DJI Zenmuse gimbal and S800 Spreading Wings preorder

DennyR

Re: the ESC heat issue - silicone is actually a good conductor of heat, so as long as air can circulate (the spacers sound like a good idea) then it might actually help dissipate the heat.

Silicon rubber, the kind that you buy in the hardware shop or instant gasket etc. produces acetic acid. Test it on a piece of metal and see what happens. I would not put that stuff anywhere near your electronics. There are specialized thermally conductive epoxides designed for that job.

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

Jes, it's always good to hear your constructive comments, however, If all you want to do is take a few stills, then why do you need any camera movements. There are other ways to do that very successfully. In fact you can even make a reasonable video with a fixed camera.

Any chance of seeing your aerial pro photography? I am not trying to challenge your ability, I was just interested to see where you're coming from..

One thing that is not right about the Z15 set-up manual is the recommended lens setting of 1/60th at F3.5. The 16 mm/2.8 E pancake lens is a dog at anything approaching full bore. Many are saying that it has no place on a Nex-7 but ok on a Nex. All of the test results that I have seen confirm that the edge performance is barely acceptable even at F8. Lets hope the 24 mm lens kit arrives soon. 16 mm is equivalent to 24 mm in 35mm terms so it is too wide anyway.

jes1111

Silicon rubber, the kind that you buy in the hardware shop or instant gasket etc. produces acetic acid. Test it on a piece of metal and see what happens. I would not put that stuff anywhere near your electronics. There are specialized thermally conductive epoxides designed for that job.
I'm assuming that DJI have used the correct type of silicone for the job ;-) (if indeed it is silicone). At any rate, I assume it's on there for vibration protection as well as heat dissipation.

jes1111

One thing that is not right about the Z15 set-up manual is the recommended lens setting of 1/60th at F3.5. The 16 mm/2.8 E pancake lens is a dog at anything approaching full bore. Many are saying that it has no place on a Nex-7 but ok on a Nex. All of the test results that I have seen confirm that the edge performance is barely acceptable even at F8. Lets hope the 24 mm lens kit arrives soon. 16 mm is equivalent to 24 mm in 35mm terms so it is too wide anyway.
Yep - not the best lens around, but it can be much improved using DxO Optics Pro which will automatically correct the distortion, CA, vignetting, etc. I've been using DxO for years (in fact I'm a beta tester for them) to correct such issues with Nikon and Canon lenses - even the so-called "pro" glass benefits. But, of course, it's no help for video.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi

I was lucky either before takeoff :dejection:

jdm66

Thats just ****ty !!! sorry to see that ! I just started working on my CS8 again even if the S800 comes back fixed or what ever, I think i will wait to put the zenmuse to it and use the CS8 with it first.

Boris

DennyR

I have been wondering if these overheating problems are related to the very high gain settings that some are using. I have a mind to produce some prop. adapters so that I can try some other props. I just don't like these carbon ones. It just looks all wrong and could be causing instability. I'd like to see what it's like with 14x4.7 APC's I'm still not convinced that the dihedral is a good idea. I tried that with MK and it was no good.

JDM66

I am also looking for adapter for testing XOAR blades in 15 "

but for now I will stop investing in the products dji until they straighten all their problems :nevreness:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I have been wondering if these overheating problems are related to the very high gain settings that some are using. I have a mind to produce some prop. adapters so that I can try some other props. I just don't like these carbon ones. It just looks all wrong and could be causing instability. I'd like to see what it's like with 14x4.7 APC's I'm still not convinced that the dihedral is a good idea. I tried that with MK and it was no good.

I don't think so. I was flying it 3 weeks ago at our vienna copter meet. First on a big field a lot of wind pushing it around took it down and the ESCs were cold. I was embarrassed though be the wobbles and dance it did in the wind although i had the gains on the radio i couldn't get it to be clam. I took it for a second flight in a smaller space not wind protected by trees. I just let it hover no weight on it only 6s 8000 mah. I took down the gains to 100 just to see if the harsh regulation would stop and let it hover like that for 5 mins. After that the ESCs were hot to the pain level.

Boris

JDM66

Hi

after S800 and all frustrations, I need to beef up my arms :D

jdm66