Photohigher skyline rsgs

rsc

I have spent the morning making up the H lead and testing...

I have lost 70% of the jitter WAHOOOOOOO!!! However there is still a little which i hope the new firmware will remove... Its getting there.

DennyR

So your servo is working in slew mode. that should not affect the centering unless you have a deadband issue from the servo output source. I cant see how it relates to the pot resistance.

helicoblast

I'm actually using a Flyduino with FreeIMU for stabilizing my AV130 360, waiting on the next release for the skyline.
It's not the best setup but this one gives the best results for the moment.
You surely can use the mini version of the Flyduino.

Here's the first test of this setup, shooting with a Sony KDR-CX730e.
The optical steadyshot of the camera helps a lot...

Regards
Bastien

www.waspview.ch

Last edited by a moderator:

Kari

I'm actually using a Flyduino with FreeIMU for stabilizing my AV130 360, waiting on the next release for the skyline.
It's not the best setup but this one gives the best results for the moment.
You surely can use the mini version of the Flyduino.

Here's the first test of this setup, shooting with a Sony KDR-CX730e.
The optical steadyshot of the camera helps a lot...

Regards
Bastien

www.waspview.ch

I see twitchy movements (for example around 2.00), is it from optical stabilation?

helicoblast

Nope, it comes from Vimeo compression, the original file doesn't have those twitchy movements... There's a big glitch at 01:09 coming from the stabilization.

I used this setup for another shot, and all went good.

ChrisViperM

just seen it now
i got a few of those used will test them.
it seems webshops are allready selling them with this software.
the software is for free and made by a guy called Walter Meyer.
if anyone needs the software and a good description go to : http://shop.jet-1a.com/product_info.php?products_id=2246&osCsid=83bf50dd99326c6fd8ed1ced97f3730d

in the discription you can dowload the files also.
we just sell it as a standard ME 2.1 and not for 20 euros more :)

...do you never sleep......? :tennis:

Kari

Nope, it comes from Vimeo compression, the original file doesn't have those twitchy movements... There's a big glitch at 01:09 coming from the stabilization.

I used this setup for another shot, and all went good.

Good work! And yes i noticed that other glitch too. But i see there is fast pan which is smooth compared how many other OIS could have not handeled at all. Looks like sony stabilization is working quite well in aerials.

helicoblast

Thanks!

Yes, optical steadshot works very well in aerials, I'm really happy with this camera.
I used a lot of expo on the pan axis, 97% if I remember right, which helps on smoothing the movements, soft start and stop.

nicwilke

The latest FW release for the YS-X6 allows the addition of a second IMU to place onto the gimbal tray. It's a bulky unit, but the YS is so smooth, I ad tempted to jump ship on the RSGS to try it.... But, I'll wait for this, shouldn't be much longer..... And it'll great!

Ab74

Any pics of how you guys tidy up the rsgs wires on an av130?

I just received mine(after six weeks of waiting). Here's my 1st video test on an MK hexa xl.

Arnold
Manila, Philippines

That's the smoothest Skyline vid I have seen so far. Can you post pics and description of your set-up please?

Any pics of how you guys tidy up the rsgs wires on an av130?

I just received mine(after six weeks of waiting). Here's my 1st video test on an MK hexa xl.

Arnold
Manila, Philippines

ChrisViperM

Thanks!

Yes, optical steadshot works very well in aerials, I'm really happy with this camera.
I used a lot of expo on the pan axis, 97% if I remember right, which helps on smoothing the movements, soft start and stop.

On your video at 0:42 it looks like you are zooming in...how did you do it....?

Chris

helicoblast

Yep, I was using the stratosnapper, it's really great little thing!
Really easy to set up, and works fine with both my nex-5 and the sony camera.

Esben from littlesmartthing provides a really good customer service.