DJI Zenmuse gimbal and S800 Spreading Wings preorder

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I keep on forgetting :) Strange one that they would have forgotten or made the mistake that the z15 and datalink in combo won't work because of a can-bus shortage

rsun

I notes the same..... and I am also in europe so need to use the 2,4... :-(

DJI we got a problem...... !!!!!!

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
gonna ask in the Rcgroups in the zenmuse thread. I also wouldn't know were to connect it if I wouldn't have the second port on the 900.

Topper

wow 6K € System and now I will tell the cutomer he can either use Zenmuse or Waypoint... I hope DJI will come up with a sort of Y-Adapter and send that 1. free of charge (maybee with the battery tray) and 2. quick

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Y-Adapter.jpg

you could probably fix something up yourself. But I extended the LED cable once to get the LED all the way through a CS8 arm. If you make the slightest mistake the whole system will be taken down and result in a crash. These can-bus cables in the WKM system are a ***** to solder, doable of coarse but the question if one wants to take the risk !

Boris

Topper

that was my idea as well to build a y-adapter on my own and try but for a professional system like WKM + S800 + Z15 i dont expect and accept i have to do so... lets see what DJI will come back with

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
someone is going to get spanked at DJI. Must be annoying for them too. Correct procedure would be to send out a, unit, cab-bus y harness whatever for free, extra shipping costs for them etc.

DennyR

As I recall the free 2.4/900 was just an incentive to buy. Ha HA, they didn't say you could actually use it.

Topper

i just have seen the advice in RC-Groups to remove the status LED in the meantime... wow what a fantastic idea but that might solve final the white flash issue for some users :D

srbell

i just have seen the advice in RC-Groups to remove the status LED in the meantime... wow what a fantastic idea but that might solve final the white flash issue for some users :D

I've got the 900mhz version, but that white flashing really bugs me. I'm tossing the LED as well lol!

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
guys whats going on with the S800 flips, third or fourth report i am seeing in regroups. Normally one or two i wouldn't believe or stay critical about it, but now its just getting more and more. Getting a little scared to fly that thing have it flip and not have the evidence to proof it wasn't my fault. Think i am only going to fly it with a GoPro strap to my head to have footage if something happens.

Wasn't there someone who modded the ESCs in the S800 arms and scrapped of the silicon stuff to make them water proof and added some heatsinks. I started to get motivated to mod the airflow for the ESCs. Last experience when the thing was only hovering for a couple minutes with no payload just a 8000 6s the bottom ESC/arm plates were hot to the pain level.

Boris

DennyR

I agree that this is getting to be worrying. With any system there will be a few problems and some people are just unlucky. What we need right now is to hear from people who have done a significant amount of hours with S800 to determine if a problem exists or not. Low Kv motors can need some very special treatment with MR use. They are prone to RPM limiting problems which can effect stability at high loads and can easily loose phase sync. with sudden throttle movements.

Hmmm. shall I fly this new S800 or not. That Z15 looks so nice is would be a shame to put a scratch on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

skivvie

What you need is the sales figures to know how many sold vs how many failures... and you won't get that. If there's 1000 out there flying around and 5 have failed... .5% failure rate doesn't seem so bad... especially given all the variables of user error and the V1 product aspect. But who knows how many are out there. 5 isn't worrying. or is it 4... or 3?

skivvie

And now for a question...

Has anyone has come up with a brilliant solution for quickly mounting and removing the GPS/Compass mast? Finally getting my S800 out of it's case! I tried an R pin on my previous WKM build but it was just too loose given my lack of precision drilling equipment.

What are you guys who disassemble the S800 back to it's case regularly doing about the mast? Thanks!

vislaw

I've been using velcro to just mount mine on the top plate. Yes, I know the manual says move it away from the electronics. But so far it is working well.

And now for a question...

Has anyone has come up with a brilliant solution for quickly mounting and removing the GPS/Compass mast? Finally getting my S800 out of it's case! I tried an R pin on my previous WKM build but it was just too loose given my lack of precision drilling equipment.

What are you guys who disassemble the S800 back to it's case regularly doing about the mast? Thanks!

DennyR

For you guys lucky enough to have your Z15 where did you end up mounting the GCU. It's not critical other than the cables all need to reach it OK.

Topper

seems to be still no answer from DJI regarding the out of CANBUS ports when using the 2,4 Ghz data view... i send the request as well last week: silence up to now. Was there not mentioned they respond within 48 hours?