Aeronavics / Droidworx New forum area, Droidworx

Macsgrafs

No worries Richard, it's where we all started....duration, weight load etc.

I would try & prioritise things first.

1)What camera (payload do you wish to carry)
2)Duration

if you dont want to carry a heavy load at this time, then choose a smaller motor (still keep bigger ESC's, as they will be useful for future upgrades).

I can only recomend Droidworx as I have never owned another MR, but I spent 6 months just looking for what was right & then had to wait until DW released the SJ8...well worth the wait may I add. They are a superb company to deal with, in fact Linda even went as far as getting credit card systems put in place so that I could order mine!!!! You really can't get better than that. Spares are easy to get as well & the support is spot on, these are all things you have to consider in this game.

Ross

nicwilke

No worries Richard, it's where we all started....duration, weight load etc.

I would try & prioritise things first.

1)What camera (payload do you wish to carry)
2)Duration

if you dont want to carry a heavy load at this time, then choose a smaller motor (still keep bigger ESC's, as they will be useful for future upgrades).

I can only recomend Droidworx as I have never owned another MR, but I spent 6 months just looking for what was right & then had to wait until DW released the SJ8...well worth the wait may I add. They are a superb company to deal with, in fact Linda even went as far as getting credit card systems put in place so that I could order mine!!!! You really can't get better than that. Spares are easy to get as well & the support is spot on, these are all things you have to consider in this game.

Ross
I have used a lot of different frames, and I've never been happier than I am now with a Droidworx. I'm getting the XM-R as soon as I scrape up the money. My wife thinks I need a Hexa... seriously!!!
Filmed with an ADX-4 X8 Droidworx with AV130 gimbal, Skyline stabilizer and NEX-5n. flight times are around 10 mins on 2 4s 5000mah lipos in parallel. AUW= 5kg. This footage had dust on the lens, but no post stabilizing was done.

Last edited by a moderator:

jes1111

I have used a lot of different frames, and I've never been happier than I am now with a Droidworx. I'm getting the XM-R as soon as I scrape up the money. My wife thinks I need a Hexa... seriously!!!
Filmed with an ADX-4 X8 Droidworx with AV130 gimbal, Skyline stabilizer and NEX-5n. flight times are around 10 mins on 2 4s 5000mah lipos in parallel. AUW= 5kg. This footage had dust on the lens, but no post stabilizing was done.
That's definitely dust on the sensor, not the lens - looks like it needs a good scrub :)

ctrlfreq

i dont have much time to reply properly, but i tried going via weight, via camera type AND via function, and each one pushed me to the skyjib lite.. not sure how exactly, but its not that big a deal, both droider & patrick from aerial media pros addressed the question for me as well. i appreciate your personal response though, certainly makes my giving you my money easier! speaking of which, i worked last night for the concert promotion company, and im DEFINITELY going to need a collapsable/travel ready frame very soon - can you give me any idea when the xm-x3 will be available for purchase? i wont have the money for a week or two (or several, if we're being honest with ourselves...) but i need something right away.. i have 2 upcoming jobs in the next 2 weeks, and i need to replace my landing gear ASAP (cheap plastic aeroxcraft) so i may have to get an av130 + landing gear in the meantime.

i think i figured it out. i have considered my 500d to be a dslr. its probably not up to the standards of such? i didnt try mirrorless dslr at all.

meme

@ Droidworx,
i have some questions and post it here, maybe that can be useful for others.
1) My Av200`s complete weight (360 pan, 2x5800 mah 4s,1x1000mah 2s, VTX, Antivibration Plate...) is 2675 grams (without Cam)
I like to lift 2- and 2,5 kg Cams in the Future with that , will the SJ8 Light ok for that? Wich ESC/Motor/Prop will be the best for such a setup?
2) Will the SJ8 LG fit with my AD6 hl V3? For quick release option, what should i order?

Thanks, have a nice WE,

meme

droidworx

Wow - that's so lovely! Especially the bit between 1:10 and 1:23 - with the music and all - very dreamy...

Ps. I like you wife! Haha - brilliant! I think I should send her a little toy quad - not many girls into this stuff...

droidworx

@ Droidworx,
i have some questions and post it here, maybe that can be useful for others.
1) My Av200`s complete weight (360 pan, 2x5800 mah 4s,1x1000mah 2s, VTX, Antivibration Plate...) is 2675 grams (without Cam)
I like to lift 2- and 2,5 kg Cams in the Future with that , will the SJ8 Light ok for that? Wich ESC/Motor/Prop will be the best for such a setup?
2) Will the SJ8 LG fit with my AD6 hl V3? For quick release option, what should i order?

Thanks, have a nice WE,

meme

Hi there meme!

