Photohigher skyline rsgs

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Well that was fun...NOT!!! Just setup the RSGS :( full tilt, servo screaming & my pants filling. Restart everything & got it this time :) Man that tilt servo is ultra fast!!!!!!

Now Im trying to suss out where best to mount my RX, 3s lipo & BEC on this gimbal...anyone got any pics of how they have thiers? I also have a 5.8GHz to mount as well (got to keep the mrs happy with live feed).

Ross

You might find this useful... http://www.1001copters.com/en/av200/77-av200-battery-tray.html

Yesterday I received the V2 upgrade kit and parts I ordered from 1001 for my AV130, from France to my mailbox in only a few days :)

I removed the 130 from the Cinestar and have it 75% rebuilt with the new parts, nice and smooth now it should work really well with the RSGS once I remount it and dial in the gains. The old framework was visibly tweaked, worse than I thought! I guess this one has had one too many rough landings, all fixed now and I can't wait to get it in the air and capture the fall foliage before its gone, that is if the rain stops first... :(

Ken

Hey guys. I am picking up a used RSGS to try on my AV200 (V1 but may spend some more $ on making it a V2). I have not read this entire thread, but do seem to remember reading about various wiring harness modifications for different batches or the RSGS. Do I need to be concerned if I get one of the first RSGS units produced? Also, can someone send me to the information that discusses this wiring harness mod I would have to do? Thanks.

nicwilke

Hey guys. I am picking up a used RSGS to try on my AV200 (V1 but may spend some more $ on making it a V2). I have not read this entire thread, but do seem to remember reading about various wiring harness modifications for different batches or the RSGS. Do I need to be concerned if I get one of the first RSGS units produced? Also, can someone send me to the information that discusses this wiring harness mod I would have to do? Thanks.
Hey Tahoelight,
PM me, I'll give you a hand for sure.

Macsgrafs

You might find this useful... http://www.1001copters.com/en/av200/77-av200-battery-tray.html

Yesterday I received the V2 upgrade kit and parts I ordered from 1001 for my AV130, from France to my mailbox in only a few days :)

I removed the 130 from the Cinestar and have it 75% rebuilt with the new parts, nice and smooth now it should work really well with the RSGS once I remount it and dial in the gains. The old framework was visibly tweaked, worse than I thought! I guess this one has had one too many rough landings, all fixed now and I can't wait to get it in the air and capture the fall foliage before its gone, that is if the rain stops first... :(

Ken

Thanks Ken, had a look but it's not quite what I'm after ;) I dont know where to put all my bits on the actual gimble, but i'm sure I will suss it out with a bit of sit down & think time.

So we will be looking forward to some aerial video with the V2 upgrade Ken.

Ross

Kari

Cédric is my favourite dealer! :)

Anyone tried recently Skyline with Tabbs FF servos in AV130. I got huge improvement with my Cinestar gimbal / Radians after replacing Savoxs with FF:s.

Macsgrafs

Cédric is my favourite dealer! :)

Anyone tried recently Skyline with Tabbs FF servos in AV130. I got huge improvement with my Cinestar gimbal / Radians after replacing Savoxs with FF:s.

What & where are Tabbs FF servos???

Ross

vip

Tilt question.. ? Using Futaba T10 CHG
when I set remote input and put it on a variable pot on the radio ( SLEW MODE) I can go from 0 to 90 with a very smooth movement, I can adjust gains for speed I like.
But!!! I cannot go halfway or anything in between as the gimbal wants to keep moving to full tilt. tried three different pots on the radio so it is not a bad pot. Is this what it is SUPPOSED to do?

Now if I take it out of SLEW mode I can adjust the tilt to whatever angle I want and it stays BUT it always overshoots and then comes back to rest. I have tried multiple gains combos and it does this no matter what.. IS THIS NORMAL?

I did remove the red wire on the tilt input as I was getting power from the receiver also on tilt input even when my power to pan input was disconnected.

vip

Ok, I will try that.. when in slew mode I have to move my pot over halfway before it starts to move at all.
What mode do you use?
Did I do the right thing in removing the red wire to the tilt input?

Last edited by a moderator:

Center and gains can be set up without any input connection, exactly like roll ald tilt. What else do you need to set up that needs the radio signal to be there?

cs8

I received my V2 harness and dummy potis for AV130.

- Why is there roll pot cable if it is not necessary?

- I can't set the pan function. If I move gains from zero it starts to turn and it stops after 90° and red light comes up

It handles quite well, not as Zenmuse but very good.
What are your recommended settings for the roll axis?

Last edited by a moderator:

vip

Center and gains can be set up without any input connection, exactly like roll ald tilt. What else do you need to set up that needs the radio signal to be there?

I have not gone this far yet for my 360 but I had the same thought, If plugged into pan as programming mode there is no way to test the gains ( with the camera radio) or center offset of the pan servo unless one plugs and unplugs the servo back and forth with the programming cable.. I would have thought they would have thought about that.

Servo output is connected anyway and that is enough to test and set the gains. When you unplug the pc, connect the pan input from the rx and switch the skyline off and On * all that is left is to set radio trim center and travel (which influences pan movement speed).
*=this is important, if the skyline is switched on with no pan input signal it will ignore the input until switched off. Must be restarted with a valid servo signal on the pan input.

vip

should the red wire be removed for the input so there is not a double power source. I see no mention of this in the instructions.

Trnquill

- I can't set the pan function. If I move gains from zero it starts to turn and it stops after 90° and red light comes up
Run the auto setup procedure with the pan servo connected and gimbal free to move in pan direction. This will tune your servo direction, center and gains and make things work. :)

Mactadpole

Is Photohigher sending out new wiring harnesses with dummy pots to dealers? I contacted the dealer I got it from and they acted like they don't know what I am talking about. I bought my RSGS during pre-order and have never even had it out of the box, figure if I have waited this long I can wait for a new harness. I know I could do it myself but I don't have the time to sit down and do it. I rather just get one ready to go, I also feel like I diserve it since this thing didn't work out of the box as advertised.

Thought I read they were but maybe I'm wrong. Sorry if this has already been asked.