Photohigher AV200 PRO, Video Vibrations ?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
tahoelight, my AV 200 with MK FC was never better than yours in that specific simulation you did. The last steps were alway slow or delayed or not accurate at all. I am really looking forward to testing the DJI stabi, when i finally get my replacemtn servo for the 130 AV.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
This is an issue I have had from day one. Anyone have advice. This is the Roll and tilt delay.

what brand of servo are you using? analog or digital? how tight are the belts on your drives?

i've had analog servos on planes where a pull-pull setup was too tight and kept servos from centering. centering is a huge issue for aerobatic planes, especially for competition pilots. certain servos like the Hitec 645 (I think that's it) are notorious for not centering well enough. a big plus for digital servos is that they center with extreme accuracy and determination no matter how small their out-of-center condition is.

there's a lot said about analog vs. digital servos for camera mounts but it could be a contributing factor here if you're using analog.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
This is an issue I have had from day one. Anyone have advice. This is the Roll and tilt delay.

I had exactly the same issues and then some with the H/F Pro board and that's one of the reasons why it's gathering dust on the shelf now. The icing on the cake was when I went out back for a test flight with it on the newly built Y6 frame and as soon as I clicked auto level it did a forward flip. Between the problems with the camera mount working differently in each firmware release, the random flips, quirky firmware, and overall inability for any of the features to work the same on two different days I gave up on the Hoverfly and built another MK stack using an I2C converter which I then replaced with the DJI Wookong-M.

The same tired old AV130 that worked much the same as your AV200 when controlled from the H/F Pro works great on the WKM controller, look at the videos I posted in my Y6 thread in the DJI forum and you'll see how a Photohigher mount can work even with worn out Hyperion servos. It's not the mount or servos as much as it is the controller you have it connected to IMO.

Ken

Stacky

Im just not having those issues you had Ken. I did get the jittering gimbal you showed in your video but then found that came about if I pulled out the usb cable during board initialization when I had been messing with servo calibration. I havent had that problem since I followed a logical connection and disconnect system with respect to the boards initialization sequence. I had one problem with the auto level flip but that for me was fixed in the next firmware release.

I also tried to do what Tahoe has done with my gimbal which is a simple and cheap x468 medium gimbal and Im not having any of those problems. My gimbal is doing what the board tells it to do. I thought I had one problem but then found out I was testing it with the board powered but not armed.
Apart from my auto level flip all other problems I have had with either of my 2 HFP boards have ended up being things I have got wrong.

I have now had 6 months of HFP with flying virtually every single day and only the auto level flip being a problem. Every firmware release for me has meant improved flight performance. Ive set my boards up as quads, hexas, Y6's and X8's, Ive used so far only basic rctimer motors and turnigy plush esc's. Auto Level works perfectly for me once I ironed out some build issues. Altitude hold which i have only recently started messing with also works well. The OSD does what I need and the gimbal controls so far for me have been just fine.

I take close note of others issues because I need to understand why and how the problems occur. I am interested in the PH AV200 gimbal so keep a close look on any issues people have. The one thing thats very clear to me over the last 6 months has been that its often a combination of factors causing problems rather than any one single thing. Right now my setup is only a simple one carrying a gopro which is a small, light and simple camera. Its wide angle lens may be hiding some of the issues others are having and I have no doubt my next step up to heavier cameras and better quality more sophisticated gimbals will mean I have to battle some sorts of problems, however after 6 months I absolutely love my HFP boards. Auto Level works perfectly for me once I ironed out some build issues. Altitude hold which i have only recently started messing with also works well. The OSD does what I need and the gimbal controls so far for me have been just fine. The first HFP board made me happy enough to buy a second.

I'll be ordering a DJI before the price increase at the end of September. I just didn't want to be the beta tester again. Sounds like there are some issues, but I think they will get worked out faster than HF issues (2 years later). I also should be getting a Picloc 3x pro in the mail in a few weeks. I think a specific technology focusing on the camera gimbal will be a big improvement.

I also don't want to put down HFP too much. I have my X8 (38" motor to motor!) flying very stable after a long battle trying to get it flying right with a defective control board. Since putting on a new control board I just kick myself for doing so much trial and error testing on a board that had bad sensors. The drift was amazingly bad. I am somewhat happy with my HFP and will continue to fly the hoverfly for a while. I (knock on wood) have not had a flip since the days before a filter was needed. The Auto Level works well for me and no flips on activation at all and even my Height Hold is reasonable. I have not figured out how to get consistent flights with wind, but I have not seen a board that does (and can still put out usable video that is). I am about to head back to the single rotor world and build an 800 class ship. The prices are getting close between the multi-rotors and single rotors (if you start buying 8 large axi motors and all of the other goodies to go along with it to carry the payload needed on an Octo. A nice single rotor heli will be a bit more if I go with the Ace One). Anyway, I think the multi-rotor world still has a lot of growing up to do, and I am happy to be a part of it and will continue to act as a tester for years to come. It has been fun finding a nitch in the AP world but I still make more money holding my camera on the ground. I just need to find the gimbal stabilization solution to be more successful with my video. It works fine for still.

