Photohigher skyline rsgs

Hey guys!

After upgrading my skyline rsgs firmware to 1.2.2 and follow the harness modification and setup instructions, i did not get any response with the roll servo. it is not running while connecting to the gyro. but when i test the servo(bypass) it and its working. Do you have an idea?

TIA!

Hi Gyroster,

Check that the signal(white) wire on the Roll Servo lead is not damaged and still goes to the second pin on the bottom from the left.

If you've got a multimeter check that you are getting 5V(or whatever voltage your power supply is) on the Roll Servo lead between the black and red wires. If you've still got the Tilt Pot servo end you chopped off you could strip the wires on that and plug it in to the Roll Servo lead just for the purpose of measuring the voltage (It's tricky to get multimeter probes inside the female servo plugs without shorting anything)

Which version of the gyro do you have? Could you post a photo of your modified harness?

Brendon

gyroster

Hi Gyroster,

Check that the signal(white) wire on the Roll Servo lead is not damaged and still goes to the second pin on the bottom from the left.

If you've got a multimeter check that you are getting 5V(or whatever voltage your power supply is) on the Roll Servo lead between the black and red wires. If you've still got the Tilt Pot servo end you chopped off you could strip the wires on that and plug it in to the Roll Servo lead just for the purpose of measuring the voltage (It's tricky to get multimeter probes inside the female servo plugs without shorting anything)

Which version of the gyro do you have? Could you post a photo of your modified harness?

Brendon

Thanks Brendon! Upon checking, There is a 6 volts voltage on the roll servo. Now we are able to run the servo but can't able to stop it using the tuning of the skyline software. btw, i got my rsgs from uavrotorking and probably it is the first batch.Do you have any idea what it cause?

nicwilke

Hoping that direct drive will be available for the AV200 very soon!

Me too, the upgrade (although expensive) will be perfect for me. I've just paid for my XM-6 and think that DD would make it a tidy little gimbal. What camera's are you using on the Cinestar/s? Will the XM-R you won be lifting anything special?

meme

FPV Modus?
Hi Guys, i have a brandnew AV130 and new harness and dummy pots on the Way. Will build a FPV Gimbal with that, using the Live Out form the CX for FPV (5,8 IRC/Fatshark)
Is it possible to "lock" the AV 130 with RSGS during Flight where Roll/Tilt - Stabi is not needed? I think in windy conditions will be better to see/feel the copter Movements.

Thanks ,

meme

Macsgrafs

FPV Modus?
Hi Guys, i have a brandnew AV130 and new harness and dummy pots on the Way. Will build a FPV Gimbal with that, using the Live Out form the CX for FPV (5,8 IRC/Fatshark)
Is it possible to "lock" the AV 130 with RSGS during Flight where Roll/Tilt - Stabi is not needed? I think in windy conditions will be better to see/feel the copter Movements.

Thanks ,

meme

Meme, I wouldn't use any form of stabilisation on a FPV cam, you wont be able to tell what your MR is doing!!

Ross

nicwilke

FPV Modus?

Thanks ,

meme

Yes, get a remote switch and simply switch off the signal wires. I too plan to have fpv via hdmi out.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

OT for OT: having contacted every single private who sells (here or in the correct "sale" area) his rsgs i can't miss noticing that noone ever replied to pm's.
Either these go veeeeeery fast or...no...surely (being as i am, italian) means i am thinking negative even when there is no reason to.

Don't know if this is the right place to post this or not but if anyone is interested in buying mine drop me a PM. Its not been used apart from when it was first delivered and plugged in but even then that was just on the bench, its never been used in flight. I shelved it whilst waiting for the update, and now its here I need the money for other things!

Yes, get a remote switch and simply switch off the signal wires.

To make sure nothing moves when you don't want to i'd rather unconnect the servo positive. But take care: if you apply pan-tilt-roll controls whilst the servos are disabled the rsgs will still try to take the gimbal to the position the control should have brought her. Sort of "memory" of the radio input controls sum. The result is that in the very moment you enable the servos they will run to the new position. Whatever it is.
Come on PH, solve the stab disabling bit, we need it!
Claudio

gyroster

Which batch is that? What is not working? I have rsgs marked 1.1 and fw 1.2.2 is working fine.

Pär

My Harness has a roll and tilt pot. when i upgrade to 1.2.2 and modified the harness and put a dummy pot, the roll servo is not working then i decide to downgrade to 1.1.4 and now the roll is working but the tilt has a jitter even in a small amount of gain. that is why i need to upgrade it to 1.1.6 or 1.1.7. please, if anybody has it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Pär[/QUO

nicwilke

My Harness has a roll and tilt pot. when i upgrade to 1.2.2 and modified the harness and put a dummy pot, the roll servo is not working then i decide to downgrade to 1.1.4 and now the roll is working but the tilt has a jitter even in a small amount of gain. that is why i need to upgrade it to 1.1.6 or 1.1.7. please, if anybody has it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Pär[/QUO

Hey Pär,
I'd suggest finding (in this thread) the schematics of the cabling, and rewire the pins for your Skyline cable. Its simp'e to do, you only need something small and sharp to pull the plastic pin holders up to slip them off. I did it 100% from scratch, and it works fine. There's 2 different configurations, so take not of the hardware version you have, and choose the diagram accordingly.

Hi,

I have received the replacement harness and dummy pot.

People that have baught their skyline in my webshop can contact me with the version number of their skyline (version N° available on the top right corner of the connector).

Best regards,
Cédric

gyroster

Hi Gyroster,

why are you using a 1.1.7 firmware rather than the 1.2.2 available ?

After upgrading my skyline rsgs firmware to 1.2.2 and follow the harness modification and setup instructions, i was not able to stop the roll servo from running.Even i adjust the servo center of the roll, still no avail.

Last edited by a moderator:

nicwilke

After upgrading my skyline rsgs firmware to 1.2.2 and follow the harness modification and setup instructions, i was not able to stop the roll servo from running.Even i adjust the servo center of the tilt still no avail.

This could be a fault with the dummy pots. Did you retry with a different pot?
:)

Hi gyroster,
I have had this problem also on one skyline, to solve it I have removed the belt and roll servo wheel and made the fine tuning myslef.

I first made the autotune and the autotune found 11258 for the roll value. after I made the fin tuning myslef I found something like -2540 or something like that.
You have to find the reverse point of the servo by changing the value with big steps (like 3000 or 5000) then you adjust it finely with the button until the servo don't move.
you replace the belts and make the autotune.

I will try to find another skyline with this problem and film it :)

Best regards,
Cédric