Inspire 1 Owner's Thread

deluge2

I guess with planning one could start at +330 degrees clockwise and then pan counterclockwise from +330 degrees through 0 degrees and then continue panning CCW to -330 degrees, for a total pan of 660 degrees. That's probably why I think I've seen more than 360 degree panning movement of the gimbal in some Inspire 1 videos. Still doesn't make clear why the limit is either inherent or imposed. Or maybe the manual is wrong.

Steve

i have no idea why panning would be limited to 330 degrees, seems weird.

Dewster

OK, here is a link to a site to download a draft version of the inspire 1 manual: http://www.eoshd.com/uploads/dji-ins...nual-draft.pdf

A couple of things I picked up from a quick reading:

1. Flight controller is named Ncor and is based on an improved version of the A2

2. There is a function called POI that allows rotation around a selected point, with craft pointed at POI while rotating around that point.

3. There is an ability to playback both video and stills with a button on either the controller or the app.

4. Pitch control only with single controller, pan can only be controlled with dual controllers.

5. Flight modes are GPS, ATTI, and F, with F allowing IOC: i.e., Course Lock, Home Lock, or POI.

6. Flight restrictions are baked in. Worldwide airport restrictions and max altitudes are absolute limits, with the app allowing user limits to be further restricted.

7. As already mentioned, Dynamic Home Point is only usable with a GPS-enabled tablet.

8. Gimbal control modes are Follow, Free, FPV, and Realignment, controlled and selected through the app (no dedicated switch on controller).

9. Camera comes with 4GB card, can take up to 2TB (!) card, with UHS-1 recommended. Controller firmware update is through Camera microSD card (huh?).

10. Battery has a whole slew of new protection functions, like auto-discharge after 10 days of no use if charge is above 75%, to prevent swelling. Many other protection features (I just hope they last a while :roll eyes
smile.gif

No mention of Ground Station capabilities or Follow Me mode. My understanding is that those will follow with future updates to Ncor controller.

Baking in the flight restrictions was a logical step by DJI. It's the only way to ensure that regulation won't go crazy and ban flight systems. My understanding of the manual was that flight restrictions were enabled but that the operator would have a choice to disable.

Tahoe Ed

Bart thanks for the new Forum. Looks great! I have been flying while you have been down. Here is a link to a video of my maiden flight of my beta unit #29. I took it out 1.9k. I have also tested the RTH functions, Auto Take Off and Land, and all work well. I would like the altitude hold on Take Off to be better but this is still beta App and things will change between now and shipping.

Dewster

TBH I think it looks awful.
It might be a good idea technically (cutting retractable undercarriage weight) but DJI batch test production methods & profit margins will probably mean it will be unreliable after 3 months, & 30% of those sold will fly off..... attemting to get back to the factory :friendly_wink:
(Yes I'm a skeptic!)
What do you think is the lifespan of DJI's multicopters? My crafts crashed for one reason or another, neither from DJI issues. Prop broke (got too fancy and bought a cheap carbon fiber prop that was not made correctly), and voltage drop on dying lipos. It seems with every generation of craft DJI attempts to engineer typical crash issues out of their systems.

Tahoe Ed

Just some catch up items. DJI has confirmed that they do not plan to support the GoPro, Sony F100 or GH4. Sorry guys but unless they change their minds that is the word.

Tahoe Ed

What do you think is the lifespan of DJI's multicopters? My crafts crashed for one reason or another, neither from DJI issues. Prop broke (got too fancy and bought a cheap carbon fiber prop that was not made correctly), and voltage drop on dying lipos. It seems with every generation of craft DJI attempts to engineer typical crash issues out of their systems.

I had a flight where the lipo went to auto land. The Inspire did just that there was no drama. It came down on some sage brush and I lost a prop and that was it. Tech does work.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Do you mean just for the inspire or for any frame / gimbal going forward
that's what I was wondering. are those cameras all out or just not going to be supported for Inspire use as they begin to add attachments for it to carry?

Big D

I am wondering about Tahoe Ed's no more DJI support for gopro gimbals as well. Does this apply to Inspire only or to all future DJI gimbals? Where are you Ed?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Just some catch up items. DJI has confirmed that they do not plan to support the GoPro, Sony F100 or GH4. Sorry guys but unless they change their minds that is the word.

@Tahoe Ed

Please read the replies since you posted this and clarify what you meant by your comments.
Thanks!

The text above is called @ User Tagging........a very cool feature...when you put the @ before the user's name it will generate a notification email telling the person that he/she has been mentioned in a thread. It's a great way to get someone's attention when you want them to see and comment on something.

@SleepyC ....your mom dresses you funny :)

Tahoe Ed

I am wondering about Tahoe Ed's no more DJI support for gopro gimbals as well. Does this apply to Inspire only or to all future DJI gimbals? Where are you Ed?
This is the Inspire thread and the comment was for the Inspire only.

cootertwo

ummmm, it's nice, but expensive, and very priority orientated. Can only use the camera and battery it comes with. And they have incorporated the sensor system, which is very close to the now very old Parrot AR Drone, which BTW is the first multirotor I started out with. I might be interested in one, after a year or two, when the prices drop. Neat, but not neat enough for the $$$ in my opinion. Just sayin.

Tahoe Ed

Last edited by a moderator:

rilot

Thanks Ed for posting those.

Have you any comment on delays of shipments of the Inspire? One person on another forum has posted that he's been informed that there's now no ETA for first shipments due to some manufacturing or some other issue.

Tahoe Ed

I know no more than you. I want them to get it right from the first unit to the last. I do have selfish reasons as it makes my life a lot easier. I got the announcement this morning just as you did if you preordered.

Tahoe Ed

Here is a HDR photo that is composed of 5 shots from the Inspire, all at different EV settings. End of Days asked us to do the test and in return he composed this wonderful sunset photo for us. Note that I was just hovering and the camera op was changing camera settings and taking pictures. In a HOVER not on a tripod as is normally done in these cases. He says there are some stitching artifacts in the photo that he did not remove. But I think it looks pretty darn good to me. Thanks again Ferdinand. Please download the file it looks better in person.

View attachment 21769

Attachments

• Tahoe HDR Photo 11-26-14.jpg
    Tahoe HDR Photo 11-26-14.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 366