Here is a small clip from a flight the other day flying the HFP X8 (RAW out of the camera except the cross fade half way through).

Last edited by a moderator:

Stacky

Tahoe, the reason i mention the x468 gimbal so far doing what i expect is simply in the hope it may trigger some thought from somewhere else. The problem with my simple gimbal is that it is incapable of handling a heavier camera and subsequently because Im using such a simple gimbal with very limited control Im probably never going to see your problems. Also because Im using a gopro in it I am not going to notice some probelms as much because of the wide angle lens hiding things from me. I have noticed a problem with a bit of bounce with respect to the tilt axis and while bench testing did find that my bigger props seem to be causing it. I suspect the wider area prop wash is having an effect.
I am keeping track of your problems and others such as Ken because I expect to have problems appear as i learn whats going on. Also there are things you guys mention that I dont see until I know what to look for. Awful to say this but you guys working though your problems is great education for me and has been a huge help for me trying to think ahead.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I have the latest version of the AV130 coming in the next few days. I got the impression there was some change from the previous versions but who knows what to believe these days. I believe anyone will take your money if you offer it. I will post results using it in conjunction with the latest Xaircraft FC on a custom hex.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I have the latest version of the AV130 coming in the next few days. I got the impression there was some change from the previous versions but who knows what to believe these days. I believe anyone will take your money if you offer it. I will post results using it in conjunction with the latest Xaircraft FC on a custom hex.

There are substantial differences in the new AV130 vs. the older versions, I have both. The newer 130 has Savox servos instead of the Hyperion servos that came on the previous version and as result of that change there is also a difference in the gear ratio on the roll axis as well as some structural differences needed to fit the larger servos. The Savox are faster and have a much better gear train inside them than the Hyperions, they respond better and don't have any play between the gears which means there is you won't see any jumpiness in the video as the play in the gear train flops back and forth as it did with the Hyperions.

Visually you won't notice a lot of the differences unless you compare it side by side with one of the older models as I did. I can say with absolute certainty the new production AV130s are a much better product than the older ones and the old ones weren't all that bad either.

Old one on the left, new one on the right...

IMG_1646a.jpg

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I am looking for something to separate the two boom mounting plates that has all the FC BL's ect on them from a third plate that will have the batteries, fpv, landing gear and camera mount attached to it.. so three plates providing two decks for equipment with the lower deck isolated with anti vibe mounts..

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
i got these two different versions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

BGELA006
ANTI-VIBRATION GELS

2011/09/06

GELB1101
ANTI-VIBRATION GELS

2011/09/06

but dave these things are really soft you have no more stabililty with the camera mount i had to reinforced the mount again and i dint know yet if thats not a vibration loop back. If you are planning on doing the same thing like in the photo you posted ( second plate on the gimbal and dampeners in between) I wouldn't advice you if you a planning on using a bigger dslr with a big lense. One of my fights with the AV was to get the wobbles flex etc. out of the tip of the 10-22 mm lens. PH send me a support plate to stiffen the point were the camera is actually attached and they also upgraded their AV 200 with these plates. So the mounts in between would loosen the whole thing up again But i might be totally wrong as happening so often lately :)

(edit) The blue gel pads you should me are a much better solution in my eyes

av200 jitters

hi all,

i am getting some vibration through the av200 gimble and see that you have given this alot of thought and have overcome your issues with yours...
can you help me with mine??
i have mounted a canon 60d (seems to have a very 'stepped' video recording)
also a canon g7 auto (that just had vibration through the camera)

i have the reinforced camera plate (av200 version 2) but i am wondering if you know what anti vibration plate to use??
i have made my own plate but i am hoping for some advise on what gel pads, gel tape or foam tape to use between the plates or any part of the AV200?????

please help, i loosinf the will to live, lol.

regards
david

KopterX

hi all,

i have the reinforced camera plate (av200 version 2) but i am wondering if you know what anti vibration plate to use??
i have made my own plate but i am hoping for some advise on what gel pads, gel tape or foam tape to use between the plates or any part of the AV200?????

please help, i loosinf the will to live, lol.

regards
david

You might want this one from Kopterworx:
http://www.kopterworx.com/Mounts-Accessories/Antivibration-adapter-for-AV200/1

As a pro frame builder, i can say there is no better gel on the planet for this applications that the gel used in Kopterworx plate. We use the same gel in our airframes.

And hang in there ;-)