Inspire 1 Owner's Thread

Tahoe Ed

Noticed that too, that's what surprised me on the Blade vid. Just wondering if there is a horizon drift concern that will need to be corrected in post?

I have not touched it yet but there is a roll calibration in the app for Horizon.

SamaraMedia

Figured there are plenty of things for you to dig into with this new machine. Thanks for keeping the updates coming to your findings.

Tahoe Ed

Dear DJI Inspire 1 Customers,

We know everyone is excited to receive your new DJI Inspire 1 and would like to share the following information with you:

· The Inspire 1 will start shipping at the end of December. Shipments will be prioritized with those who ordered first receiving their units first.

· A free, convenient carrying case will now be included with all orders, no matter you ordered from DJI or DJI official dealers. This case has been customized to fit your Inspire 1.

The case is 22x19x9.5"

· The final stages of testing have proven all of the Inspire 1’s features perform well in a wide variety of environments.

We appreciate your patience and support!

Thank you,

DJI

The case has been confirmed by DJI. I have included the dimensions. I think that most airlines will allow it in the overhead bin even though it is slightly oversized, it will fit.

Cheshirecat

Personally, I am happy to get away from the GoPro. Having no control over the camera while in the air is a PITA. With the Inspire I can control all aspects of the camera while flying. The fisheye as always been a sore spot for me. I am giving mine to my son. He wants to play with it and he can to his hearts content.

You can control aspects of a Go Pro Remotely with mods based around the backpack connector, you are also not stuck with the Fisheye on a Hero 3 or 4 if you mod the camera with the Ribcage Backbone mod kit, that opens up a whole range of lens possibilities including DSLR glass if that is what you need. I really like the concept of the Inspire but really dislike the lock in to the DJI camera. I have not seen one up close yet, if there is a way of getting a 3D and Go Pro on it i would consider buying one, if there is no way to do that i will not consider it.

Tahoe Ed

You can control aspects of a Go Pro Remotely with mods based around the backpack connector, you are also not stuck with the Fisheye on a Hero 3 or 4 if you mod the camera with the Ribcage Backbone mod kit, that opens up a whole range of lens possibilities including DSLR glass if that is what you need. I really like the concept of the Inspire but really dislike the lock in to the DJI camera. I have not seen one up close yet, if there is a way of getting a 3D and Go Pro on it i would consider buying one, if there is no way to do that i will not consider it.

I do not see that happening unless it is by a third party developer. DJI and GoPro have been going their own ways for some time now. GoPro has announced that they are developing their own brand of MR copters. The market will decide how that venture works.

Cheshirecat

I do not see that happening unless it is by a third party developer. DJI and GoPro have been going their own ways for some time now. GoPro has announced that they are developing their own brand of MR copters. The market will decide how that venture works.
I don't expect DJI to do this, i was hoping that it could be retro fitted by yours truly, but no real idea of how deeply integrated the cameras systems are to the flight controller / gimbal controller etc.... maybe a no go area.

PCMAerial

A night video shot at 1080p-60fps. I apologize for my handheld pans they suck. The flicker you see in the video is me trying to adjust the exposure. I saw little effect.

Hey Ed, I am looking to place my pre-order on an Inspire, and I am curious if there is a confirmation on any specific dealers that the case is included? I have had a few people tell me their pre-order received a free case because of a shipping delay? I am just wondering where can I know 100% that if I order, I will receive a case? Only reason I ask, so I can know if I need to buy a case, or not. Thanks!!

Tahoe Ed

Attachments

• Inspire Sim.PNG
    Inspire Sim.PNG
    636.7 KB · Views: 401

snurre

TahoeEd,

I am trying to get reliable info on DJI platform policy with reference to the iOS, Android and Windows. The info fragments available on DJI public web site, including the forum part, leaves some uncertainty about it.
I think most operators prefer to invest either in iOS platform OR Android - not both.
Hope you can help to clarify what is DJI:s intention and timeline with reference to platform support. To help us make good investment decisions.

Now, with bearing on the Inspire, whose Pilot App from the start is available for iOS and Android: Does this app do it all? Is it a fully capable Ground Station software - with ability of waypoints mission planning and survey photo aquisition?

Off topic, but with relevance to the above platform conversation:
Will the general Ground Station (to use with A2, WKM, ...) soon be available for Android (then, when)?
Will the Windows GS be updated or should we consider it as legacy software?

Tom

Tahoe Ed

TahoeEd,

I am trying to get reliable info on DJI platform policy with reference to the iOS, Android and Windows. The info fragments available on DJI public web site, including the forum part, leaves some uncertainty about it.
I think most operators prefer to invest either in iOS platform OR Android - not both.
Hope you can help to clarify what is DJI:s intention and timeline with reference to platform support. To help us make good investment decisions.

iOS and Android Apps are already in testing. I do not think that they will support Windows, but I do not know for sure.

Now, with bearing on the Inspire, whose Pilot App from the start is available for iOS and Android: Does this app do it all? Is it a fully capable Ground Station software - with ability of waypoints mission planning and survey photo acquisition?

Ground Station and Waypoints are not supported.

Off topic, but with relevance to the above platform conversation:
Will the general Ground Station (to use with A2, WKM, ...) soon be available for Android (then, when)?
Will the Windows GS be updated or should we consider it as legacy software?

Not that I know of for Android. I would consider the windows GS to be legacy.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

PCMAerial

The case will be included in all orders according to DJI.

Thank you for the information. I am about 5 secs away from pulling the trigger on a pre-order. I use a standard quad or hex with a gopro/zenmuse and it has performed well enough to get the job done. But the building and tinkering aspect gets old after 10+ builds. The catch is I use my rig ALOT. So I know nobody has a definite answer, but I sure hope they ship beginning of Jan if I sell my gear to buy this beast. HMMM decisions...

F360

With the above being said. Does anyone have a recommendation for a tablet to work with the inspire?