DJI Zenmuse gimbal and S800 Spreading Wings preorder

Tahoe Ed

Nice Boris. I took my time and it was a little longer for me to build. I didn't get the new software loaded until last night. I am using Sidney's settings for 5.06. Now I just need to calibrate the compass. The good news is that I am taking it on a trip with me today. It took me about 15 minutes to break down and stow back in the case. I stowed the two hex drivers in the case with the S800 I have my charger, lipos, netbook, and Tx in a rolling backpack. No gimbal at this time. All together about 40 pounds. I did have to include a change of cloths. My A/P friends in Lake Tahoe are anxious to see this big bird. They are currently running a Cinestar 360 on a HL MK Hexa. It should be fun.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
damm i just bricked my MC I think. thought that i have the latest firmware version on it but didn't to updated it again and during the process my power supply dropped the voltage for some reason i can't explain and now i can't flash the MC anymore and the LED on it is dead.

Anybody ever had anything similar ?

Have to take another bird apart now ;( and use the components

Thanks

Boris

DennyR

damm i just bricked my MC I think. thought that i have the latest firmware version on it but didn't to updated it again and during the process my power supply dropped the voltage for some reason i can't explain and now i can't flash the MC anymore and the LED on it is dead.

Anybody ever had anything similar ?

Have to take another bird apart now ;( and use the components

Thanks

Boris

Boris I think the low voltage has corrupted the bootloader. You need to talk to the factory. They may not want to give you this file!!!

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks Denny. I guess I will send it in and see if they service it for me.

Boris

By the way I mounted the gps modul directly onto the centerplate without the pole and no problems getting a lock down at all.

Boris

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Thanks Denny. I guess I will send it in and see if they service it for me.

Boris

By the way I mounted the gps modul directly onto the centerplate without the pole and no problems getting a lock down at all.

Boris

Will be nice if we can do without the GPS pole. I will have to try that.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
uh uh i feel like a fool. After bricking one of the WKM setups. I managed to have a really bad maiden. After the 6th copter i built now I was so good this time to mix up the ESC plugs :) Flip of death of coarse, took it to easy to arrogant.

Only positive side of the game, are pics of how the props inner life ;) and i will see and give the info how long it takes to get spare props :)View attachment 4136

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 338

DennyR

Bad luck Boris, If that is the only damage you could slip on some prop. adapters and give it a try on a set of 14'' APC's. Never know, they may be just as good.

Tahoe Ed

View attachment 4148View attachment 4149View attachment 4151

I just got back from my maiden flight of my S800. I brought my friend, James Cole, a professional photographer, and his partner Tom along to observe and video the event. All I can say is WOW!!!!. I was flying in 8 to 16+mph winds at 6500ft elevation on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe. The performance was stellar. I still have some tuning to do but with Sidney's basic settings it was good. My flying weight with 2x6S 5000mAh lipos was 4.65k. I got 20+minutes out of the lipos doing mostly hovering in ATTI and GPS/ATTI. I did get a little stick banging in but this is not the craft for that other than for test purposes. I did see a few of the dreaded white LED flashes. It was mostly when there were gusts of wind that upset the balance of the S800. James shot about 10min of iPhone video, now I need to go through it and distill it down to about 3 minutes of the highlights. Here is my lipo mounting solution. It is a little ghetto but it works. 4 rubberized 1/2" pipe hangers and sections cut from an ACE Hardware yardstick. I will be replacing them with some CF when I get home. I did velcro and then used two Scorpion battery straps that I had setting around. It was very solid and well balanced. Video to follow.

Attachments

• S800 Lipo Mount 1.jpg
    S800 Lipo Mount 1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 380
  • S800 Lipo Mount 2.jpg
    S800 Lipo Mount 2.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 307
  • S800 Lipo Mount 3.jpg
    S800 Lipo Mount 3.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 299
Last edited by a moderator:

srbell

Wahoo! Just got my shipping notification from Robert. It's coming USPS... Hope it makes the journey : )

srbell

I have no idea. Maybe Robert knows. Currently I've got a Multiwii YSix with a NEX 5n and a 2 axis camera mount, talk about loading a lot of gear on a small airframe lol! Still it will push past 10min so it's pretty good. It will be nice to have a larger airframe though.

JDM66

Hi,
my S800 landing in France Thursday afternoon
popcorn.gif

Now the problem is:

choose a camera mount :
confused.gif

any suggestions...

jdm66