Photohigher skyline rsgs

nicwilke

Hey Hey Hey.... Woah!!!!! All this screaming for 1.2.0 and its only pre-release. PH will release official instructions with the official release. There's obviously a whole lot of beta firmware sharing going on and no detailed instructions.
If you have 1.2.0, and are freely sharing it with people, do them the decency and provide detailed info on how to set it up. Otherwise you will ruin your servos, gears and gimbals (and skylines) all for trying to use a test release. My suggestion is to wait for the release of the official software combo, and the official instructions. My emails are running hot "how do I do this, can I have that, This is not working that".......

Hold you're horses please, they are nearly there with the fix.

Now, for those who have 1.2.0 and the 1.8 loading and tuning software, do this:

1. Make 2 male pot dummies and plug them into the pot connectors of the servos. This is 2x 2.5ohm resistors that bridge the outer pins to the center pins.
2. Connect tilt servo to tilt output of the skyline cable
3. Connect roll servo to the PAN output of the skyline cable
4. Disconnect the roll servo gear wheel so the roll is free moving
5. Remove the tilt belt so the tilt is free moving
6. Power the skyline with 6v to any female connector spare on the skyline cable. Now connect via usb as normal (pan input).
6. Flash the skyline with 1.2.0 from the 1.8 software. If you don't know how to do that, go read 'Miffy goes flying, by D1ck Bruna' and wait for PH to release the official release - WHICH I ADVISE YOU ALL TO DO.
7. AV130 users, reverse servos. AV200 leave as is.
8. Manually level the tray with a spirit level, and tune the servo adjustments in software. Try starting at -2600 or something like that. You will hear servos slow down. Keep decreasing until the servos are stopped.
9. Once servos are stopped, test the skyline is reading angles by roll and tilting the tray, you will actuate the servos until you level the tray. When this is successful, turn servos off in software, save, and connect it all up again.
10. Do you gains, but do them with a camera attached. Start in 100 for all values, and then test, then change at your own desire.

I've found the 1.2.0 really good, and exposing small errors in my actual multirotors performance. Don't expect the skyline and gimbal to cover up a poorly setup machine, mine is quite good, but the skyline cannot compensate for bad vibrations coming from the props/motors or erratic flying. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm on 1.1.7 now, it works fine, even with auto-tune, but is full of jitter until I unplug one of the servos. If I use skyline only for tilt or only for roll it works very good.

Does anyone have a good power scheme for me how to power the reveiver/skyline & the servos separately? That should help, right?
I don't really understand the scheme I found on photohigher site.

nicwilke

I'm on 1.1.7 now, it works fine, even with auto-tune, but is full of jitter until I unplug one of the servos. If I use skyline only for tilt or only for roll it works very good.

Does anyone have a good power scheme for me how to power the reveiver/skyline & the servos separately? That should help, right?
I don't really understand the scheme I found on photohigher site.

Um. Read back several pages mate. We've all moved to 1.2 jitter free.

Thomb

Well its working now with 1.2 and the dummy pots. finally some flying again. thanks a lot for the info Nic!:livid:

How does it come, that the stabilization is fast&perfect when I hold the Hexacopter in my hands but when I fly it's a bit too slow?
Of course I have separate batteries for the hexacopter and the remotehead/skyline.
I had the same problem with MK stabilization (with separate batteries, too).
Any ideas?

PondMedic

Does anyone know what day FW 1.2 will be released this week? Will dummy pots be required? Can't wait to use my gimbal again with a RSGS that doesn't do the jitter-bug! Photohigher - just give me something that works and doesn't have to be hacked!