Photohigher skyline rsgs

Blacksails

I had a quick flight today and it seems that she's working as advertised with 600ish for roll and 400ish for tilt. This was based on looking at the video feed though, not recorded anything yet. Will do this week though and post results. What I will say is it was good enough that my camera operator didn't realise I was violently throwing it from left to right, he said the camera didn't budge. I'm pleased.

I had a quick flight today and it seems that she's working as advertised with 600ish for roll and 400ish for tilt. This was based on looking at the video feed though, not recorded anything yet. Will do this week though and post results. What I will say is it was good enough that my camera operator didn't realise I was violently throwing it from left to right. I'm pleased.

In the end (after all of the proposed fixes, wiring, dampers, washers,etc.) what did you have to do to make your RSGS attain these positive results?

Blacksails

In the end (after all of the proposed fixes, wiring, dampers, washers,etc.) what did you have to do to make your RSGS attain these positive results?

I posted what I did a page or two back with a video. Basically, made sure all my belts were tight and added two felt washers to each servo. Running 1.1.7. Get slight twitching when it's sat on the deck but not when it's airbourne. I also balanced the payload

hdj912

Instead of adding the felt washers i filled up the servo gearcases with bearing grease. Seems to help a lot against the jittering.

I posted what I did a page or two back with a video. Basically, made sure all my belts were tight and added two felt washers to each servo. Running 1.1.7. Get slight twitching when it's sat on the deck but not when it's airbourne. I also balanced the payload

Blacksails: Sorry about that. I forgot that you had already taken the time to explain exactly what you did a few pages back. This was very helpful.

Blacksails

Blacksails: Sorry about that. I forgot that you had already taken the time to explain exactly what you did a few pages back. This was very helpful.

Ah, no worries man. I only said in case you had missed it and wanted to watch the vid. Wasn't meant to sound hostile =)

Ah, no worries man. I only said in case you had missed it and wanted to watch the vid. Wasn't meant to sound hostile =)

If you were being hostile you would have pointed out that I was a blind knucklehead for having missed something that you had so generously taken the time to provide :) I am working on my AV200 at this moment adding some more felt behind the roll servo gear and playing around with my rotary damper to make a better mount for it. I hope to be able to have some of these higher gains that some of you guys are able to achieve and then I'll pull it all together and see how it flies. Thanks again.

@Rancherpete

Does your roll servo gear also touch the servo housing?

No, I do not think that it did touch but now that I have added the felt between the gear and the servo friction is created so, in a sense it does touch in that regard. PH sent out a few of the WRONG gear which did touch and it took me 6 weeks and two tries to finally get the right one. This whole thing with my new RSGS and the AV00 has been a complete nightmare. I am just trying to salvage some use out of this setup until I can buy something else. I already have a Hoverfly Gimbal controller on the way but until DJI can come up with a Zen that can handle the Full-frame DSLRs (like the Canon 5DM2) I am stuck with this mess and only hope that I can get some use out of it to justify the $1,500 and endless hours that I have invested in it.

lld

Have we all given up? :/

I did

Hoverfly gimbal control is ordered. Wasted too much time for a result which is not better than outputs of WKM.

Wished that more testing was done before releasing this product.......

Ro

Dominic

I have had a £285, piece of trash sitting on my desk for weeks now, I forgot to say it's the skyline from photo higher. DO A GLOBAL RE-CALL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

lld

Seems that indeed a recall would be in place. My local reseller would not take it back as I used it :-(

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates. Here's some more info on where I'm at.

I have got some pan stabilisation working, there is very little drift will complete a full rotation in about 20 minutes. the Savox SC-0252 seems to move a bit fast when it first starts moving even when controlled by a transmitter which may be a challenge.
Here's a clip of Kim playing with it :

I've put all the gains in the software interface (including the integral gain so it's possible to do the complete PID tuning manually) and the fine tuning for the centering is back.

I've added a bessel filter instead of relying on the filtering on the gyro chip.

I'm embedding the firmware file into the software so that the firmware always matches the correct software.

I'll try to get a test version of this out soon.

nicwilke

Hi Guys,

I have got some pan stabilisation working, there is very little drift will complete a full rotation in about 20 minutes. the Savox SC-0252 seems to move a bit fast when it first starts moving even when controlled by a transmitter which may be a challenge.

I've put all the gains in the software interface (including the integral gain so it's possible to do the complete PID tuning manually) and the fine tuning for the centering is back.

I've added a bessel filter instead of relying on the filtering on the gyro chip.

I'm embedding the firmware file into the software so that the firmware always matches the correct software.

Thanks, Looking good. I'm on board with this and am not jumping ship yet since I'm getting there with it. I've got my AV130 with RSGS setup nearly perfectly. I think my only issues are caused by one or 2 badly calibrated ESC end points, causing my flight controller to make my ADX-4 X8 wobble. With the recalibration I did today, then a full set of new props, I'm ready to see the magic!!!!

Can people please refrain from using derogatorily name calling when referring to Photohigher staff... It's childish, and only makes you look like silly.

DennyR

Hi Guys,

Well that pan is far to slow to be of use to anyone.

The fact remains that to get the tilt working correctly it needs a dampener to stop oscillation when the gains are set to the required level. Even with three separate power supplies there is noise on the V.ref return line to the servo amp board. Should you not be looking at that in the first instance. Even when the servo is not moving you have a temp rise on that servo because of this.