Inspire 1 Owner's Thread

Tahoe Ed

Thanks Ed for posting those.

Have you any comment on delays of shipments of the Inspire? One person on another forum has posted that he's been informed that there's now no ETA for first shipments due to some manufacturing or some other issue.

Now I do. The added a hood to the camera. That required the design within the weight limits, getting the mold, normally 20 days compressed to 15, testing and repacking all the units that had previously been packed for shipment. That was the PM's decision to override Engineering and add the hood.

tahoejmfc

James Cole
Here are a few shots of TahoeEd's INSPIRE close upView attachment 21795
View attachment 21794 View attachment 21793 View attachment 21792 View attachment 21791 View attachment 21790 View attachment 21789 View attachment 21788 Inspire Main.jpg

Attachments

• body3.jpg
    body3.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 381
  • body2.jpg
    body2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 254
  • body.jpg
    body.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 250
  • arm2.jpg
    arm2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 261
  • arm.jpg
    arm.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 262
  • bigsmall2.jpg
    bigsmall2.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 246
  • bigsmall.jpg
    bigsmall.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 264
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 271
  • Inspire Main.jpg
    Inspire Main.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 454

rilot

Nice shots. Happy that they are making decisions like adding a lens hood. I'd rather have a sorted but delayed craft than one with issues that was on time.

F360

Anyone have a recommendation for a vendor to buy this from?
I'm located in Florida, USA.
Thanks
Bill

Av8Chuck

Just some catch up items. DJI has confirmed that they do not plan to support the GoPro, Sony F100 or GH4. Sorry guys but unless they change their minds that is the word.

It might be interesting to know did DJI learn of GoPro's intention to build their own drones before coming out with the Vision or did GoPro decide to build MR's in response to DJI offering its own camera? I think that having a proprietary camera system on the Inspire is a very BAD marketing idea. No matter how good DJI thinks their camera is they do not have the outreach and brand recognition that companies like Panasonic and even GoPro have. I can purchase a GoPro or GH4 and use it for a lot of other things beside aerial which adds a great deal more value to my purchase decision.

Tahoe JMFC finished editing more of the video from Tahoe.

That's nice, not great. I can get comparable shots using a Hero3 and I can get a less expensive quad that will fly a GH4 equally as well.

SamaraMedia

Just some catch up items. DJI has confirmed that they do not plan to support the GoPro, Sony F100 or GH4. Sorry guys but unless they change their minds that is the word.[/QUOTE

@Tahoe Ed Sorry if I missed it but it is still not clear to me whether this means no more Zenmuse gimbals for those cameras for any DJI frame or just on the Inspire?

Thanks

Tahoe Ed

Personally, I am happy to get away from the GoPro. Having no control over the camera while in the air is a PITA. With the Inspire I can control all aspects of the camera while flying. The fisheye as always been a sore spot for me. I am giving mine to my son. He wants to play with it and he can to his hearts content.

SamaraMedia

Personally, I am happy to get away from the GoPro. Having no control over the camera while in the air is a PITA. With the Inspire I can control all aspects of the camera while flying. The fisheye as always been a sore spot for me. I am giving mine to my son. He wants to play with it and he can to his hearts content.

Ed, still trying to nail down comment on non-support for GoPro, Sony and GH4 cameras. Is that just for the Inspire or all platforms going forward including Zenmuse gimbals?

Thanks,

John

deluge2

See Ed's reply in msg #74. Comment was in regard to Inspire platform.

Steve

Ed, still trying to nail down comment on non-support for GoPro, Sony and GH4 cameras. Is that just for the Inspire or all platforms going forward including Zenmuse gimbals?

Thanks,

John

SamaraMedia

Does the horizon seem a little off (right side looks lower) and when you pan the left it seems to over correct to the other side (left side seems lower)? Almost looks to be on plane with the horizon of the OSD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Does the horizon seem a little off (right side looks lower) and when you pan the left it seems to over correct to the other side (left side seems lower)? Almost looks to be on plane with the horizon of the OSD.
Someone else noticed that. However in the video that was processed from this clip does not show it. See post 88.

SamaraMedia

Noticed that too, that's what surprised me on the Blade vid. Just wondering if there is a horizon drift concern that will need to be corrected in post?