings so I started using the pool noodles to buffer. Ive got better and my landings are usually very nice now so I can probably look at removing them soon. Sort of like training wheels on a kids bike....

Kilby

Got the tricopter tuned in much better now. CopterControl is working great. Also swapped out motors for Flycam 925's. Much smoother now. Shot a little later (darker) than I should have, but I was working on it all day. ;-)

Emowillcox

Cool stuff Kilby.. just curious what your opinion is in the difference that makes the flycam motors smoothers. I am working on some homemade stuff and trying to figure out what motors to work with? You got me at the end of the video.. I thought you hit a branch or something and were going to crash!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Nice kilby especially coz u have fixed camera.. did you tune your cc after watching the video?

Kilby

Droider, I did watch the video and get all inspired to tune it. I tried a whole bunch of stuff, but in the end I came back to almost stock settings. They just seemed to work with only a little bit of tweaking.

I've been out all morning and I can't get over how much better this is flying now. I think I still have just a little more more GCS tuning to do (little more help with wind), but it's 98% there. FPV is a breeze now! more video to come soon.

Kilby

Got a little more tuning done and reached a new personal best. This is by far the highest I have ever flown. The entire flight was in the FPV goggles.

265076_10150245865799029_836259028_7356382_5728414  _n.jpg