DJI Zenmuse gimbal and S800 Spreading Wings preorder

DennyR

At least DJI tell you that it is pre-order. The Chinese law protects these people from this type of scam. a company called Simply Electronics will take your orders and money then send you nothing. After a few weeks of credit card hassle you get your money back (if you're lucky) but they have had your money interest free for all that time. Multiply that a few thousand times and you start to see its very big business. Each time money goes back and forth PayPal take their share, so they aint gona ban them. In fact they process your claim with very few questions asked. They rely on the fact that the customer is so relieved to get most of the money back. These dirtbags should be stopped. I bought from Goodluckbuy and the board was DOA. I never got a replacement. Friends do be careful, the day they decide to close the doors and do a runner..............

Last edited by a moderator:

wheeler

hey everyone

hope you all doing ok ?

did anyone of you guys got the z15 ??
does anybody really hold it in the hands ? :)

got a bad call from my distributor today !

cheers

Digitech

if anyone needs one desperate , we got a S800 incl brandnew Z15N.
comes with WKM
just flown couple of times indoor.
has latest firmware its for the Nex5 or 7
goes for normal selling price

DennyR

Has anyone used the Maxamps 6s 1100 mah 40 C battery with the S/800. If so how much do these batteries weigh? At 399 usd each they need to be quite special me thinks.

Digitech

yes

i get 9 minutes with 30% reserve (wich is a very safe setting , we sell these to police)
S800 with Zenmuse
Sony Nex-5N
Digital video TX unit (350 grams)
max amps 11000 6S 1220 grams

vislaw

Has anyone used the Maxamps 6s 1100 mah 40 C battery with the S/800. If so how much do these batteries weigh? At 399 usd each they need to be quite special me thinks.

I fly them with my S800. 1220 grams. Best power to weight ratio I've found.

Digitech

its not only that.
these batteries come well packed with tons of information.
true 40C.
and can if i am correctly have 3 x times the cycles then turnigy.
and they say lifetime warranty , and waterproof (thats the least of our worries)

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
not that support this in any way, but interesting. They are announcing the MS800 for Aug/15 and changed the features to: Retractable Landing Gear * 1 Set, didn't see that before. For us s800 users this means that the retractable landing gear should also be available soon.

Boris

srbell

Hey Boris, looks like the same fixed gear I have... If there is a set available, I'd definitely want it. I've been going through all my jet and giant scale retracts seeing if there's something I can adapt to the S800.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
on the picture its nothing else than the s800 and a cheap move from rctimer etc. But them mentioning that there will be a retraceable landing gear goes hand in hand with the info DJI posted in RCgroups. Since i am pretty sure that rc timer is letting the ms8000 get produced in the same factory as DJI, they probably got the info from the factory the retraceable will be finished before Aug 15 thus it will also be available to DJI. lets see just speculating here.

Boris

DennyR

The knock-off hexa that these people sell is not the same quality as the F550 from DJI. this stuff is made with different tooling if you take a close look. It is definitely Knock-off and not just a rebrand. Lets see how they get on with the Z15. Sure DJI are not a manufacturing house and rely on subcontractors to produce their stuff. That could make it easier for people to copy it as the whole place is awash with cheap high volume manufacturers. Getting past the software barriers could be less easy to achieve if they upload in house. But cracking that is only a short time delay. Comp. is good for business or so they say!!!

DennyR

The pre-order gamble. I can remember when, in England there was just one foundry that produced magnesium castings. At that time all of the F1 car constructors used this material for many race car pats. At the start of the season the demand was such that the foundry was overloaded with work so they said that a 50% deposit should be paid in advance of all orders to get priority. So that little man Bernie Eclestone who at the time owned Brabham said that he would pay the whole amount as soon as his stuff was finished. So he then went from last to the front of the waiting list. It is human nature to be greedy so he traded on that. I wonder how many times that has worked with dealers of MR.

DennyR

I don,t see any plastic moulding machines, laser cutters, pick and place, carbon molding, etc. Assembly only it looks like. Can be better for quality control this way. The more in-house the better.

Topper

quick question to the ones that have already received s800 and Z15. Do you use the data view as well? I just build my s800 and after connecting the 2.4 Ghz data view I have no CANBUS port free any longer.

I ask myself how I should now connect a Z15 to the system.

Topper

hi Boris,

yes the 2.4 data view has only one port, the 900 has 2 but as you know 900 is no option for us in europe