Show us your FPV Multicopter

SamaraMedia

Thanks SMP, having a little difficulty getting the PID settings right with the OP CC3D after adding the additional weight in the front and larger battery but the initial flight performance of the Alexmos is pretty amazing.

Here's a few other photos of the DIY gimbal:

View attachment 12210

View attachment 12211

Only problem I have now is that I nicked the GP lens on a landing this weekend and trying to figure our a cure ( purchase a GP3 or aftermarket lens for this camera)

John

Attachments

• SBG 01.JPG
    SBG 01.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 807
  • SBG 02.JPG
    SBG 02.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 688

amicu1

DJI F550 - hexacopter kit
Naza V2 - flight controller
Spektrum DX8 - RX
AR8000 - TX
TM1000 - Telemetry (altitude, voltage monitor)
Immersion RC - 5.8 gHZ 600 mW transmitter
Arris CM2000 gimbal
GoPro 3 Black

I've included below a couple of videos from my YouTube channel

Last edited by a moderator:

Here's mine...
View attachment 13185View attachment 13186View attachment 13187

FPV config:
Fatshark 250mw tx 5.8
Attitude SD
Bluebeam antennas
Hobbyking FPV switcher
Fatshark 420 CCD + Gimballed gopro
MinimOSD (soon to be replaced with ezOSD)

Rest of the specs are from "hardy" below.

RCtimer gimbal now replaced with new quadframe gimbal, designed to go with the legs. Results are...less than satisfactory, but I've only flown once with it, so no doubt tuning is required. Here is a windy day sample shot (I was flying FPV on the gopro that day, as the wind was bouncing the quad around something terrible...flying via the gimbal was great!)

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 750
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 657
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 647

Cswann821

View attachment 13374HERE is my NEXT LEVEL 650 QUAD. I got a lot of help from randy at RCDUDE.com. On the quad, I'm running a 800mw VTX with circular polarization IBCRAZY antenna setup. My ground station is a used Pelican case I got of craigslist with a 19" LCD proven not to blue screen, bought refurbished for 90.00 bucks. None the less, with the DJ NAZA M VII, Futaba S-bus RX, Skylark Trace IV OSD, 1.3mah 3s lipo to power the cam and TX, 4s 5000mah to power everything else, she weighs in at 5.76lbs. View attachment 13372View attachment 13373

Attachments

• QUAD 1.jpg
    QUAD 1.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 633
  • QUAD 2.jpg
    QUAD 2.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 572
  • QUAD 3.jpg
    QUAD 3.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 631

mutley2

A few pic's of my Disco, she's less than a week old and this is my first quad/FPV and she's still missing a few bits ie an iOSD, love seat and flash card, will tidy her up when Ive got all the kit on board. My disco has Naza V2 GPS with ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW VTX, Gopro hero 3 black (only camera on board), AR8000 & sat 2.4GHz and DJI 920Kv motors with stock DJI arms and esc's. I live on the welsh border and Have enjoyed today looking for sites to play, a few pic's View attachment 13382View attachment 13383View attachment 13384View attachment 13385 Last Pic is of a 5.8 GHz Skew-Planar antenna I built yesterday, only running rubber ducks at the mo.

Attachments

• Ground shot (2).jpg
    Ground shot (2).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 644
  • Disco in the sky (2).JPG
    Disco in the sky (2).JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 619
  • IMG_0616.jpg
    IMG_0616.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 600
  • Antenna.jpg
    Antenna.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 592

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
My completely homebrew 3D printed frame FPV quad...

The original testbed...

Both are being flown on a regular basis, the orange and black has a Naza lite, the other is a Multiwii Pro. The Multiwii version is the performance machine, the Naza flys just as well but is more stable at very low speeds so it gets used for tight quarters and flying through obstacle filled areas like the woods surrounding the flying field.

Ken

FerdinandK

Here my two new foldable birds, "Snapper" with GoPro on Gimbal and FPV-cam, the "Manta" with GoPro on Gimbal only

Flighttimes are 30 and 35min

best regards
Ferdinand

SamaraMedia

Those are a couple of sweet machines! Very clean builds! Any particular reason you have the motors on the X4 pointing down rather than the more traditional position?

Will these be available for purchase? Impressive flight times.

John

FerdinandK

Hello John,

The reason for the motors pointing down is, that the needed box (for transport) can be smaller, since the GPS-mast will be removed (FPV-Antenna can be turned), and then everything (motor,props, landing-legs, gimbal...) is below. The flighttimes are mostly due to the batteries used, Gencace 4S12500mAh at 1000gr and GensAce 4S16000mAh at 1300gr.

Here the two when folded:
PIC_1056.JPG

The "Snapper" you can get here:
http://www.globe-flight.de/Black-Snapper-The-Folding-Quad
The "Manta" here:
http://www.eyefly.info/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=118

best regards
Ferdinand

SamaraMedia

Thanks Ferdinand. Not that I need "another quad" but these are very tempting works. Always enjoy your posts and work.

John

Hummingbird.UAV

Hummingbird.UAV
The first version of this machine did not work very well. This time I installed the FPV camera, a 600 line Sony board cam, and VTx on the front (or some my say back) of the craft using its own 500mA 3S battery. Much better results with no image break-up and a clean noise free picture. I strapped my old HERO camera to the underside of the copter using Velcro, it only reduced the flight time, which is 10 minutes by 1 minute. The copter is powered by a 4S battery, prop size is 8". I think the trick to making a good FPV machine is it must be correctly balanced, i.e. the centre of gravity is right on the centre of lift.
The evening was calm resulting in very smooth video. It's not real exciting, its only the 10 FPV flight.
http://youtu.be/ZWwMJVDp2WU

Don't know why there is no video window, only a link. Insert video button does not work.

Hummingbird.UAV

Hummingbird.UAV
OK so the little quad is getting a rest and now its time to FPV the big hexa. Here are bits of my 2nd & 3rd flight with the machine, a Tarot T960. The first flight was a bit reserved so I could test out the range of the 200 mW 5.8GHz video Tx. The flight below is in a half km diameter circle with glitch free video all around. This FPV flying is really addictive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OgHjRR5aiM&list=UUR1JQRDQCNbtATJ38vvRF8A

Still don't know why video only shows up as a link, this boards software sucks.

kloner

Aerial DP
in the first link you have the http://youtu.be/ZWwMJVDp2WU see how the youtu.be is, only works on a mac....

in this one you copied the link right,,,, you could get rid of the &list=UUR1JQRDQCNbtATJ38vvRF8A part but that works when you click the little video icon above and put in the everything before & in the link... like this

I came from helifreak and runryder and had a similar learning curve....