kloner

Aerial DP
no studer at all on mbp with retina display..... man, that's the heart of great white country. Think i'd take up skate boarding if i lived there

Paul7060

Hi Ben, Yes it's absolutely beautiful out here in the Pacific NorthWest. Just as an experiment, does my vimeo video stutter at all? I have upgraded the file to 1080p, rather than the default 720p. It may just be that my computer's graphic card can't handle the video. This is just a little GoPro Hero3+.
Very relaxing Like sound track . And the view It's Northern California!!. Road my motorcycle from Long Beach too [FONT=&amp]Vancouver Island then back the down the coast the whole way, with Gas Card and $600 in my pocket[/FONT]. With the ocean on your shoulder the whole time was grand ride.

Last edited by a moderator:

tonyh0905

Seagull playing with DJI F450!

Out for a short test flight with the new 4S 5000mAh lipo, when a young seagull started following me around! Must have thought the 450 was it's mother!
Sorry for the shaky vid, the wind was at about 25mph, and I didn't have the gimbal fitted.

http://youtu.be/bQLMoR7AzHQ

tonyh0905

F450 FPV flight ove Duffryn Gardens

Today was the first nice day we have had for about a month so I had to take advantage of it.

This is Duffryn House. A manor house and botanic gardens not far from where I live in the Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales.

http://youtu.be/Bisr22bVRMU

Maverick

Just a few short clips of some stuff I did during the Summer of 2013...

DroidWorx ADX-3 V3 with Sony Nex 5n w/16mm pancake lens...

Sony CX410VE :

Last edited by a moderator:

Quinton

Its not been shown yet! TONIGHT!

BBC1 Panorama 8.30pm Monday 17th Feb

dave

Nice one Dave, just watched it..
100% of those shots were overwater, Im sure you were a bit worried about that, and they used a LOT of your footage.
The shot going through the gates during the title was really nice.

Would be interested in knowing what settings you used on camera, as there was a really long high pan shot about 8 mins in, you could see the water looked pinkish, but towards the end of the pan it started to turn completely grey (Possibly white balance was on automatic, and it got confused)

That is a really good one to have under your belt, well done!
I've never watched Panorama with so much interest before :)

And I am sure you learned a lot on those shoots.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@Quinton. Thanks for the comments. Basically it was about flooding so yup only take of and landings where over dry land and some of them weren't! Table take off and landings on everything. I have no problems flying over water. Once to resign yourself to the fact you either get the shot or you don't , you do the work or you dont get it I just switch off and dont think about the water. + you have to be 100% into your machine. As far as the lighting was concerned it was always going to be a hard one. There were SO many variables. I think jo public will not have been looking to hard but keen eye pros will have seen all sorts of niggly bits BUT thats the nature of the beast.

@Maverik.. Nice work.. where they all done with my baby?

Dave

Maverick

Yes Dave - all done with your baby!!!... Thanks for the comment!

I'm in the middle of upgrading the camera gimbal from AV130 to a DYS 3-Axis BLG, w/AlexMos controller... I started it way before Xmas, but never got round to finishing it, because of too many other things going on right now, and no real panic cos of the weather... Have to get my finger out though!...

BTW, nice work on Panorama... Smooth.... My next upload will be of jet-skiing that I filmed during the summer, out over the sea... You're right - you just have to trust your machine, and not even think about the water!...

Ronan.

Quinton

You're right - you just have to trust your machine, and not even think about the water!...

Ronan.

I used to be 100% confident with my machine, until I had a motor go out, then it made me think twice of what could happen at any time. (Maybe best thing that could happen)
Luckily it had no gimbal/camera on at the time and I can bring it down without Yaw axis (also wish I started with an x4 for more redundancy)
BTW Ronan that ARMBGC V3.5 finally came last week, pretty quick considering I ordered it in November LOL (Armenian Post)

Quinton

LOL... That really was "snail mail"... So, what's your plans for it, now that you've got your Zenmuse...?

Maybe try and get it going with a BMPCC, although I am just holding off on it for a bit just in case a new camera is released like version 2 BMPCC :)
You never know these days what's just around the corner.

Maverick

Maybe try and get it going with a BMPCC, although I am just holding off on it for a bit just in case a new camera is released like version 2 BMPCC :)
You never know these days what's just around the corner.

That's the truth!... Technology is moving so fast!... Well, if I can get my BL conversion tuned right, I'll be happy enough for now!...