Aeronavics / Droidworx New forum area, Droidworx

droidworx

Hi guys!

Sorry, sorry!! Yes, it is VERY busy... :nevreness: Brilliant of course, thank you all very much for your enthusiasm... A bit intense too though - it's almost impossible to keep up. Believe me, we are grateful for each enquiry and care for responding to each one properly and timely - but failing miserably in some occasions. Two weeks, I can't believe it! Redridinghood - have not been able to trace your message, can you send me your email again?

Since we are indeed inundated with emails I am preparing some updates for the website covering most topics. Following we are working on and will be available via the website by the end of next week:

- All technical specs regarding airframes and components including weights and dims. I have the spreadsheet ready - just need to find a way to filter this info into the website.
- An upgrade path for all existing AD, CX and SkyJib users. We are working on a clear offering and a special gesture for our existing customers. Also this we plan to publish by the end of next week.
- A build manual for the distribution board and detailed schematics.

We will try our very best to respond timely to emails and sales enquiries. All our staff have suffered from some flu/cold virus in the past week - one after the other - even causing some of them to stay at home for a day or two. This doesn't help of course in times of great influx so this also caused some extra pressure.

But all in all we can't complaint - we're making great progress and yes Nic, we're still on track to shipping your craft within the 4 weeks!! :tennis:

Please all of you do feel free to ask your questions either here or via email (any of the email addresses is fine, droidworxnz@gmail, sales@droidworx.co.nz, contact@droidworx.co.nz) - and do feel free to remind us if we happen to not respond in time. I do admit to have over 250 emails in my action folder so there is no doubt one or two will surpass the aimed 48 hours response time. I will try to offer as much info here for all your reference and Dave keeps a good eye out too (thanks Dave!). I'm sure we'll manage together, once the products are out and all distributors are up to speed it will become a lot easier.

Meanwhile keep smelling the flowers and catch an hour or two sleep every night! I'm trying Dave... :) Doing alright - no virus got to this girl as yet so fingers crossed...

Oh, btw - have been assembling the latest version retracts this week. Brilliant! Unfortunately one measurement was out slightly in the housing so we need to make some new brackets before we can send them out to our test stations, but all well underway. The folding booms parts are arriving tomorrow - we can send these out next week to be further tested. I'll send you some too Dave so you can share your thoughts here...

I truly do not want to put any dates out yet as per when they are available, but we will keep you informed here and on the website.

More to come soon - thanks again for your support!

Cheers,
Linda

droidworx

The new 'Power distribution board 8'... (luverly) Can I retro it to an AD-8 HL? And if so where does it go, how does it fit and what size ESCs can it handle?(I use HobbyWing 40A Platinums). Thanks in advance, James

Hi! Yes - they fit, no probs. They mount on the center plate on the same holes as the flight control adaptor plate or MK electronics. A manual with further instructions will be available by the end of next week. The boards are sold out at the moment but are making more...

The board is rated at 230 Amps continuous, 320 Amps short burst. No problem to use your 40A speedies...

Cheers James! Let me know if you have any further questions. The manual will explain everything, I promise!

nicwilke

Thanks for the update Linda. Many bugs going around across the ditch too, lucky I've avoided them so far. Bring on summer.

nicwilke

I'll check on them Nic... I'm flying past the factory on a full-size photoshoot this afternoon ;)

Pete

Ask them if the boom nacelles got front or back? I cant work it out, do you have the red trailing or leading? I would rather have them leading, but that may be wrong.

Efliernz

Pete
View attachment 6975

Blowing 35Kts above Raglan today... damn hard work. I didn't get close enough to check them out ;)
The arrow is Droidworx...

I have red on the back pair, fluro-green on the front pair. I have seen both options used.

Pete

Attachments

• dw.jpg
    dw.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 314

droidworx

Hi Pete! That's awesome! You should have dropped in... :tennis: We have an airport here you know... Lucy was wondering if she could post the pic on her facebook page to show her friends where she works... would that be alright?

Nic, not entirely sure what you mean with the nacelles, but you can mount them any way you like, front/back/upside-down, black front, orange front... red, yellow... :):) You probably mean something completely different, Pete seemed to understand your question, did he answer it for you...?

nicwilke

Nic, not entirely sure what you mean with the nacelles, but you can mount them any way you like, front/back/upside-down, black front, orange front... red, yellow... :):) You probably mean something completely different
Haha, I just meant that several product shots I have seen with the droidworx models have had the red facing the rear of the craft. I just dont want you to laugh at me and say "Nic is very good at flying backwards.." LOL.
I'm starting to receive some important parts for my XM-6 build in the mail now, so slowly coming together. I want to be one of the 1st on youtube to be showcasing the XM series, so I'm preparing for the delivery in several weeks.

Efliernz

Pete
Hi Pete! That's awesome! You should have dropped in... :tennis: We have an airport here you know... Lucy was wondering if she could post the pic on her facebook page to show her friends where she works... would that be alright?

Lucy is more than welcome... does my order get closer to the top of the list? ;) Email me if she wants the full-size photo.

I would have got closer for a proper shot but Raglan was my first of 3 sites... at $360 an hour... I was shooting a new native forest area up on Maungatawhiri Road. 35 knot NW at 2500' is not the place for a multicopter!

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

Efliernz

Pete
Haha, I just meant that several product shots I have seen with the droidworx models have had the red facing the rear of the craft. I just dont want you to laugh at me and say "Nic is very good at flying backwards.." LOL.
I'm starting to receive some important parts for my XM-6 build in the mail now, so slowly coming together. I want to be one of the 1st on youtube to be showcasing the XM series, so I'm preparing for the delivery in several weeks.

I've got all my stuff already too for my VM-6... I'll race you ;)

Pete

nicwilke

A month in theory (altho it is new...) ordered on the 25th. They don't need to post to me! I'll pick mine up. How accommodating of me i think!!! ;)

I ordered mine 27th, so you have 2 days up on me, plus the time it takes to get across the ditch.....

Heheheh.

Efliernz

Pete
I ordered mine 27th, so you have 2 days up on me, plus the time it takes to get across the ditch.....

Heheheh.

Just think... I might see yours before you do. I might even put my greasy fingers on your machine FIRST...

That would be wrong though ;)

nicwilke

Well, time could not go any slower. Have a week off next week and thought miraculously I'd get the XM-6, but I guess I'll be a week off....

droidworx

Haha - you guys, you are SO funny! Truly...

Thanks Pete! I'll pass it on to Lucy... she'll be a happy girl. She might even go out of her way and chase up the crew in the warehouse to hurry with your VM-6... :) We almost lived on Maungatawhiri Road! Yeah - VERY windy here - has been windy now for weeks...!! Hopefully spring kicks in soon...

Nic - it's next week you're off? We're just not quite ready yet - such a bummer! We're working our hardest... Monday public Holiday here - how inconvenient! Couldn't you have planned it just one week later...?

Bedtime now - we'll be in touch again soon... just wanted to quickly connect up.

Cheers!
Linda

nicwilke

Nic - it's next week you're off? We're just not quite ready yet - such a bummer! We're working our hardest... Monday public Holiday here - how inconvenient! Couldn't you have planned it just one week later...?

No problems, I'll just enjoy flying the ADX-4 all week with the new Video camera. I do look forward to the hexa though. Thanks.

Efliernz

Pete
Linda... did Lucy confess to her small error??? It will cost her coffee...

Nic - at least you already have a DW frame! We are going through a really crappy period of spring 40-80Km/h westerly winds (from Aussie of course) so very little flying of anything this week. I have pending work with my current octo... but the clients understand (for a change).

Pete