Aeronavics / Droidworx New forum area, Droidworx

nicwilke

Linda... did Lucy confess to her small error??? It will cost her coffee...

Nic - at least you already have a DW frame! We are going through a really crappy period of spring 40-80Km/h westerly winds (from Aussie of course) so very little flying of anything this week. I have pending work with my current octo... but the clients understand (for a change).

Pete

Weather here is superb Pete. No wind this evening, cool but not cold... Looking good for a great week next week.
I'll fly the old clunker... LOL

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Efliernz

Pete
I ordered 1 month ago today... WHERE'S MY EMAIL TO TELL ME TO COME AND PICK IT UP LUCY / LINDA!!!

Sorry - just joining in ;)

I know mine will be ready soon but they are busy. That's ok. The work-bench is clear, motors are here, esc's are here and my diy camera mount is nearing testing stage :D It will happen soon...

Pete

nicwilke

Lucy said they are packing for delivery now, and I'll get FedEx tracking today. Since New Zealand is next door to Australia, I'll get it Monday. Promise not to do a dorky unboxing video.

Efliernz

Pete
Great news (for you). I know mine isn't far away.

I'm not going to do the dorky unboxing either! I have considered a time-lapse of the build but that will only demonstrate that I don't know what I'm doing!

Pete

nicwilke

Great news (for you). I know mine isn't far away.

I'm not going to do the dorky unboxing either! I have considered a time-lapse of the build but that will only demonstrate that I don't know what I'm doing!

Pete

Well, my new camera came yesterday, and I so badly wanted to take it up today, but I've grounded it as I want to wait for the XM-6 and the quick release gimbal attachment. I will likely work thru the night when I get it on Monday as I want to be the first person to put an XM droidworx on YouTube.
Doubt that happen, but going to try.

nicwilke

New camera? Wot you got? Which gimbal?

Pete

Pete, I have the Photohigher AV130 gimbal with the RSGS skyline,

I just received the PJ710v with balanced optical steadyshot. I wanted to fly my Canon XF100, but would need a Photohigher AV200 and leg extension on my XM-6. Perhaps when I have some spare coin.

Efliernz

Pete
Nice :)

I primarily shoot stills hence I've only ordered the VM-6. I have since "realised some assets" and am wondering if I should have gone for the XM instead and built my own custom retract u/c. I have already built retracts for my octo. I am finishing my camera gimbal - with external pots on both axis and it is designed around the Sony RX100.

I am incorporating the battery tray into the mount. The camera only weighs 250g and I think some of the video vibes/movement is due to is not having a great enough mass. The battery tray is part of the moving mount and will add at least 500g to it's mass. Diy experimenting is cheap... watch this space!

Pete

Pete

Macsgrafs

Nice :)

I primarily shoot stills hence I've only ordered the VM-6. I have since "realised some assets" and am wondering if I should have gone for the XM instead and built my own custom retract u/c. I have already built retracts for my octo. I am finishing my camera gimbal - with external pots on both axis and it is designed around the Sony RX100.

I am incorporating the battery tray into the mount. The camera only weighs 250g and I think some of the video vibes/movement is due to is not having a great enough mass. The battery tray is part of the moving mount and will add at least 500g to it's mass. Diy experimenting is cheap... watch this space!

Pete

Pete

Pete, have you any photos of your homebuilt retracts on your octo? I'm at that stage, but keep running into one problem after another :(

Ross

Efliernz

Pete
No photos! I don't believe it either. I'll pm you as here is not the right place...

Good news for me, off to pickup the VM-6 this afternoon.

Pete

Efliernz

Pete
I spy with my little eye, something beginning with D.

Just a shoebox really...

View attachment 7296

A lovely visit to Raglan today to "Droidworx ground zero". Nice people, heaps of toys... thanks very much for the tour :02.47-tranquillity:

Pete

Attachments

• DSC01084.jpg
    DSC01084.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 375

nicwilke

I spy with my little eye, something beginning with D.

Just a shoebox really...

View attachment 9477

A lovely visit to Raglan today to "Droidworx ground zero". Nice people, heaps of toys... thanks very much for the tour :02.47-tranquillity:

Pete

Hey, you are 3 days ahead of me.. Mine just left Auckland. Will be in Sydney tonight, delivered Sth NSW Monday. You should be flying by then. C'mon, photos on progress..

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

My SkyJib 8 V2 is on the way, should be here tomorrow. Had hoped it was going to ship last week with everyone else's, but they must have only been shipping other models out.

nicwilke

My SkyJib 8 V2 is on the way, should be here tomorrow. Had hoped it was going to ship last week with everyone else's, but they must have only been shipping other models out.

The skyjibs are pretty cool. I'll get one next year I think.

Efliernz

Pete
I was lucky to have my fingers crawl over one at the factory. Linda showed how the mounts come off for easy camera access (similar to the XM system). Very nice.

Pete