Photohigher skyline rsgs

DennyR

Denny, you mean "Axsys Technologies", which is General Dynamics, which is Cineflex. Do you have a link to (or the numbers of) the patents you're referring to?
No I don't have those details, I had access to a white paper from about four years ago which I was told to never publish OR ELSE....

The extra ordinary performance of the Cineflex is well known about, but the mil spec stuff is a bit more advanced. I was once in a press de-briefing room when a couple of Pilots walked in and one said anyone recognize these guys, It was us. Head and shoulders shot of a few photographers, it was taken from 8 kilometers away. I remember seeing the helicopter on the horizon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Is there any downside if i connect the pan servo directly to receiver instead of going thru the Skyline? By this i'll have pan control and roll & tilt stabilisation and tilt control.
Hi,

it's recommended in fact :)
Actualy the skyline doesn't handle the roll control nor the pan control.
to have the pan control, you must plug your pan servo into the receiver. Before powering, remove the belt o your pan sero and then power up your system. once done, trim your pan servo in order to avoid it spinning continuously.
then power off evrything, replace the belt.
the skyline must be perfectly immobile while warming up to calibrate the gyros.
if your pan is spinning, the skyline will make a bad calibration.

iscorama

I doubt we will ever see advertised "Three axes stabilisation - Rock Solid!
Pan, tilt and roll stabilisation" on skyline....

I would be very happy to see roll and tilt rock solid and option to connect pan control through skyline to avoid any drifting !
I would really be happy with that !

Need some help

Just received my Skyline and It seems dead. Nothing happens. I followed the instructions, selected the proper COMx port (4 in my case) and I cannot seem to get the computer to recognize the Skyline.

What am I doing wrong? or did I get a dud?

Dominic

I can not believe this, we pre-ordered the skyline it came and has never worked yet, it's just sitting on my desk collecting bloody dust. They are a bunch of total jokers.
We will never order from them again! We have the AV130 in conjunction with the Cannon 550D. It was advertised that they would work together and now they don't' what the hell is going on with Photohigher! I can not tell you how pi##ed off we are with them utter bloody jokers.

yours Dominic
Rotorshot.co.uk

brand new av200 skyline for sale

new never flown av200-missing pots as they were removed and thrown in the trash when I received my Skyline.

New never flown Skyline RSGS-it's a bit nervous

Brand new 72 tooth roll gear on the AV200-after waiting for more than a month for PH to send me a replacment for my "how did this make it past QC from the factory off center roll gear"- I ordered one from Servo City, wonder why Photo Higher wouldn't order a bunch from servo city to replace all of the defective gears that left their factory on $1000+ gimbals. this gear was so off center that it would only move an inch in either direction before it bound and ground to a halt, anyway thats fixed now at my expense and included with the sale.

2 castle pro BEC brand new never flown, purchased to supply seperate power to the servos to "fix" the twitch, your results may vary, did nothing but burn more of my $$$

I did solve the twitching in both roll and tilt even with the gains turned up to a reasonable level, take the tilt belt off and the roll gear off and the thing is dead calm

make me an offer I cant refuse so I can buy a functioning system-full And honest disclosure requires that I tell all potential buyers that this thing sucks and may or may not ever work as advertised

m4rc0nd35

I bought my RSGs 90 days ago, have not yet receive, Glen Rineer (President UavRotorKing.com) charged $30 freight sent by letter to a little over 35 days, I hope it does not get in trouble.

many people have made fortunes at our expense, is inadmissible.

Tretch5000

So what i find weird is,,, that when i use 2 FreeFly Servo's i get no jitter at all.
but when i use two savox servo's i get servo jitter. I just upgraded from FW 1.1.3 to the new 1.1.6 and yet i still have the servo jitter.

I also noticed that when i use freefly servo's the fet's get really hot. but only when connected to the skyline, when i connect it to the MK board they run as expected.
i have fried two freefly servo's doing nothing at all with the skyline.
the gimabl is just sitting on the desk nice and level with no camera in the gimbal at all. they are just idle with no load.
I don't get this skyline controller at all. my frustration level is growing more and more by the day with this thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

So what i find weird is,,, that when i use 2 FreeFly Servo's i get no jitter at all.
but when i use two savox servo's i get servo jitter. I just upgraded from FW 1.1.3 to the new 1.1.6 and yet i still have the servo jitter.

I also noticed that when i use freefly servo's the fet's get really hot. but only when connected to the skyline, when i connect it to the MK board they run as expected.
i have fried two freefly servo's doing nothing at all with the skyline.
the gimabl is just sitting on the desk nice and level with no camera in the gimbal at all. they are just idle with no load.
I don't get this skyline controller at all. my frustration level is growing more and more by the day with this thing.

Hi,

the skyline is designed for Photohigher gimbals. their is no support for other gimbals or servo other than those used on AV100/130/200.

The skyline is working by sending an idle signal to the servo an it controls it by the potentiometer input. The Hitec servo are not comptabile with this, so the freefly I think.

new never flown av200-missing pots as they were removed and thrown in the trash when I received my Skyline.

New never flown Skyline RSGS-it's a bit nervous

Brand new 72 tooth roll gear on the AV200-after waiting for more than a month for PH to send me a replacment for my "how did this make it past QC from the factory off center roll gear"- I ordered one from Servo City, wonder why Photo Higher wouldn't order a bunch from servo city to replace all of the defective gears that left their factory on $1000+ gimbals. this gear was so off center that it would only move an inch in either direction before it bound and ground to a halt, anyway thats fixed now at my expense and included with the sale.

2 castle pro BEC brand new never flown, purchased to supply seperate power to the servos to "fix" the twitch, your results may vary, did nothing but burn more of my $$$

I did solve the twitching in both roll and tilt even with the gains turned up to a reasonable level, take the tilt belt off and the roll gear off and the thing is dead calm

make me an offer I cant refuse so I can buy a functioning system-full And honest disclosure requires that I tell all potential buyers that this thing sucks and may or may not ever work as advertised

Where did you buy your AV200 ? this is your reseller job to change the defective 72 teeth wheel normaly. We have received some spare to replace the defective ones.

By the way, It's hard to imgine that you put your 40$ potentiometer in the trash (the roll one) because it's a pretty good one that can be used in lots of applications :)