1. Yep - SkyJib8 Lite would be a great option - 500mm booms, 14" Gemfan props, AXi2820/18's... optimum prop load (50% throttle) around 8kg. Beauty! MT 3515-15 T-Motors are also an option and I've heard that Kopterworx has got some new motors too that appear to be pretty awesome! But don't have the specs of these... Does that answer your question?

2. The SkyJib landing gear will not fit your AD-6HL, but the XM landing gear/gear rail assembly will! We're compiling the upgrade packages this week - should all be in the shop by Sunday...

Thanks meme! Let me know if you have any further questions...

droidworx

i dont have much time to reply properly, but i tried going via weight, via camera type AND via function, and each one pushed me to the skyjib lite.. not sure how exactly, but its not that big a deal, both droider & patrick from aerial media pros addressed the question for me as well. i appreciate your personal response though, certainly makes my giving you my money easier! speaking of which, i worked last night for the concert promotion company, and im DEFINITELY going to need a collapsable/travel ready frame very soon - can you give me any idea when the xm-x3 will be available for purchase? i wont have the money for a week or two (or several, if we're being honest with ourselves...) but i need something right away.. i have 2 upcoming jobs in the next 2 weeks, and i need to replace my landing gear ASAP (cheap plastic aeroxcraft) so i may have to get an av130 + landing gear in the meantime.

i think i figured it out. i have considered my 500d to be a dslr. its probably not up to the standards of such? i didnt try mirrorless dslr at all.

Ah - that explains it indeed! All good... Re. XM-X3 - can be pre-ordered now - we keep a leadtime of 4 weeks at the moment just to give us some time to get organized re. new packing procedures and BOM's etc... Manufacturing is in full swing - should be another two weeks max. for the first batch. This doesn't help you in the next 2 weeks though...

For the AV130 the standard AD landing gear assembly is sufficient - not in the shop available since AD series are discontinued but can help you to one of you'd need it for the jobs you have lined up... Let me know. In any case much success...!

nicwilke

Well you're 2 hours in front of us Droidworx, and I thought I was super cool just ordering an XM-6 from you're site at 1am. Good night.
Will the kit include nacelles? I don't think I've ever been so excited. :D

ctrlfreq

Ah - that explains it indeed! All good... Re. XM-X3 - can be pre-ordered now - we keep a leadtime of 4 weeks at the moment just to give us some time to get organized re. new packing procedures and BOM's etc... Manufacturing is in full swing - should be another two weeks max. for the first batch. This doesn't help you in the next 2 weeks though...

For the AV130 the standard AD landing gear assembly is sufficient - not in the shop available since AD series are discontinued but can help you to one of you'd need it for the jobs you have lined up... Let me know. In any case much success...!

so the av130/av200 gimbals will not be usable on the xm series airframes? im confused..

droidworx

Well you're 2 hours in front of us Droidworx, and I thought I was super cool just ordering an XM-6 from you're site at 1am. Good night.
Will the kit include nacelles? I don't think I've ever been so excited. :D

Nic! Brilliant!! It is VERY cool to be ordering at 1am... thanks a lot!! Sleep tight...

droidworx

so the av130/av200 gimbals will not be usable on the xm series airframes? im confused..

Sorry for the confusion! Sure they fit on the XM series! Like a glove... Was just offering an alternative for the short term - you said you needed a landing gear now and since the XM's are a few weeks away I suggested the standard AD assembly cause this could be on your doorstep in two days sort a thing... Cheers! Linda...

ctrlfreq

ok ok thank you.. i got the alternative worked out already with a local fabricator/friend. its just mounting onto the bottom of an f550 so it doesnt need to be so fancy yet as to be carbon. i will however be ordering an av130 probably this week, and then hopefully the xm x3 right around the time youre ready to ship. sadly my budget makes me upgrade along a very specific path, or id probably just by an ad3-x right now as well!

p.s. congrats on making some of the most lust inspiring gear ive seen in a long while.

droidworx

Nic! Brilliant!! It is VERY cool to be ordering at 1am... thanks a lot!! Sleep tight...

Sorry - forgot about the nacelles... Actually I'm just scoring more posts - wondering what I'm in for next after my "Pilot Extraordinaire"... Haha! Yep - nacelles are surely included! They are REALLY cool... if I may say so. You get 6 black ones and two orange ones in case you want to do some signalling for orientation... Same for the boots... :tennis: This is exciting!

droidworx

ok ok thank you.. i got the alternative worked out already with a local fabricator/friend. its just mounting onto the bottom of an f550 so it doesnt need to be so fancy yet as to be carbon. i will however be ordering an av130 probably this week, and then hopefully the xm x3 right around the time youre ready to ship. sadly my budget makes me upgrade along a very specific path, or id probably just by an ad3-x right now as well!

p.s. congrats on making some of the most lust inspiring gear ive seen in a long while.

Haha - thanks heaps!