My brushless gimbal result

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
@ GotHeliRC

How did you separate the stator from the bearing tube? I tried to heat the adhesive with a butane torch and then pry it off, only to bend (and ruin) the stator. On the second one, I left the bearing tube in place, and had a difficult time, but was able to get 150 turns of .2mm for a resistance of about 13.5 ohms. Then I rewound one with 140 turns which resulted in 12.6 ohms. Unfortunately, these don't run very well. The kv is very low, but the motor won't run with any consistentcy. If often requires a bump start, or won't even move using 2S lipo and a 40 amp esc. Do I need the special board to get this to work, or shouldn't it a least spin with a regular esc?

It should spin with a standard esc, but it will be slow. Try a 3s. As for removing the stator, I guess it will depend on which brand and how it was put together, if they glue it in, then it would be hard to get it out, but use a vice to press it out.

ronncat

I am rewinding the ipower 4006...same as yours. I'll try a heat gun on the next one, but I figure the flame from my butane torch is hotter than my heat gun. With 140 winds, the stator looks pretty empty. Think I'll try .25mm wire and see what happens.

ronncat

Got it!! :nevreness:

Heat it up real good with the bearing tube locked down in a vise. Then I twisted it to break the epoxy seal. Then off to the arbor press. Bearing tube came out this time. I ordered both 29awg and 30awg wire last night. When it comes, I will wind motors with both to see how they work. thanks.

Boltzman

For me the exact same NEX-5 configuration as below is the best.
i also use polarizer filter from Cokin on top of that (hand made mount).

Yes, Nex5n gimbal for me too, including motors, plug N play more or less.

Weight with Nex5n+16mm+ x0,75 adapter (=12mm) is 475grams.
HDMI with 90 degr plug. I could get rid of about 40 grams if not using the battery for the Nex 5 but an adapter instead.

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
Question for Nex5 user with 55mm lens.

What setting are you using for focus? Manual? How do I set it to do infinity focus? Right now if I set it on MF, then manually turn it, it zoom in to a subject and focus that, but when it's in the air it go out of focus again.

Also, on the lens it said Optical Steady Shot? what does this mean? optical stabilize? If so, how can I turn it off?

thanks

kloner

Aerial DP
you want to set it to landscape mode to get the camera acting close to right

use AF

you want optical steady shot on, it turns of in the menu under camera or settings.... the pancake lens is the one you should try, OSS just doesn't work cause it doesn't have it. it'll be nice that the other lens can be used though, if it will. oss is a huge benefit to using over a hero. it is like adding post stab, but it's done in the lens while recording and it's optical so it doesn't degrade the footage much. good stuff

strappo

I'm not sure which camera to buy. But probably CX-size (like 450g). What will the weight of one of those gimbals be?

However I'm very interested :)

kloner

Aerial DP
monty, this is the larger of the two im gonna try out. it's gonna be tested and tuned with a nex-5 on his end. he's close